The e-cig thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by foamyys, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I have yet to see any threads metion anything about electronic cigarettes, which I am looki to get into. I am over cigarettes just not the nicotine.
    If anyone can give any reccomendations on the model and brand they use, along with their favorite flavors, that would be wonderful.

2. I have a V2 brand e-cig. I've never tried any other brands, but a friend tried a bunch and this brand was her favorite so it's the one I bought.

They don't have a huge variety of flavors, but they sell blank cartridges so you can fill it with your own flavor from any other company.
    Of the flavors they do have, I like the vanilla and the "red" which is supposed to be their Marlboro equivalent. I actually prefer Camels to Marbs, but the "red" flavor tastes the most like a real cigarette to me.

3. Have you found that it produces a satisfactory amount of nicotine for a half pack to pack a day smoker?

4. My grandma and both great grandparents died from ling cancer, I am more worried about that. Being a smoker for 3 years, I mainly want to use an eig to gradually control my nicotine to quit. How long/often was your friend using his ecig?

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Joyetech Ego-T. Did wonders for people I know who have em....

6. I tried Square and Blu disposables to see if e-cigs could help me quit, both died within 2 uses (maybe 2 drags on the first Square, 10 drags on the second one I got, the Blu wasn't working right and I had to cover the little air hole to get it to light up and make vapor, it died after the first use)

Sooo... yeah. Not a fan of them. I see no reason to buy a kit, all my e-cig experiences have been horrible.

7. A very long time, i think like almost a year. I can't distguingush between the brands myself, maybe some are worse then others but these ones were just the ones you can pick up at any ol seven eleven.

I personally used one for about 2 months at work, would just walk around and puff on it was great, i never had any problems or nothing myself.

8. The nicotine level I chose, yeah. The brand I have, you can buy cartridges that contain different nicotine levels.

They have "full" which is 18mg of nicotine, "medium" which is 12mg nicotine, "light" which is 6mg nicotine and "zero" which (of course) contains no nicotine at all.

My regular cigarettes are American Spirit rolling tobacco with a tube injector, so they're pretty heavy, but I've found that the medium level of nicotine is about right for me. Light is definitely not enough. I haven't tried "full" but I feel like it would be a bit too much for me.

They also allow you to purchase custom cartridges where you can choose your own nicotine level (up to 24mg) and flavor which they'll try to match as best they can, but it's pretty expensive (over $200) because you have to purchase at least 100 cartridges for it to be worth it for them.

I do like how when they have extras of peoples custom cartridges, they sell them at a discounted price on their forums. They get some interesting flavors in there... saw a sale once on the forums for some Glenlivet scotch flavored cartridges. :p

9. Get some nicotine gum and glucose pills, the glucose will help with your bodies sugars and make the nicotine gum more
    Effective in helping you quit, ive never found tobacco to be addictive.

10. For me, it's less about the nicotine and more about the actual act of smoking. Which is why an e-cig helps me a lot.

I'm sure gum would help me not have nicotine cravings, but it wouldn't help with me wanting that act of actually smoking. :p

11. Awhile back, i went into my LHS an the guy behind the counter had a foot long weird ass thing he was smoking. He said it was an ecig but I have not seen anything like it since. He said it was like 3 bills, and upon closer examination, i saw that you can actually see the fluid that was in it. This kid even had a belt attachment for it.

12. I've seen those before, but anything that long just doesn't feel right to me.

My e-cig has different lengths for the batteries (which would be the white part of a traditional cigarette) and I bought the shortest one because it was the closest to actual cigarette size. I just wish it was super light like a real cig, but I don't see that being very possible. :p

13. know what it was called? the thing must have been a good 1-2 lb.

14. thats why i ouit found out i had lung cancer 4 weeks of chemo 8 weeks of radation and it came back now i have to be but out so they can go down my throat to lazer some of it out and back to radation so just ouit because i did the e cig and it didnt work for me the patch that the hospital work for me but its to late for me but not for you good luck

15. sorry but this may be a little long...

a mate gave me one to try while we chilled, and althought it totally tooks care of nicotine cravings it kind of accelerated the neccessity to keep dragging. and unless the cartridge or battery runs out, you'll keep dragging on it for hours. basically it was like constantly having a ciggy between the fingers, that would be puffed on every couple of minutes for about 4 hours... at the end of the night i wanted to scrape my lungs. they are good, but dont really address ALL the needs of a smoker trying to quit.

personally, in the end it was just another distraction from tobacco, but nothing that made me want them over actual ciggies, because even though the cravings weren't as much and the lungs hurt, i still wanted a real one...

best thing about them is the price/longevity... 1 cartridge equaled about a pack, 8 carts in a pack = approx a carton of smokes- for $30-40 (unbelievable value in aussie dollars, cartons start at about $60-70 here)

in short, not worth it, imo, if your serious about quitting. cold turkey sucks but it works. will power and all that.

p.s. the mates that gave me one are back on real ciggies.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #18 elektrovaype, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013

My mom died from lung cancer, she was a long time smoker.

You can get nicotine juice at different strengths, that's important to know. There are several "sad facts" to consider, maybe:

1) You're a nicotine addict at this point.

2) Cigarettes contain known toxins and can kill you and have been proven to shorten lives, but because of (1) you keep using them.

3) E-cigarettes seem cleaner, they are geared towards providing a flavorful smoking-like experience without the stench, BUT they haven't been around long enough to understand the real long-term effects. Maybe they are just as bad as cigarettes?  Makers of e-cigarettes aren't allowed to make health claims-- the government and medical associations aren't about to repeat the mistakes of the 40s-50s when doctors were advertising tobacco cigarettes as good for you.

So what to do? There are some other facts that are less sad, even happy.

4) People who have been long time smokers and who have a good experience with them stick with them, and they seem to feel a lot better for it.  So they seem to indicate that e-cigarettes are at least better than pyro-cigarettes.
    5) Many people who get the ones that act like cigarettes have a hit or miss experience. That's because different people need a different strength of nicotine.
    6) You can really only learn about them on the internet from people who have experience with them.

Here is an opinion: This is a really good forum for e-cig information from real users:   <a href="">http://e-cigarette-forum.com </a>

The ones that look like cigarettes are limited in the size of the battery. If they are the wrong strength, it's like etraxx says: you wear them out before you feel like you got enough.

A model that is good will accept empty cartridges that you can fill with juice containing just the strength of nicotine you want.  They have a button you push to generate the vapor, as opposed to being breath activated like the ones that are intended to mimic cigarettes. So they are less cigarette-like, might get some odd looks, but they are great to use.  The eGO 510 is good, you can get a kit for around $30 that has all you need.

17. I tried to get into them when I was a heavy smoker but they were crap. Felt absolutely nothing like a cigg, and tasted nothing like one too. Also they aren't like real ciggs where you know you're done because there is no more cigarette. I once somehow went through a disposable one in a single night. Didn't even get a nicotine buzz. 

18. I'm using the Njoy bold disposable. Its the best so far... just waiting to see how long it lasts. I have vaped nic juice with big mods and got really into it, until my husband brought weed into the mix! Thats mostly what I smoke now haha!
    Plus vaping like that was getting expensive... I was having trouble finding tanks that wouldn't burn up or leak... and I developed vapers tounge. Meaning I had all these great flavors and couldnt taste any!! Hope this helps!!