The Effects of MJ

Discussion in 'General' started by Reflection Eternal, May 5, 2009.

1. Funny how it's said to effect each person differently, because lately it's come to seem pretty predictable for me how most people will behave when stoned. I know this isn't all people, but I'm noticing a trend and I want to know what everyone who smokes or knows people who smokes think about it.

I had the pleasure of treating two people to my volcano last night, I didn't partake because I get off probation in 2 months and I don't wanna be stupid about it. The shitty part is, as soon as these two got high, they got self-conscious and neurotic. I know this because one (chick #1) started fooling around with the vaporizer attempting to load the next bag, and while doing so her body language signaled she didn't know what the hell she was doing and she was worried about looking stupid in front of me and the other girl. I don't want to sound like I'm jumping to conclusions and I can't describe it concisely, but I'm positive what was going through her head. Mainly because I've been there before.

Chick #2 proceeded to call chick #1 out and antagonize her ignorance openly, which pissed me off. I was offended because even though she wasn't attacking me, I'm the same way when I get high - I feel like I have to do something and the next thing I know I'm worried about what everyone else is thinking about my own actions. It just seemed like a bitch tactic to call someone out when they look confused or weak. Regardless, as this was going on, I was putting on a song on a nearby laptop and remaining neutral in the conversation.

Afterwards, as random music came on after my song, we were talking and chick #2 goes to pick a song of her own. As she is talking to herself outloud about how she will find a song, it's again obvious she herself is in this state of slight panic for no reason.

Chick #2 then tells a story about how she was at a bar the other night and she was stoned, and she felt like she had to flee the scene because she was having an awkward interaction with a guy. We then discussed how this feeling of "wanting to get out of here / leave" always comes up whenever we get high, and I was just genuinely surprised that they were acting the same way I normally do.

It's just disappointing that the herb is causing this paranoia, but it was fascinating for me to be on the outside for once and observe the changes in personality. Chick #1 felt and looked dumb, while chick #2 decided to find something wrong with what she was doing and criticize her. Amazing how often this scenario has played out in my life, with me in chick #1's shoes. I've decided that the paranoia that is always mentioned with weed is in fact one and the same with the phenomonen I'm talking about, and it essentially makes people feel self-conscious.

I want to put the blame of this problem on people who have this "control drama" of questioning and finding problems in other's behavior, because it seems wrong to blame the person who suddenly feels aloof. Maybe it is deeper than that though. If there weren't a person to be aloof and vulnerable, would the antagonist's actions be possible? And what can be said about this when someone gets high and doesn't experience either of these roles?

If you've made it through the walls of text above thanks for reading. What is your opinion on the matter?

2. im the opposite, i sing and dont care what im doing when high.

3. If I'm high enough I forget other people are around.

4. Well, I would argue that the events in your story are just perpetuations of chick 1 and 2's respective personalities. In other words, they would have acted that way stoned or not.