The Docs TriStrain adventure: (White Widow, Bubblelicious and Amnesia) Waterfarmed and SCROGed

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DrCannaP, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Thanks and welcome brother ; -)

2. Just a quick update. Earlier this week I raised the PPM to 900 and the pH is balanced at 5.8.
    Today, the WW hit the screen so officially all the girls are getting trained now.

Attached Files:

3. #24 Iwannagethigh780, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015

Very nice I also have a gh ww in soil she didnnt like getting topped though. I might have missed it but how do you plan on res changing? Just curious im still new but plants are looking very nice :D

4. Very nice I also have a gh ww in soil she didnnt like getting topped though. I might have missed it but how do you plan on res changing? Just curious im still new but plants are looking very nice :D
    </blockquote>Thanks bro .... I'd like to see that WW in soil and compare. Do you have a journal up?
    If you are asking because of the screen, this shouldnt be an issue for me. My 3 reservoirs in the tent are all connected together and to a main feeding reservoir outside the tent. I actually do all my res changes, ppm and pH monitoring/adjusting, topping off etc outside the tent through that main reservoir. This is a 4x waterfarm system with active recirculation. .. its called water pack acs by GH. I love it!

5. No journal as im going to keep her as a mom shes also under a few 26 w cfls 4 weeks from seed promix hp soil started her 18-6 two weeks ago took about a week to recover from the topping

Attached Files:

6. She looks good and healthy brother. I wonder why she took long to recover. I honestly didnt notice much stress when I FIMed mine. I guess there are too many variables here to compare.

7. If you dont mind updating her here every now and then or sharing your experience with her here, I certainly dont mind ;-)

8. For sure bro im also along for the ride :)

9. Another quick update
    Both BB and Am's main branch were crushed today between finger tips (like super cropping) and bent 90 degrees to train them! First and second pics respectively.
    I accidentally broke a WW branch. No need to panic. This happens a lot and its easily fixed. Sometimes this happens when supercropping too. What you'd do in such a situation is the following:
    Support the broken branch up and tape around the broken branch. Thats it. Within a couple of days, a knuckle will form where the branch broke and it'll be stronger than ever ;-)
    Well thats pretty much what I did. I supported that broken branch with the scrog screen and ...... took a pic 😉. Ill check it tomorrow. The 3rd pic shows the broken branch after I supported it with the scrog screen! The last pic is of the screen to compare it to the previous updates.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hells yes bro, these plants are strong and bounce back very quick don't they. Lol.
    Looking great up know here doc..
    Also, side note, you might already know, but if you patch the break with pure clover honey, mend with tape like you said, it heals almost overnight bro. Super fast heal time.. old schooler trick..
    Keep doing what your doing man, cause it's looking great.

11. Awesome dude ... thanks a bunch for the old school trick and for the compliments ... I gotta try that next time i pinch the girls and break a branch. Might pinch them hard on purpose next time hah

12. #33 DrCannaP, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    Another quick update.

Those girls drink and eat like crazy. My topoff ppm was 800 and main res was 900. After noticing the main res ppm was slowly declining, I decided to raise the topoff ppm to 850 and the main res ppm to 950 and see how that goes. PPM raised by adding a couple mls of FloraNova grow to the res.

Here are a few pics. The first 2 are of the knuckles forming on the BB and AM respectively and the 3rd is of the WW's broken branch which is healing but taking its time. Maybe I should have at least taped the broken part instead of just supporting it. Either way that branch is still up and growing. So its healing though taking its good ol time. Next time Im trying the clover honey application on the broken stem to see how much faster it heals.

And finally an overall shot of the screen filling in nicely ;-)

Last but not least, I finally got my Optic Grow LED light CXB3070 4000K 350W. I fired it up and WOW was the brightness (even without the lenses) impressive. I feel its going to top my 600w MH. The plan is to put it up and fire it in addition to my 600w HPS for flowering although I am very tempted to fire it now to accelerate vegging and filling the screen. What do you guys think? Worth it or waste of electricity? I honestly am not in a rush and I feel Ill fill the screen to 75% in another week to 2?! Decisions and the temptations hah

Attached Files:

13. Screen is looking good! I'm surprised your WW is taking that strong of a mix.

14. #35 Iwannagethigh780, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    I have no experience with leds but im lazy so I would wait till flower ehehe they coming along nice. nice thick stalks B)

15. Thanks brother. A noticeable difference since the last update only 2days ago, isnt it? The growth is vigorous ... If you mean with the nutes, I agree .... I keep checking on her to see if shes burning. But actually growing fast now and starting to fill her corner. I was worried because shes much smaller than the others not because of an experience with her. Its my first time running a ww. Why did ya say that? Do they usually burn quickly and at lower ppm? Btw of the 950ppm id say at least 300 is calimagic.
    Thanks bro

16. Thanks bro .... i know ... its tempting though ... but i think that even with twmptation if i decide to put it up, and with how busy I am, it probably wont be up and fired til close to flippin hah

17. I think with the added wattage i may have to go from passive intake to actively pushing cold air in. ..... id want to be prepared and have the 4" min fan ready in case it gets too hot

18. My WW from Ceres never liked too much nutes. She's looking real good though so I don't think there's any reason for concern. I can't remember what my actual PPMs ran and I lost my notes. I just remember my WW always took about half the nutes my other strains did.

19. So I did hang the LED light over a foot (maybe 1.5) above the MH. When I fired it I was very surprised to see how bright and intense the light was. As you can see in the pic, 2 of the COBs are kinda blocked by the reflector and the LED side is still much brighter. Does this mean my HPS will be supplementing the LED, and not the other way around? Hah. I dont want to start a war here lol I just want to see happy girls producing fat buds ... plus I like weed science lol ... we will all see the results here. I feel there will be a lot of light in that small space with combined benefits from both spectrums, thats the yellow HPS and the 4k LED. Maybe the 4k LED will help reduce the stretch after the flip.
    Oh with how much light I saw in there, and actually how fast the girls are growing with JUST the MH, i think I wont fire the LED until I flip. Ill switch to HPS immediately after I flip as i read somewhere that this 4k spectrum showed reduced stretch after flipping when compared to the redder 3500 spectrum. Maybe someone with more LED and other lights knowledge n experience hanging around here will share some insight.

Attached Files: