The 'don't do it, but they will' tactic

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Hawaiian Haze, May 5, 2011.

1. I was thinking about the "legal" status of marijuana the other day and came across a point in thought. If we as citizens are told not to use or interact with marijuana because it is illegal, why is it that we are given the oppertunity to use it?

What I'm trying to clarify is why is it that we are told not to do something that is presented to us? Doesn't the illegalisation of marijuana just present a scare in the mind's of people who do not use it?

I think there should be more publicity, otherwise govermental influence, that encourages the intergration of marijuana and citizen's lives. For example, people using marijuana should be treated as people in need rather than those in trouble. I really think we could see a whole different outlook on cannabis as a plant rather than a trapdoor.

Does anyone know what I mean by all of this?

2. governmental influence + marijuana = reefer madness

3. I agree, I see nothing wrong with smoking a joint and enjoying it as yourself.

4. Nope.

I gathered that we need to stop looking down on cannabis users but the points about the government and legality were lost on me.

5. #5 PajamaSam, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm suprised the 2nd post understood him

• Like Like x 1