The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by DutchX5, Dec 12, 2010.

1. That's not a bad price! I was imagining at least 1200$ for a decent setup gonna have to look into that.
    I don't need the best just somthing that will run it with decent graphics the old laptop I had could barley play ESO on the worst setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. if you buy that pre built your going to have to tear that graphics card out on day one, a 610 is effectively useless in 2015. Id suggest spending a day or two reaseaching minor computer part knowlegde and building your own. my buddy just put a rig together that can run everything we've thrown at it on ultra @ and ive never seen him drop below 60 frames. in borderlands 2 he has at over a hundred frames even in the heat on conflict. only spent 850 on the whole computer and put it together himself in 1 afternoon.

I did something more like you guys, buy a pre bult and replace parts. but after youve replaced as many parts as me you realize you should of just built one. 

3. Thanks!
    Any good forums for this kinda stuff I can do some research on? Defiantly feel like I'm missing out on pc gaming but don't wanna just start dropping $ on whatever

4. for any specfic questions id post a question on http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ they are always helpful 
    to figure out how much things are going to cost and if they will go well together id us https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
    and you use this site to compare to parts, mostly GPUs, and see how they perform against each other http://www.hwcompare.com/

5. Thanks! I got some reading to do!

Thanks! I got some reading to do!

Not necessarily. The 610 handles Skyrim on medium settings just fine, as well as a few other games at a steady 60fps. I've had that prebuilt since february and still haven't replaced anything, and I play skyrim on it all the time. Should you upgrade as soon as possible? Yeah, but you don't need to "rip it out day one because it's useless"

I bought it knowing the GPU was weak and I would upgrade it eventually. But it's a big change for me anyways, this is the first time I've ever had something not running integrated graphics

7. I used to have a 620 and for me medium skyrim was unplayable because i played it on 360 first so i knew kinda the extent of what it could look like. plus if you have mods installed that medium/60fps takes dives fast depending no which mods. i have a 750ti which is still considered a bargain card. you can get one for like 130. 

8. Anyone still play this? Installed a new gpu and started trying out enb's and what not. Old ass game I've beaten so many times and it's still fun to get lost in.

[​IMG]

9. Just fired up a new save file. Orc with focus on one handed, blocking and heavy armor. Last couple of save files have been a mix of archery, sneak and magic so I'm psyched to get into a new type of run. This game still has insane playability. I've gone through it about 5-6 times.

Anyone still into this?

10. I still play every once in a while. I gave up playing on console though and moved to PC.

11. I play all the time now, PS3 user over here.

12. Orc Racial + 2H = GG

13. Yeah I was thinking about this also. Maybe I'll say fuck it and go one handed and two handed mix. No biggie.

Yeah I played on PS3 for the longest time. When I ended up building my rig, Skyrim was one of the first games I purchased. Graphics are amazing and the amount of mods they have to make it look even better is crazy.

14. Yeah dude one of my favorite games to play stoned still, playing an orc battlemage rn

With mods on PC its like a renewable game too

15. dorked out a lot on this game

some of my fave builds:

stealth/alchemy/illusion/1h ninja

[​IMG]

heavy/block/destruction/resto/speech battlemage

after going full ISIL on the real bad guys of the game, the thalmor

i wish they had done more out of the Man in the High Tower potential for storyline with the Thalmor instead of all the other shit they did in DLCs. This is from a mod that puts more focus on the liberation of the empire from the thalmor; notice the dope-ass actual late-republic era Roman legionary equipment

[​IMG]

speech/1h/heavy/block samurai 'duelist', here showing a mod to make the night more like real night, can barely see anything outside of the torch radius, which makes caves and night fighting so much more intense, and sneaking much

[​IMG]

gonna hit the bong and play rn talked myself into it

16. Cool that you play. Where do you go for mods? I modded the game when it first came out, 2 PC's ago and never since, so I'm well behind. Is it still a good ole xtract files to x interface folder to get it going or does Steam Workshop operate differently?

Great game for sure. What doesn't get enough props are the rag doll physics. Great for making combat feel more real, and the fus-ro-dah more hilarious when it flies someone off of a cliff or across the room.

17. #10637 VikingToker, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
    The Steam Workshop, that simple! Really great way to browse and super easy to add mods. I have 218 atm lol

Otherwise I think the best non-steam authority is called nexusmod or something, google "skyrim mod nexus" and itll pop, manual adding, still great and a bigger selection

A big key is getting the skyrim script extender, that opens up for even more mutative mods, such as one that adds a bunch of dope ass killmoves and increases decapitation chance etc; makes melee combat fluent and dynamic.

There's some mainstay mods for each 'archetype' too; Midas Magic adds hundreds of spells and opens up for pathways like druid magic, telekenisis/teleportation magic, etc. Shenk thievery overhaul for stealth, adds the darkness and lots of fun improvements to sneakin' n' assassinatin'. I think the combat mod I talked about above is called Realistic Combat

Finally mods that alter perk trees and add a bunch of new options to those are absolutely worth a look into, adds new playstyles and thus dimensions to the game

Edit: Cannot stress enough how a gang of mods can turn Skyrim into a great implementation of Skyrim 2

18. I would probably still play this game if it didn't freeze so much. 360.

19. Get mods here:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim

Install them with Mod Organizer because Nexus Mod Manager will destroy your installation folder. Mod Organizer installs mods to a separate directory which makes uninstalling problem mods a piece of cake without damaging your installation.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

20. skyrim is a fun game, although i feel it could have been better i am not disappointed, especially with all of the mods on the pc