The easiest way to replace the water in dwc tank

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by the123321, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Thanks. The rubber washers would be in the reservoir where the tube goes in on there for it?

2. The rubber washers usually used in hose connections at the pump. It never leaked on me and I don't think it would unless you forgot to use the washers (or used bad ones). The end that goes in the buckets (draining and filling) are just hose ends. Though, I guess you could rig a connection. But, that seems like too much work to just do a water transfer.

3. This or a bucket head shop vac. I've used both. They'll both do what you're looking for. This one is quiet and runs on 2 "AA". 20200303_060818.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Thanks. How fast does a pump like that work on there for it?

5. Assuming you have ~4gal in a 5gal bucket, it's less than a minute. It'll leave 0.5-1" of liquid in the buck unless you tilt the bucket.

The bucket head shop vac is less than a minute also and won't leave that 1", but again, it's louder.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thanks. I may look into that for it.

7. I second the motion.
    I use these a lot.

8. Thanks. You use the battery powered hand pump for it?

9. This thing sucks ass lol I have the same one...it’s slow as hell and eats batteries fast. Ultimately it does come in handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. I use a whale pump, easy bailer 55 manual bilge pump, it shifts over 8 gal per minute (30L plus) and leaves less than 1/8" behind. I modded the outlet for direct bucket to bucket transfers but it comes supplied with a flexible hose.
    pump 55.jpg ..