The Doors

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Shenanigans, Aug 19, 2004.

1. You know whats a good band to listen to while you're high?.. The Doors... like, the keyboards and everything can be really trippy... haha

Right on

2. yea that mad keyboard solo in light my fire

3. hell yeah, thats fuckin awsome... jim morrison is so awsome, dont get me wrong... but id have to say that keyboard player is probably the most talented member of the band..

4. Jim Morrison is great, he's got such an amazing voice, and the keyboard player is amazing. Having said that, i listened to 'this is the end' while high, and wanted to kill myself

5. For me the end isn't depressing. It's about the end of your life etc, yeah, but I dunno it's just, for me, a kind of reflection rather than a lament.

Anyways I remember when I first got here three years ago. I never really listened to the doors properly before then. There was a big thing about the best stoned music. This was when most people at the city were the hippie types- riders on the storm was said by a lot of people to be the best stoned music. I listened to it and was hooked.

RIDERS ON THE STORM IS EXCELLENT!!! LISTEN TO IT!.... please...

6. The Doors are a great band, love The Crystal Ship

7. actully i think its an organ Ray Manzarek is palying in some of the songs

8. If you like the keyboard in the doors songs then you must love Led Zeppelin. "No Quarter" has amazing keyboards, especially when live.

Check it out.

9. The Doors were pretty fucking good. Zeppelin too.

10. yea, the doors are awesome...

11. the best way to listen to The End is at the end of Apocolypse Now...thats trippy. Favorite doors song has to be Riders on the Storm

12. well damnit, those were the 2 points i was going to make... lol

13. the doors were quite the band indeed. i recently read jim morrisons biography, he was one strange charicter, very much into mescaline and acid, then became a real booze hound. morrisons poetry is awesome; vivid, and full of emotion, sex, and ideas of the 60's and 70's. My favorite doors albums would have to be their earlier stuff like something off of their self titled such as "twentieth century fox" or "5 to 1" on waiting for the sun. i also really like "ship of fools" and "peace frog" ray manzarek is an awesome key board and organ player, Robbie krieger is a very cool guitarist plays an awesome guitar too...Gibson SG

14. Cyrstal Ship has to be my favorite doors songs.

The Doors are freakin great, you guys should check out the jim morrison biography, I think it was co wrote with the keyboard player and some other dude, and its a great read too

15. The doors rock. Why can't we have bands like that today?

Zeppelin rocks too, my personal favourite. I love watching the old "song remains the same" video when I'm high. Its such a crappy movie, but its awesome as hell when you're stoned, when that wizard guy on top of the mountain waves his wizard stick around with all the coloured lights and shit, I think during the dazed and confused solo, its great.

16. i listen to riders on the storm at least 1-2 times a day

17. mr mojo risin = jim morrison ?? ohhhh never knew that. Man he must of been all fucked up when he though of that haha

18. the doors where great, the best of there songs was the end, it was so trippy and great.

19. its been from the song LA woman, i think.

20. ^^^^^^^
    yup...