The dry nutrients for coco coir for it

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by the123321, Feb 27, 2020.

1. I am new to growing. I am looking at the blumats watering system and I am wondering if there is a way to mix dry nutrients into your coco coir when you plant it and then only use water in the blumats to water it. Does anyone use coco coir with no liquid nutrients? The reason I want to use the blumats is I do not want to hand water a lot and deal with runoff. I figure if the blumats only do water then I can hand feed nutrients to it or mix it into the pot with the coco coir. If I need to use liquid nutrients for it can I hand water liquid nutrients once a week and use the blumats only with the water on there for it?

2. Maybe choose something like Pro-Mix then. Coco is made to be watered daily to significant runoff. Watering Coco - How to Water Cannabis Plants in Coco Coir - Coco For Cannabis

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. why wouldn't you just use soil then?

4. Thanks. It looks like the blumats would water the plants when it needs it. I do not want to use soil for it. I read that coco coir has less bug problems than soil and I want no bug problems for it.

5. Get a tray and a watering can. Put a catch bucket under tray and hand water then chuck the runoff. Most of my problem is removing the runoff from my saucers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks. I am looking at doing the dwc now. I do not want to hand water with run off and doing the perpetual harvest does not look easy with automatic watering on there for it.

7. True you could get 3 32x32 tents. Two setup with trays and irrigators for flower and one to veg up the clones. But you still need a spot for the mother plant.

8. Go check the link in my journal on the run off situation. May help you out a bit. It’s on the last page.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. #9 old shol4evr, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Does it inject the nutes like the poison in a lethal injection machine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. #11 old shol4evr, Feb 27, 2020
    delete

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. #12 old shol4evr, Feb 27, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  13. It would be easier to just mix it yourself then to learn machine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. #14 old shol4evr, Feb 28, 2020
    delete

15. Im gonna get one next month. My wife is goin from soil to coco so she can water mine once shes comfey mixing nutes. All ill have to do is buy nutes lol.

• Funny Funny x 1