The Drug War is Lost: Do You Agree?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Aug 4, 2010.

1. #1 oltex, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
  2. #2 Totah Sam, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    Nobody in the government is listening or cares. They're too busy playing, "who's in charge." The Republicans are blocking every bit of legislation that comes before them. They are concentrating on making Obama's administration fail. At the cost of the American people I might add. Blocking unemployment benefits? Really? Democrats are doing what they normally do. BEING PUSSIES.

Americans have made Marijuana legalization the number 1 topic for discussion in Change.org three times. It was ignored all three times. The one time Obama did address legalization was to dismiss it with a joke. Yeah, ha ha Mr. President. 28,000 people dead is a HUGE joke.

There have been polls, petitions, a plethora of op eds, documentaries, articles, recommendations from prestigious medical/legal associations, and Congressmen for legalization. Even leaders of other countries are advocating legalization. Is anybody in the Obama administration addressing the issue? Of course not.

Ya'll need to understand that legalization will never happen while Obama is in office. I love me some Obama but he has no intention of allowing this to happen during his administration.

3. This.

The federal government is not going to do anything until it's legalized in all 50 states anyway.

4. The war isn't over yet. There is no logical reason to start celebrating until we see the war is actually over.

But where do *we* stop? Do we stop once marijuana is legalized? Or do we keep on going until even meth is legalized?

Are us Blades fighting the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Marijuana"?

5. While I only use and actively support legalization of marijuana,I also realize that prohibition is prohibition and the problems created by it are universal as the laws of supply and demand are universal.
    You cannot legislate morality,only teach it. A moralistic law is a hole to throw money in and why do we have to prove the same thing over and over,prohibition puts control of the market in criminal hands.

6. i personally feel they ALL should be legal. NO ONE has the right to tell me what i can and can't put into my body. if my safety really was a concern then why don't they outlaw cheeseburgers, or nail guns? they (when abused) can kill you too, so anyone who uses the rationale that drugs are dangerous is fucking dumb.

7. Drugs that alter dopamine levels are actually somewhat dangerous.

8. ANY drug can be dangerous if abused. even non drugs can be, which is my point. hell aspirin can cause liver damage but it's still given to kids by the millions....i'm just saying if one is legal they ALL should be. prohibition should never be used in place of education!

9. A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.-Thomas Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

10. #10 Totah Sam, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    Yes, but marijuana has nothing to do with your dopamine levels. Alcohol is perfectly legal and it actually DOES alter your dopamine levels.

Marijuana and the brain.

11. As long as we have Mary Jane legalized everywhere (hopefully soon), then I don't see why people could ask for more. Who cares what the Meth addicts say, we know Meth is bad, and we know Mary Jane is good. Enough said.

12. hmm we make marijuana legal some mexican kids probably going to starve

13. I care because they are all sentient human beings with hopes, dreams, desires and needs just like you. Prohibition of their drug of choice is as abominable as the prohibition of yours. If what they want isn't important, then neither is what you want.

14. what?

if cannabis is legalized then cartels/criminal org will lose more than half of their income instantly.

all drugs should be legalized. dangerous or not.
    prohibition gives the drug business to criminal organizations.

the goverment should educate about drug use, not impose.

legalizing cannabis is the first step.

15. #15 Knoxer, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
    Ahhh Good ol' Cenk! Telling it how it is! :D

It's a pretty well known fact this "war on drugs" is a complete failure and needs to just die. The reason it hasn't is because the leaders of this country know once that happens hemp and marijuana will be legalized in a short time after.

It's going to come down to us, the people to make this happen! We cannot wait for the higher ups to do something because they won't! It's annoying that many of us want legalization, but aren't doing anything to contribute! Go out and spread information, donate to NORML and other pro cannabis organizations. Get attention to the issue. The government can lie and stay silent for so long. Once we get enough people asking questions and get them into a corner can we start seeing real change!

But the point is that we are still telling people what they can and can't put into their bodies. Yes while meth is very harmful and would never want a friend or family member to use it. We can counter it by using education instead of stupid lying propaganda TV ads. I'm for the legalization of all drugs. Because even if someone does decide to use something like Cocaine or meth I'd rather have them get something that was put through test that have safety standards rather than joe blow off the corner that might of cut the drug wrong.

16. The War on Drugs was lost before it even began, this isn't headline news man.

17. Hell no. Just because something applies to marijuana does not necessarily mean it applies to everything else. Marijuana's prohibition is ludicrous because of the fact that it's not addictive, has never killed anyone, has various medical uses etc.

Those things cannot be said about coke, meth, pcp, crack etc.

Only about 1.6 of young adults in the U.S. have used Meth, an illegal drug.

Approximately 30% of young adults in the U.S. use tobacco, a legal drug.

If meth was legal you think that statistic would decrease? You think no young adults would try it at all? (The questions are rhetorical by the way)

18. Would some try it just because it would be legal? Of course! Would we see a skyrocketing statistic showing that we have thousands of new meth addicts? No. The government does not have the right to tell an adult what he can and cannot legally put into his body. Is it stupid to use meth? Yes. But with proper education, and people knowing just how exactly its made will turn almost anyone off.

Cocaine was used as a medicine before it was illegal and was put into coke ac cola for headache uses. Let people decide for themselves whats right and wrong for them with the proper knowledge of the drug.

19. No,this is not headline news,but that it came out on MSNBC IS headline news.:hello:

20. As far as marijuana it was just one-sided because people who smoke just want to enjoy there medication or use for recreation.