The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by DutchX5, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The 610 can probably run it. I like it on my GTX 980 though :)

2. Completely agree with you, they underutilized the Thalmar to a pretty wicked extent. I honestly thought that the faction quest between the two sides was going to pit the victor against them and to my dismay, that shit never went down.

3. Used to run it on a 610, can confirm. Although once the mods start piling up the frame rate takes a dive.
    Agreed. There are some cool thalmor questline mods though
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33261/

4. My favorite mod so far was Falskaar http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37994/?

5. I just recently installed Falskaar & Wyrmstooth. I haven't touched Falskaar yet but I've dabbled a little into Wyrmstooth. Pretty fun so far though.

6. Makes me want to sell everything and build a pc.

7. It's one of the best games of the fantasy RPG genre in a few years. I just started it's cousin, Fallout 4. Hopefully that lives up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. For me it still is one of the best games I've ever played and that's only on PS3

Fallout 4 is great but IMO dose t compare to the elder scrolls series

9. #10649 oldskoolgrower, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
    I don't play many games on my PS3 or PS4. The PS3 is in the guest room mostly as a Netflix/BluRay box and the PS4 is mostly for BluRay in the living room. I'm almost strictly a PC gamer.

EDIT: I agree about the two series. Fallout is a good one but The Elder Scrolls is one of the best franchises in modern times.

10. I'm back from the future and you guys were right, it was awesome

11. You play on console or pc?

12. both man, consoles fun for when you just want some easy game play in vanilla but pc when you want a truly amazing experience

13. Ah I can't go back to playing it on 360. Once you get used to 5 second loading screens as opposed to 5 minute ones it's a game changer haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]

playing as an orc samurai ish dude atm

• Like Like x 5
  15. I'm probably gonna replay oblivion

• Like Like x 2
  16. I've tried sinking my teeth into it a couple of times now, but I just can't

Tried the same with Morrowind, couldn't :<

I did play the shit out of both when they came out tho

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah, Morrowind was aight. Oblivion came at a time when i had nothing to play and so i ended up sinking close to 2000hrs into it through probably 10 characters played. One of the early abuses i make use of is the beginning dungeon where the two rats are running away from the zombie down the tunnel, if you let them run into the room, the one rat will try and attack you, but the other will not attack you at all, acting passive instead but still considered an enemy so if u just sneak around the pillars for maybe 30 minutes youll walk out the beginning dungeon @ level 10-15 easy, maybe even 20-25 if you change the difficulty and level your block up.

I could go on.. Way too much time into that game lol.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I put autorun on and ran into walls while I was eating dinner etc, lvling up my athleticism

• Like Like x 2
  19. Skyrim remaster 10/28/16 with mod support.
    I'm stoked af.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  20. #10660 WherezMyLighter, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    I'm stoked and I'll probably buy it, but definitely not the announcement I was hoping for from Bethesda.

I still have my 360 and skyrim disc (I sort of just started taking my gaming collecting seriously) with all my huge saves so there's not a real huge incentive for me to buy a "prettier" skyrim. I saw something about mod support on console, if that's true then maybe. I don't know much about mods being a console pleb nub, but if Some of them add to the story or make quests then that would be invaluable as long as the community could produce content for a decent amount of time that I could play forever. Aside from that I'm not really sold just yet.

And this remake/remaster trend is something Hollywood cinema started and is spreading to gaming. Like Jurassic park 4 etc. I feel like so many companies are trying to capitalize on the nostalgic moments of this generation of gamers, which is a bit fucked in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1