Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the doors of perception

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jack235, Nov 11, 2006.

1. i am a strong believer that smoking pot is of great spiritual value. i began smoking a little over two years ago, and i can admit that it was one of the most amazing experiences i have ever had.
    without any warning or description of what the experience would be like, the doors of perception were flung open too me as i got completely high and since that day ( my first stoning ) i have seriously, more than i usually do, doubted the worlds definition of reality.
    either way, so naturally i began smoking more. by now, i wouldnt say i oversmoke or the tolerance has affected me, but the highs are simply not as great as they used to be. of course i dont expect a groundbreaking experience like the first time, and as everything gets moulded into a routine the speciality of it loses itself. but i just feel that on top of that, the stones have lost their mystical quality they used to hold.
    am i just being cranky? do i need a break, ( i smoke on average twice a week ), or is this just normal and cannot be helped?

maybe im talking shit, who knows, but i certainly feel lost. can anyone relate?

2. it's like everything else, once you do it for awhile it loses its edge. you'll probably never feel exactly the same again. you could take a break for a little while and things would be better, but you don't smoke too much anyway. hate to be the one that brings the bad news, but that's usually how it works for most people. try a break of a week or two and if that doesn't work then you'll know to stop expecting life altering experiences or whatever it is you're after.

in any case, enjoy whatever you get from it. :smoking:

3. No, I too think that my times getting high have been less significant and just not as good in general as they used to be. It's a little disapointing. I think it's because the novelty has kind of wore off. Before weed all I had tried was alcohol and that really isn't anything to write home about (in my opinion) and I too was absolutely amazed with getting high the first time. Maybe taking a little break would help? Or maybe only on the weekends? That's what I try to do; only on the weekends and every couple of weeks take a few weeks off.

4. Try getting high prior doing fun stuff, don't get high just for the sake of getting high (at least not all the time). For instance getting high before getting sex is a pretty damn amazing experience in my opinion :)

5. yeah i agree with a-jay, don't get high too just sit around and be high

do it before fun activities or to enhance whatever you're doing. don't expect for the high to take you on its ride

look into shrooms though, i could tell you'd be a happy user

6. Shrooming is extremely fun I shroomed last night and tripped hard for 4+ hours. My celling and walls were kaladiescoping. deffientley one of the most spiritual and emotional experiences i have had.

7. i've had some major revelations come to me when i was high, some cosmic shit that has changed me in a good way. idk if thats what you call spiritual, but it deffinitly can open your mind.