The Dream

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ElRanchoDeluxe, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Lebowski Beatles bd126d16f9d289a052a54f257643c73a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. So, Rancho...Are you planning to do any 'companion plants' to help keep certain bugs away...You know,like chives,dill weed, and all those old home-remedy sorts of things ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. your "other room" is bigger then my appartment:lmafoe:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds pretty nice for the price, I'm sure it would make a good base for a worm bin.
    I won't be planting any sorta cover crop or anything else in the beds. I would like to build a shelf or two and plant some things to help keep beneficial insects happy. Another thing I need to read up on. I plan on building an insect hotel too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Don't turn into the bug man like seaf0ur. I hear that guy walks around with ladybugs in his beard.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tough time on the ranch. Hit 117f for 4-6 hrs yesterday. Breaker blew that cooled the AC condensers. Rookie growing 101- check your amps. Could have been avoided if I put the dtu in the room since it has an emergency shutoff. Growing pains. At least I'll let you guys in on the good the bad and the ugly. Had a few branches praying for me today. Maybe there is hope yet. IMG_20171026_194237375.jpg IMG_20171026_194252587.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Holy shit! That sucks RD. They look a little crispy in spots, but they should pull through with that root mass. Who knows what that stress will do, it may reward you elsewhere.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. First run blues! Pistils went orange on me. Plenty of aloe was sprayed yesterday. More today along with some SST. Luckily, I only have to look at them for another month and the other room is in veg.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Trying to stay positive here. Looks like I may have myself a hash run. I'm going to build a diy 20 ton rosin press. I don't know much about them other than 8hrs of YouTube videos. Or smoking it.
    Rosin and CO2 extraction are the only concentrates I could produce w peace of mind.
    Gonna have to get the worms rocking too. Should be in the teens here the next couple nights.

• Like Like x 5
  10. What a PITA. Sorry dude.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks Jerry. It happens. Got my circuit breakers figured out now!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Good - so I guess take it as a lesson. Still too bad - but do you think the crop will perk back up - or? Good luck with this!

J

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think the room that was still vegging will be ok after a couple weeks. Already beginning to pick up a lil.

The flowering room is not going to be what it could have been. It's crazy to see half dead, burnt up leaves praying! Time will tell, ordering rosin press parts today.

• Like Like x 4
  14. #134 BluntmanSourDiesel, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Sorry to hear that man.

15. No worries man. I typically learn things the hard way. I've got the problem fixed and I'm looking forward to the next run. I've never setup a grow larger than 7200w and I'm focusing on all the things I did right.
    The goal is to open a storefront asap. This would be difficult to do without concentrates on the menu. Not exactly my cup of tea. Immersing myself in learning how to make rosin. Also got my chickens and worms setup for winter. I'll share some pics of what's going on with that soon.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  16. Look into the elysium research press design if you're headed that route. Just need to set up the heating platens and plates so that they can be laid on the side (search driptech on IG).

Sorry to hear about the heat, never fun getting full swing into a big project just to come into issues mid way.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tough luck bro. You'll be right back at it. Be on look out for mold. When plants get that dry the outside vapor pressure becomes greater. I mean it's a very small chance but worth an eyeball or 2.

18. $6k for a press? wow! i mean it looks really awesome but does it really cost so much to produce?

19. Thanks man. After looking at that design I'm going to order a Baleigh 10 ton press. Originally was going to grab a 20 ton. I figure the 10 ton will be easier to setup the plates sideways, if I can pull it off. Certainly makes sense to get the rosin off the platens quickly.

First runs are tough, especially on this scale. I honestly expected to run into more issues than I did. A small oversight cost me big-time. Overall I am incredibly happy with the environment I've created for them. At least now that my exhaust fans are staying on!!!
    Mold was immediately on my mind. Getting everything prepped for harvest tomorrow. I've got lils to throw down asap. About 90% of this was built by myself and it only took 6 months up to now! I will be rocking this thing out in no time.
    RD

• Like Like x 3
  20. I know. That's the only reason I haven't bitten yet myself....too steep of a tag for the materials imo. On top of that you need a secondary press to "prepress" the hash or flowers you'd be running.

You could make one for ~$500 that would likely be comparable, though it would be a bit tricky to make one usable on it's side.