The Doc's Largest Grow Ever!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by a526003b, Dec 21, 2010.

1. This is my next wave of plants that I am starting for my next grow! Im looking at carrot top, bubba kush, and a large assortment of unknowns. Im not fuckin around with this crop... ALL OR NOTHING!

Im using a soil mix of Pro Mix+FFOF+Sunleafs Rocks in 3 gallon nursery pots and 3 gallon smart pots.

Feeding: A Base Feeding of Fox Farm Tiger bloom, grow big, and big bloom.
    In addition all flowering plants will recieve "Snow Storm" and Algae Extract. (they were given to me to try for free from my hydro shop) :D
    The mother plants that I will select will be fed "Mother Plant A&B (Another freeby) :D

Pest Controll: Ladybugs! Ladybugs, and more... LADTBUGS!
    • 11 unknown strains that have just started + 1 Carrot Top.
    • 15 Bubba Kush seeds just cracked and are going in there cups tomarow!
    • There is a possibility that I may germinate my super silver haze and my Candy Kush but we shall see how my supplies holds up with what I got so far

2. Many new lifes have began the past few days :)
    About 21 so far have sprouted and im hoping another 10 in the next couple days (I hope I hope I hope!) In the next week r so I will introduce them to their new veg room, and there pots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. ...looking good bro! ..I'd have to germ the Kandy Kush, I hear really good things :)

4. Wham! Bam! ETA 6-7 weeks

Just added a 1000 watt Hortilux-Blue and a 1000 watt hortilux super HPS to the grow room for what claims to be the very best artaficial sun lighting in the world... so we'll see... it better be for the $230 for the BLUE and $130 for the Super HPS.

Oh.. and I spent 6 hours in the room after adding the BLUE and I got sun burnt!!! No shit... total farmers tan lol!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      660.9 KB
      Views:
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      504.4 KB
      Views:
  5. NICE start man...looking like you are in for a good time...i will def be watching as i love a good grow journal...especially when you say go big!

PUffer

6. Looking good! it gets addicting being in the room.... but now you have obtained skin cancer!!! JK lol

7. I can avoid the light so no cancer for me lol with my grow room suite and my visor lol... I look like im about to be sent into space when I go feed them haha

8. I have a question... Is it normal to fall in love with your plants?!?! I swear I sometimes spend entire days in my grow rooms just admiring the different leaf arrangements and postures between different strains...

This whole grow that I created really gives a strong sense of accomplishment and I just gotta say that I am sooo verrrrry greatful that I am allowed to practice my hobby!
    All you other non-medicinal states need to get with it! You dont know what your missing

9. Im 100% with you on that, I just wish there was no anxiety about living in a non-MMJ state, but I def agree with you about ths being the greatest hobby in the world. Sometimes I sit and smoke their ancestors in the grow room and give them a taste of their future in my bowls:smoke:

10. sub'd.. Gonna keep an eye on ya kid ;)

11. Here is a nice little tour of my two rooms! hope you enjoy it! I know I sure do!

oh and my Super Lemon Haze and Tangerine Dream have sprouted along with the freebies... Female seeds grapefruite, C99, and Bubblegummer :D

[ame="http://vimeo.com/19608412"]http://vimeo.com/19608412[/ame]

12. Let me know if you like the videos v.s. the pics, I was thinkin of just making a short clip every week r two.

13. Sweet, I have always liked video updates better than pics, need to narate a bit and it would be even better:D

14. locked in.

15. Alright 20 days since the last video update and the ladys have all put on alot of growth.

Some plants in veg look stressed and I think its due to the ammount of light that there recieving however I wont be able to sleep well until I know for sure... SO...

I have taken snippets of some affected leafs that I will use to make two slides, one with an acid fast stain, and the other with a gram stain in an attempt to identify any fungi or bacteria.

I also plan on making some cultures to check for fungi in the case that I do discover hyphae I will be able to isolate it and hopefully cure it... (assuming there is even a problem haha)

[ame="http://vimeo.com/20368198"]Untitled on Vimeo[/ame]

16. Nice looking grow man. You sure lost me on how you check for fungi, but the title and the location... its all making sense now.:) So could you also detect beneficial fungi? Say like in a tea brewed to encourage certain fungi.Or maybe even from a soil sample? I think it would be really cool to know exactly whats in there.

17. Im sure its possible. I study human pathogens not plants... BUT... I know exactly what to look for and the technical edu and equipment. I also know that most beneficial fungi are found intracellulary of the root cells. So to ID them you most likely wouldnt have the luxury of using stains to make them visible. A wet mount could be made or a root sample and the cells compared with one another, ones that appear to contain additional internal structures that resemble hyphae/budding yeast would be the ones. When I observe my slides next week I will try and snag the scope with the camera on it and take some microscopic immages of some MJ cells ;)

Intracellular fungi is difficult to see but it can be identified on a wet mount. Hyphae are small semi-transparent branches inside the affected cells. If taken from a root sample of a healthy looking plant I would consider this commencal/symbionic (good) fungi.
    [​IMG]

This is a gram stain which is showing gram positive hyphae with budding yeast. If I found something similar on a leaf sample I would regard it as a pest/pathogen.
    [​IMG]

18. Wow! I'm still a little lost but thats ok. So am I correct in saying that beneficial fungi are symbiotic and bad ones aren't? Thanks for your insight and will be looking forward to more. The reason I'm so interested is because from what I understand, our plants need the beneficial fungi especially in flower for P uptake.

19. I took a few nice pics today while I was re-organizing everything to make room for the next group entering flowering.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. Nice, looks like the sugar fairy has visited.:) What is that one in the third pic?