The Draft!

Discussion in 'General' started by SugarcroN, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Well if they do reinstate the draft I hope it doesnt happen for another couple years. That will give me enough to time move to Canada, and apply for citizenship. Once I'm a citizen, they can't do shit. Then, I'll move to wyoming for a bit so i can go to school.

2. hrm... you seem to have a point...

3. Our government is so fucked up. To them, being born in this country and living here and paying taxes, etc. is grounds for them to force us to fight for them. Bullshit.

4. my mom said something like "if youre not willing to fight for your country, maybe you should move to another country.. one with communists"

well bitch, im welcome in canada :D

sure, I'll fight if we're in danger or threatened with something really wrong. but im not gonna get killed because some dumbass texan prick wants oil.

Endat

5. is that what you said to you mom? assuming she won't disown you over it you should

6. dude, my friends went to Victoria. He said you could get like 4 grams of nice ass chronic right off someone on the dtreet for like 14 USD and they brought down like an O of it and its so nice.

7. honestly, even though that is too much, 800 isnt that much if you look at the size of our country. i really dont think they would have to reinstate the draft over that many people. If they waited a year, i bet you they could make up a lot of that from just people turning 18 and signing up. Theres a lot of peole who want to be in the army.

i hope youre right

8. Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news..but, these are real bills. Amazingly, they are just sitting in HR/Senate waiting to be approved.

The proof is here: http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:H.R.163:

Somewhat suspicious, isn't it? Seems like they introduced these bills on January 7th, 2003, but they haven't been denied or approved as of yet.
    the senate side of the bill shows something similar.
    It's like they're just waiting to push the bill through so they can use the draft...

This is just creepy.

I wish somebody would drag this out into the media asap...

Edit- and it seems like they took down that congress.org article; if you check the link, it's no longer available...

9. I'm surprised nobody is making more noise about this sickening shit. The draft would cause a lot of chaos in this country...

And since canada is no longer an option, you'd either have to go into hiding here, fight against the government, or go pretty far away...and then, you couldn't come back without getting arrested for draft-running...

21,430 people getting placed into draft board and appeals board positions?

The pentagon has already made a statement saying that all of these positions opening up was "bad timing", and that it doesn't mean there's going to be a draft... but do we really trust this government enough to assume that's the truth?

I don't know if having Kerry as president would help much, either, because he has already said something about bringing more troops in temporarily...

10. You could always goto mexico, cheap prescription pills to anyone! I hear Tijuana is nice this time of year :D

11. i really dont want to die. die for my country, maybe. die for bush, hell fucking no.

12. Yea but why would you want to kill people. Those people have lives and familys are people who care about them. Dying sucks.

13. If i hear abotu this bill trying to be passed on tv..ill see you guys in canada, cuz i will run so fucking fast. But i really dont think Bush would bring back the draft, i honestly think there woudl be alot of chaos from the ppl here in the US. Cuz i sure know id be one of them startin sum

14. Canada isn't an option with the, "smart border declaration".

A lot of people would get the hell off of this landmass...

..but only if others didn't decide to stand and fight for their freedom.

15. Great job, Krazi!!!! We can always depend on you to clear a path through the bullshit! :D

16. lol; now I'm quoting myself.

I'm quite adamantly against the draft.

I don't feel that there's any reason they would draft at this time, but those bills would allow them to do it at the presidents discretion. The president would also be able to initiate the draft.

"(a) IN GENERAL- The President shall prescribe such regulations as are necessary to carry out this Act."

Plus, the President would be able to make the mandatory service time extend beyond two years...at his discretion...with certain limitations.

"SEC. 3. TWO-YEAR PERIOD OF NATIONAL SERVICE.

(a) GENERAL RULE- Except as otherwise provided in this section, the period of national service performed by a person under this Act shall be two years.

(b) GROUNDS FOR EXTENSION- At the discretion of the President, the period of military service for a member of the uniformed services under this Act may be extended--

(1) with the consent of the member, for the purpose of furnishing hospitalization, medical, or surgical care for injury or illness incurred in line of duty; or

(2) for the purpose of requiring the member to compensate for any time lost to training for any cause."

Edit-If you folks want, I can just paste the entire bill over.

17. Okay, it's not that I'm even worried about myself diein'. They can lock me in prision, they can KILL me, but they can't MAKE me kill another human being! I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE!

*whooo*

*trys to refrain from yelling*

When will we stop seeing each other as Iraqi's and Americans, or Afghani's and Americans? WE'RE PEOPLE! WE'RE ALL PEOPLE.... killing other people. :(

18. come to Canada anyways. just don't tell anybody. They can't send you to war if they can't find you.

19. I am ineligable for the draft because of diabetes. Also, when my doctor was talking to me about treating my A.D.D. with medicine that if he would prescribe it to me, it would go down on my med records and I wouldnt be able to join the military. Shucks.