The DUI Club

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Gregsta, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Despite the years of driving drunk, I never got a DUI. Though I do have hardware in my spine, arm, ankle, and femur now, and no spleen, one kidney, and a few nasty scars, due to drinking and driving. That got the message across pretty well.

I almost got a DUI a few weeks before my sixteenth birthday, to this day I have no idea how I got out of it. My friend and I had left a party, and the girl who threw the party had a bunch of glow sticks that she gave to everyone, so I had a few around my wrists. Two miles from home, and I see the blue lights.

Well, what are you supposed to do when you get pulled over? Stick your hands out the window to show you don't have a weapon. So I did, with the glow sticks still around my wrists. The cop asked the dreaded question, I told him yes so he told me to step out. He did a field sobriety test (which I did pretty well at actually, I think fear sobered me up :p), but no breathalyzer. He thought we were on E because of the glow sticks, and searched the car. No drugs on us, just a two liter bottle half full of shine, which he failed to identify as such. After that, he sent us away. I literally have no clue how I got away with driving drunk, underage without a full license, but fuck was I thankful for it.

imo I don't think there should be any mandatory maximum for first timers, there needs to be some "one time get of jail free card". That said DUI and killing / injuring someone from negligence is it's own crime. 

Second and up should be very very strict as far as length of time without license if just caught by happenstance, and include jail time if caught cause some shit like dangerous driving / hurting someone ect. As much as no license can fuck with employment, going to jail cause of happenstance seems like the punishment doing more harm then the crime.

In other words very much case by case.

3. #63 Johnny Blazed, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    wow thats fuckin weird lol after 4 or 5 DUI's you should never be allowed to drive again imo your obviously too fuckin dumb to be behind the wheel

4. i knew a guy who had a breathalizer in his car he would have to breathe into before starting the car. but it was a '70 Olds Cutlass,and i couldnt help but wonder how it worked what with the cars utter lack of a computerized engine/fuel system. but what if you owned a pre 1960's car with a six volt electrical system? would they be able to put in a breather in an antique car? 

5. Who knows but a lot of cars with breathalyzers come into my work way more then there should be. Drunk driving is just plain reckless I know plenty of guys who get wasted on the daily and drive and nothing ever happens.... Till one day...
    Personally I know someone who has spent most of his adult life 15 years in prison for drunk driving. He harmlessly enough stopped at the holiday inn to have a drink with some co workers and on his way home killed a family of 3. Did he mean to no. Was he wasted? No. He was just not in the right state being behind the wheel all it took was a minor over correction and it was out of his hands.
    Just keep in mind when you do have a couple and drive. It is rarely ever the drunk driver that pays the price with their life. It's the innocent victim that they put in danger.
    The prison time isn't always the worst part. It could be living knowing that a little boy or girls life was taken because you had to have a few and drive. All you had to do was call a cab a friend he'll call a tow truck and they will take you and your car home safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. When i got my DWI i wasnt even driving. I was at my buddys getting shit faced and his wife came home. They started fighting so they wanted me to leave.
    Its about 11pm, im totally fuckered up, and im out in the middle of no where with nothing but corn fields around me. Im in the middle of the country, all gravel roads and about 40 miles from home. I drive about .5 miles down the gravel road, realize im to fucked to continue on so i park. Never even saw another car. Anyway, i decide to sleep it off but its freezing so i leave the car running for the heat. I get woken up two hours later by a sherrif. Next thing you know, im fucked. Oh well

7. Not proud to say but I am a member of the DUI club. Although I have driven drunk before and it is something I would care to forget about, the one time I actually get a DUI I wasn't even under the influence of a any substance whatsoever. I live in the wonderful backwards ass state of Utah and I was a dumbass and told the cop that I had smoked the night before... Therefore incriminating me under the DUI Per Se law where you can be charged with a DUI regardless of whether you actually are intoxicated but because you possess the remnants of an illegal chemical in your body. I got charged with: Speeding(stupid I know), Paraphernalia, Possession, and a Metabolite DUI. All of which in fines alone are going to cost around $1500, at least 100 Community service hours, and probably a drug and alcohol class.
    I was absolutely the most polite I could have been to the officer(s). I was in no way a "Dick" to them and was very cooperative. And to top it all off this was my very first offense..and they decided to throw the fucking book at me and swing their long dicks of the law right.in my face.

Sent with good vibes

8.  I was once caught driving stoned. Got my car towed and my licences suspended for 24hrs. Had like a gram and a pipe. I guess yay for canada? first timer...

9. Well 1st here if Florida 2 yrs no license 50 hrs of community serves drug class and 1 yr mim probation... Any drug charge automatically 2 yrs lose of license and you don't have to be driving...

10. Well 1st here if Florida 2 yrs no license 50 hrs of community serves drug class and 1 yr mim probation... Any drug charge automatically 2 yrs lose of license and you don't have to be driving...

11. I got one DUI in Maryland for driving under the influence of I can't say but I was slammed on the pavement and the ripped part of my shirt I spent time in jail and was forced to go to meetings with my license suspended. Like how the fuck am I supposed to go to meetings with no car? But that's my problem and I'm up to the task. That's what I get for blowing .09 just gotta lol

I moved back to Texas and I'm back at square one. Check mate laws of society you shaft me once and put me down for the count.

To the sick individuals who find joy in my pain I wish the same to you and I practice voodoo in Texarkana so don't even think about it....
    Don't you even dare literally think about it

12. Yep, got one when I was underage. Stupid fuckin' law.

13. never had one....  but I've driven "drunk" (buzzed) pretty often before.  not lately tho.

honestly, the legal limit needs to be a lot higher than .08.   .08 isn't shit.  that doesn't effect most people at all.  honestly it should be on more of a case by case basis, but you know that will never happen.

And I bet half the people who talk about how terrible it is to have just "one beer" and drive probably text and drive, eat and drive etc all the time.  that's just as dangergous/if not more so.

14. I got an open container once, friend riding got minor in possession. I'd had about 6 of those little lime a ritas things over a 3 hour span riding to the house. I was driving fine, barely buzzed. I passed the sobriety tests no problem, only reason I was caught was because he saw me stuffing the can when he whipped it around. I was pulled over for going 64 in a 60 on a long straight ass highway by a state trooper coming in oncoming traffic. Like 90% of traffic will run 70+ on that road, really should be a 70 mph road though.

I payed $250 and pleaded no contest with request for deferral. Ticket was gone by 3 months with a clean record. I could have gotten fucked though because my buddy was only 20 and I would have been thrown in jail for providing to a minor but the PD didn't press that. Now my friend though, got fucked up the ass; like $1300 in fines, community service, alcohol awareness classes, and writing an essay.

I will still drink and drive some like on a back-road goin fishing or shit like that but never to the point of being dangerous. I ain't ever got behind the wheel of a car fucked up and will never do so.

15. If they even make it to the 4th time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

not because you were drunk?

Touche.

I was pulled over because of my tail light. Dui because I was drunk.

18. Unfortunately I'm in the dwi club :( got a wet wreckless then got a dwi charge A & B for blowing a too high on the breathalyzer. Wacksauce son!

19. Me and my friends want to go see the Hobbit: an unexpected journey on dec 31st, 2012( New Year's Eve). We were already smoking at my house and then decided to go. I drove high endless amount of times so I thought nothing of it. My friend's also decided to do bong rips while we went to te movies. We got lost going there( since it was the move theater I don't usually go to) so I asked my friends to check my phone the gps and no one did that for me so I had too... What do you know? I check my phone for two seconds, swerve and there's a cop behind me that pulled me over. Shit sucks.