the elections

Discussion in 'General' started by hozomeen, Nov 9, 2006.

1. i haven't seen any posts related to this yet...though i may just be missing them...but is anyone else excited about the democrat victory in the election? and rumsfeld resigning?!?! because it seems as there is a lack of enthusiastic barbarism. :smoking:

2. the democrats have finally been voted over the republicans again. and about time rumsfeld left.. :hello::hello::hello:

3. I think the lack of posts is because of the lack of interest in politics by us stoners, which is evident in the fact that the legalization and activism forum is the least viewed and least posted forum on this site.

4. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Jq0j80UB_c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Jq0j80UB_c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. this happens every twleve years in the american form of democracy ( two party ), its labeled as a "realignment" period. These have happened numerous times over the years. not a big deal. This happens all the time, its the american way of politics. One side does good for a bit, then falls off, the other side makes the opposing side look bad to gain votes. Repeat.

the american constitution was actually written in a way by our founding fathers to use each branch of govt's power hungriness to make a set of even rules. Pretty neat when you actually look at it.

I honestly prefer the way our GOVT teachers have explained parliamentary democracy ( with proportional representation and what not ) because there's actually about 7 parties and seems a little less repetitive to me. Just my opinion!!!!

6. I'm still not quite sure what I voted for yet...too early to tell. I'm glad that the GOP lost steam...which was to be expected, and I guess it shows that the representational democracy of the United States is mildly functional, and consistently teeters from center right to center left, whichever way the public is leaning at the moment...

7. yes, this does happen every decade or so, the pendulum of american politics. and of course eventually it will swing the other way again, but with all the blunderings that have been made due to the former republican regime, i think that giving the dems a hand at repairing it is a big deal. even if they don't completely repair it, at least they'll emphasize the fact that there is something to be repaired, something that the majority of the government has not admitted to. just because a pattern is being followed (back to democrats) doesn't mean it's not important, or a 'big deal.' toward the beginning of the last shift we started a war.