The effect on price of legalization

Discussion in 'General' started by SomeRand, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Here's what's on my mind blades, how would legalization effect the price/quality of weed?

What would happen to all the weed currently in circulation illegally?

I'm under the impression that weed would become as cheap as any other legal commodity, affordable to the public by the pound. I picture myself going into a superstore or something to the weed isle and purchasing multiple pounds of weed for x00 dollars.

I can only imagine the impact it would have.

2. well for the stae that are going for full legalization will sell their product for a 50 dollar tax fee per ounce and only being able to buy an oz at a time.

3. The world, and America, could be changed forever.

The hundreds of uses we currently know for Cannabis would be fucktupled in amount the week it is legalized and government funded studies are done on the plant.

I truly believe this can save our economy and change the history of the world, you don't even understand the impact this may have.

Just something to think about.

4. Can you cite that information, I wasn't aware of this..
    I have been thinking about it, that's why I wanted to hear what other blades would have to say about it. I'm guessing the rest of the world would follow suit if America would legalize it, considering they were the ones who pressured everyone else to outlaw it to begin with.

5. #5 davidtokehead, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    but idk because for most states that are legalizing will have goverment produce the product, which they will probably genetically ingeneer the stuff and it wont be the same then cannabis itself will loose other cannbinoids that will be iradicated by genetic modifications. idk just my opinion

6. you can look at the anitiatives for oregon and washington, just look them up. washington wont allow cultivation, it has to be bought thru their stores, on the other hand for oregons anitiative will lable all forms of cannabis as industrial hemp.

7. It's unfathomable to assume that private industry wouldn't result from legalization. I don't think the state would first legalize the drug they've been lying about for years, then begin mass producing it. Talk about bad press.

8. yeah well the state will produce the stuff
    will have growers.

9. each state will product their own stuff

10. well pipe tobacco is like $25 a pound... if weed is anything close to that when legalized im down. as long as its not fucked with like tobacco is.