The DUI Club

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Gregsta, Aug 8, 2012.

1. #81 mildrewmolerat, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
    I got pulled over and I was high as fuck, had buddies in the car with open booze, searched my car and found all my weed and my bong and shit. Didn't get arrested or charged for that matter. All they did was towed the car and impounded it for 24 hours and suspended my license for 24 hours. Only charge I ended up getting was a 57$ headlight ticket. Gotta love Canada and it's lenient ass weed laws

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Over 2 years ago i got a dwi.

Hit a damn parked car. The worst part is i didnt hit the car from drinking... I had just moved to the area and didnt know my way back home and had been at a club with some co-workers... So i was using the gps on my phone (this was before the iphone maps app was updated and you had to tap the arrows at every turn) so im on these super narrow roads in the downtown area, look at my phone for like 2 seconds to see my turn and tap the arrow, next thing i know BOOM hit a car.

Got a dwi (though i passed the field test they took me in and breathalyzed me in jail), destruction of property, and fleeing the scene of an accident/hit and run because i was trying to move my car out of the way from blocking traffic, and the police just happen to pull up when im moving my car.

Still feeling the effects of it too. Had a shitty lawyer who did nothing but waste $3k of my money and also got me in more trouble because i was told he would take care of another ticket i'd gotten but he never did so i got a failure to appear to court charge as well.

Didnt get convicted of it until last year, and was supposed to get my license back next month... Buuuuut i had to drive to work, and eventually got caught driving without a license, which i got convicted of yesterday, so now i have another year without a license.

If you include the fact i had to buy a new car (which got repo'd cause i couldnt get to work and my hours were being cut like crazy and was paying about $600/mo for it to sit in my driveway), this DWI has cost me nearly (if not more) $20k

Really cost more than that cause my progress for my photo business i was trying to start came almost to a dead stop when i lost my license, and i had so much going for me.

Sad thing is.. I learned my lesson as soon as my car hit the other car. If i'd never been caught or went to court, it still would've never happened again.

3. Lol my drunk ass stumbled into this thread. Coincidence?

4. I live in Texas my first DUI was 9 years ago I admit I deserve that.. DUI but I got pulled over 2 years ago after having back surgery was sober have not taken any of my medications but was unsteady on my feet because of the pain got arrested put in jail posted bond and was awaiting trial while I was out on bond they made me put a breathalyzer on my vehicle and then also a drugpatch that stayed on 24 /7 and had to be exchanged every nine days I got pulled over again did my breathalyzer was. 00 had the drug past tested 0 for any type of narcotic or mind altering substancealso everything - was still convicted of both DUI's they tried to give me 10 years in the penitentiary by the grace of God I got a good lawyer and I'm about done with my 2 years on probation in Octoberto fire one up
    I live in Texas my first DUI was 9 years ago I admit I deserve that.. DUI but I got pulled over 2 years ago after having back surgery was sober have not taken any of my medications but was unsteady on my feet because of the pain got arrested put in jail posted bond and was awaiting trial while I was out on bond they made me put a breathalyzer on my vehicle and then also a drugpatch that stayed on 24 /7 and had to be exchanged every nine days I got pulled over again did my breathalyzer was. 00 had the drug past tested 0 for any type of narcotic or mind altering substancealso everything - was still convicted of both DUI's they tried to give me 10 years in the penitentiary by the grace of God I got a good lawyer and I'm about done with my 2 years on probation in Octoberto fire one up

5. I drove on an 1/8th of shrooms that was pretty weird I didn't get a DUI for that I did get 1 it sucks

got pulled over with a sheet of paper, by a local cop. just finished peaking... or so i thought. couldn't read my insurance card (to make sure it was the valid one) or remember where i was coming from or going to, at first. i thought my life was over, but the cop told me to drive safely home (i lived 1/4 mile away).

a couple of months later i got pulled over by a state trooper with an open beer between my legs. got a written warning for the open container and the expired inspection sticker. i think it helped that i had just bought a six pack and it was obvious i had just opened the first beer. don't think i had even drank the neck of the bottle, just a couple of sips after changing a flat tire.

7. #87 RPMtm, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    If you get drunk and drive .

8. #88 thatstonerchris, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    lol

9. Ok I guess im part of the dui club. Man has it been tough I lost my license for two years. I needed the interlock device for one year. I been workin on and off. I been broke all the time. I cant have a life because of the dui. Man was I dumb. Alohol really makes u feel like superman. U loose control of yourself. U end up doing stupid shit that can cost u your life. Or somebody elses life. It can ruin u for years to come. Man do I regret it. What the hell was I thinkin. I guess I got what I deserve drinkin and driving is by far one of the worst things someone can pissibly do. If your drunk, it just does not make sense. Man is best just not to drink that alcohol is just no good.

10. Got one in december 3 days after my 21st birthday. Not proud of it, and never wanna have to go through this bullshit again. It really is not worth it. Best case scenario you get a dui, worst case you kill yourself or an innocent bystander.

Im lucky I live in oregon and it was my first offense. I only lost my liscense for 3 months due to going through a diversion course.

Still sucks though, im broke. My breathalizer breaks all the time and costs 80 a month. Im in diversion so no weed for me. And I now am looked down on with any job aplication. Hell I cant even move until diversion is over.

Moral of the story, dont drink and drive. I wound up with the best case scenario and it still sucks. I couldnt live knowing I killed someone, so im thankful that didnt happen.

On a lighter note. Im smoking a fatty december 23rd when im done with the court. It will have been almost a year exactly since my dui and ill be finished with everything.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I'm lucky I didn't kill anyone when I was 18.  Tried running when I had my fastest RX7, word to the wise, don't run from cops in a construction zone, you might just come up on 5" lips at 110.  Wish my DUI was on camera, it would definitely be on wildest chases or cops or something.

I don't think anyone is proud of what they've done.  Go smoke one and chill bro

13. Thats for damn sure. I regret it almost every day of my life.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

^^^First voice of common sense.
    .08 is a catch-all so that anyone with any alcohol in them will be ensnared in the system.
    There are people who cant drink a tall boy without getting drunk, I'll knock back 2 or 3 before I even have a buzz. I'm sure I'd be well over the "legal" limit, but can still walk a straight line, not slur, and drive fine.
    ............Was about to give advice until I saw the date :laughing:
    How'd that all work out then?? lol

Theres DWI adverts all over PA with a cop administering a breathalyzer with the phrase
    "You just blew $10,000" [​IMG]

Im sorry but the entire DWI system is BULLSHIT designed to rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars disguised as a "Public Safety".
    Its little more than "legal" extortion.
    If it was actually about safety:
    1: There would be no breathalyzer to determine roadside sobriety. (If they, professionals trained to spot drunks, cant tell if you're drunk, you're probably fine to drive)
    2: If you failed a roadside check, they simply drove you home (Why fine someone where there is no injured party? Convicting people of potential crimes is a slippery slope. Is every poor person an automatic thief, predisposed to theft due to their situation?)
    3: You were only convicted of an actual crime where there is an actual injured party. (If you crash and cause damage, either to property or person, you should be held to the harshest and strictest of laws. Id say a nickle in the pen would be a good place to start)

Should you drive drunk? Of course not.
    Should you have to pay thousands of dollars because you had a few beers and your tail light was out? Of course not.

15. Got 1 cause I was on pills and totaled the truck I was driving. Didn't hurt anyone but myself thank goodness.

16. IDK if this counts as a DUI but my ins. company says it's listed as "RISK FOR DUI"

Got pulled over for speeding, searched car "probable cause" found empty crushed up old beer can in the back seat under the passenger seat, cited me for it had to take a D&A test and whatnot, Now it follows me wherever I go, raising my insurance. Doesn't fall off my record either, so lame..

17. #98 AS420, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
    I almost got one. The whole thing was fucking stupid.

Dumbass lady pig thought I was on drugs after she pulled me over for my license plate light being out.

Was arrested, hired and attorney which was a fucking waste of $1000. The DA completely rejected the case.

What a joke.

18. Over half a century old and not one dui.

Miracles do happen. Plus, I don't drive drunk.

dilligaf

19. You had no conviction that followed the use of an inexpensive attorney...seems like money well spent. Chances are good that motions filed BY your attorney contributed to the DA's decision not to move forward...

And yes, counsel here get substantially more than that even on the Class B misdemeanor variety (DWI 1st).