The dude in the UHaul

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BongManManMan, Aug 3, 2012.

1. So I'm chillin smoking a cig while working the drive thru at the gas station today when I here a boom. I look towards the gas pump and this guy driving a UHaul ran into one of metal post on either end of the pump. I started laughing as I enjoy watching dumbass people here while I work. So he backs up and hits it again, pulls foward and guess what he hits it again. Lol so he's stuck on this post and he hit it a good 6 or 7 times before my boss goes out and helps him.

So after he get unstuck he goes inside and pays for 5 dollars of gas and proceeds to pump $75 worth. Now this guy looks to be the crack head type so my boss runs out and confronts him. Then the guy blames us for not stopping the pumps. My boss is very chill and if your cool he will always work things out with you. Well the dude driving the UHaul gets all pissy and starts talking shit to my boss. So my boss calls the cops and tells him if he wants to an asshole he will just press theft charges. It takes the cops a good 45min to respond. The cops show up and I don't know what all was said but the guy ended up paying for the gas. Boy was he pissed off.

This was all took probably 3 hours. And that was probably 3 hours ago. Well he is still here lol. He has lost the keys to the truck and has been going threw everything to find them even our dumpster Hahaha.

Sorry uhual guy today is not your day.

2. Don't tweak and drive.

3. The pumps allow you to continue to get gas you didn't pay for?? It's incredibly hard to stop right on the 5 dollar mark

4. [quote name='"M10TCH"']The pumps allow you to continue to get gas you didn't pay for?? It's incredibly hard to stop right on the 5 dollar mark[/quote]

I didn't add that part in there.

But he prepaid. Then dicked around in the store to long and his pump timed out. And being the nice trusting caring guy my boss is he activated the pump for him. Once you go threw that process the automatic stopper thingy no longer works.

5. [quote name='"M10TCH"']The pumps allow you to continue to get gas you didn't pay for?? It's incredibly hard to stop right on the 5 dollar mark[/quote]

Ya man but you should be able to at least keep it within 50 bucks or so

6. Once U-Haul finds out how bad he messed up their truck, he's screwed.

7. Yeah looks like bud's out of a job as well, not just his head.

8. That's fucked up, screwed the man out of $70

9. this.

10. [quote name='"MikeyN"']That's fucked up, screwed the man out of $70[/quote]

You know its not everywhere that has the fancy stoppers on the pumps ? Regardless if your pumping 5 dollars worth of gas, which is no where near 2 gallons, maybe if its still going at like 20 gallons you should just stop ahead of time.

11. He doesn't work for U-HAUL lol he was renting one of their trucks

12. You break it you buy it. And he bought it.

13. karma will get ya

14. Vaguely reminds me of this time my uncle took a U-Haul to a gas station. He hit a pole and tore the fuck out of the side of the truck. Like really fucked it up haha.

When it came time to return it he was nervous so I went with him. We get there and the U-Haul people are just like "what the fuck?" So they ask for his insurance information and he's like "I don't have insurance" which surprised them, so they were like "okay.. can we see your license?". He then told them that he didn't have a drivers license.

They didn't know what the fuck to do haha. He had all the proper paperwork for renting the vehicle... it's just that the company rented it to him when he didn't have a license. After a while they said fuck it. We drove away without him every having to pay a dime for wrecking their shit because they did a shit job managing their business. I guess they realized they fucked up bad enough that they couldn't do much. I'm also guessing somebody somewhere lost their job over that

15. Be careful, eventually dude is gonna whip out a grill and start bbqin, tweakers are apt to do that kinda shit man hahaha

16. I like how you called this other guy a dumbass but in the first sentence of your post you talk about smoking a cigarette at a gas station

17. [quote name='"thewarden"']I like how you called this other guy a dumbass but in the first sentence of your post you talk about smoking a cigarette at a gas station[/quote]

Just don't be anywhere near the actual pumps or any openings leading to the gas, and you're more than fine!
    Plus, gasoline is harder to ignite than people give it credit. You can actually put out a small fire with gas! NOT that you should try that. AT ALL! Lol

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

18. I'm willing to bet that everyone who set a gas station on fire by smoking cigarettes thought the same thing...

I agree with everything you said and more likely than not nothing would happen, but in the event the gas does ignite some serious damage is going to be done

19. Lol I was smoking on the other end of the lot. It's a good 75 yards away.

And if you pay for $5 of gas you pump $5 of gas. It's really not that hard.

20. LOL the guy decided to fuck with unmentionables on moving day....what a winner.