Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The downside of dispensary purchasing (What am I smoking?)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Medicated_Mike, Mar 15, 2016.

1. I actually did use the search feature so I apologize if there's an ongoing topic on this.

Aight, so I'm sure SOME of you have nitpicks with dispensary bud (price aside) even though they offer quality strains.. Where as I'm sure likely a majority of smokers defend dispensaries with their blood lol.

Here's my current thing. Right now I just snagged an ounce of Mr. Nice Guy. (Remember Half Baked) and I was stoked. Did me some research. Doesn't exist. No reviews because it's an in shop hybrid. It's a good bud. Crazy skunky, awful for anxiety but here it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I wont use a dispensary. I'd rather use a caregiver. Better prices, and the $$ spent locally, instead of some big corporation

dilligaf

• Like Like x 3
  3. Agreed, it's mostly quick cure crap. although I have had a few good experiences back when I lived in Southern Cali.

4. Mr. Nice is a strain..g13×hashplant..looks ok, but not that great for a dispensary

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. First, not sure why you think that doesn't exist, OP. Aside from sitting in your jar, you can google and find it. Also, there is no official standard database of strains, and growers make new things all the time. That grower may have created or recreated the strain themselves. I kind of do get what you're saying, but I wonder what your baseline is for being a 'real' strain or not.

Personally, I like dispensaries. Here in the NW, they're regulated so the weed has been lab tested, there are hundreds of growers and many, many, rec dispensaries to choose from. Pricing varies and between deals, even with tax you can get some nice pick ups. Yesterday, I bought a half O of Cherry Kush, 25% THC, for $50 and a henry of Durban Poison, 24% THC, for $20. Prices include tax. If I lived somewhere where the regulation wasn't there and I was still essentially buying mystery weed, I think I'd be less happy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I wouldn't call 99% of dispensaries a big corporation. What do you call a big corporation? Anyone who owns a business

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah, I'd just rather help the "little" guy. I love the strains, I know him well, and the dispensaries here "Maine" are too pricey for me.

The dispensaries are owned by one company up here from what I understand. That's kinda what I meant by big business I guess.

eace:

dilligaf

8. Personally i don't like dispensaries because of the taxes they include reather get from a dealer tax not included

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ya, you really need to look around and find a home base as far as dispensaries go. Out here in Vegas, a lot of the bud is getting super dried out. They are trying to say it has something to do with a requirement for getting labs to certifie it. Something to do with all the ganja needing to have the same moisture content. I haven't been buying ganja from that place lately. Just the wax because that is still fucking bomb for a great price.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thats awesome to be honest with u amendment 2 in Florida is coming. And it's just another way for the government to upscale taxes when buying it.

11. Nice guy is absolutely a real strain

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. In reality, man, that's really not that big a problem to have. If I had my druthers, yeah, every place would know exacts about each strain they serve, but we're not quite there yet. Like a lot of other people said, Mr. Nice Guy is G13xHashplant, and it is a known strain, even if it's not the upper echelon of known ones. I've had that and a Purple variety of it as well around here several times. I would, however, question the veracity of it being an 'in-shop hybrid' because I highly doubt that one shop can lay claim to the ownership of that strain.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

14. It's unbelievable that people are complaining about dispensaries, when people like myself, in a bible belt state, would damn near kill for the opportunity. Even if you despise dispensaries, please be appreciative that you have the option to go to one.

• Like Like x 6
  15. So what's the difference in price between old dealer cost and dispensary price? I'm in an absolute non legal country and where I am dealers charge heavy, regardless of quality or availability. Reading what some pay at dispensaries in the U.S makes me wanna move...

16. Weather they pass it or not im still going to the dealer not somewhere were they can tax 25 percent for a 3.5

• Like Like x 1
  17. But before you start moving look at the state tax when purchasing marijuana

18. Eh, I would just be super happy if I lived in an area where I could go in a store and legally buy my cannabis and actually have a choice over what I get. I would definitely take that over paying $350 an O for random bud and no ability whatsoever to get concentrates.

• Like Like x 3
  19. In the NW where we have medical, rec, and black market, black market isn't any cheaper than going to a dispensary. It's actually often more expensive, and the weed you are buying is usually weed that is either surplus, or can't be sold in a dispensary for one reason or another. In Portland I can drive across the border to WA where they're a little ahead in the retail market and buy a 1/8 for $20-30 of a strain that's around 25% THC. That includes state tax. In Portland that same 1/8 of rec at a dispensary is going to be $40-50 with tax, and as medical $25-35 (no tax). A dealer is going to be about $35-50 and there will be n regulation so strain variety and THC content are all mysteries.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I would happily pay a state tax to not have to worry about getting arrested buying some marijuana. Not to mention even with that state tax I would be getting it for the same I do now or cheaper, because the black market where I am has me paying $350+ an O

• Like Like x 2