The DISAGREE button should be removed

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by trojangrower, Apr 15, 2022.

?

Should the DISAGREE button be permanently removed?

1. Yes

9.1%
  2. No

77.3%
  3. Change its name to the I HATE YOU button

13.6%
  1. The most compelling thing about social media is notifications; lures you into thinking that (whether good or bad) you have connected with someone. Likes, dislikes, etc are the lazy approach to engagement - lauding or disparaging in long form (using actual words) is a boomer move while savvy individuals can creatively burn or stroke you with an efficient meme or emoji.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I agree I now see it as an age thing, I suggest these icon thing grew outta phone texting,
    for me, my old age prefers the old school answer machine, but have had to learn texting to stray alive ...lol
    (I go thru a new phone every year with most falling from my top pocket to the toilet, as one leans to flush)

pics/icons are great for kiddies but words do count, but then again its a stoner site,
    many members perhaps to blazed to express themselves well

• Like Like x 3
  3. the English definition of Hate - is one must love before you hate, as hate is the opposite of love
    Like - Dislike
    Love -Hate

• Like Like x 1
  4. i havent a idea how to text,the wife does and has a phone that even when i pick it up does funky stuff to harm it just by touching the damn thing, my oldest boy bought me a flip phone,still new ,she has numbers saved in it and i just scroll to the name and press call , have to charge it every time i leave the house by myself cause battery is always died.
    this button box im on is from 1999 and is giving me hell,my son claims there is some chip or another that can get messed up when you drop the thing ,so now i cant get the wireless stuff and have a dang cord from wall plugged in it to be able to do anything.
    life aint all that bad without a phone mate,you actually see folks just looking at them instead of being one of them,i couldnt even begin to tell you how many folk i seen stumble across a curb hahahah.
    open eyes and see the sky ,the soil all in between,those days be gone when i am i guess hahahah
    want be long

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. heh my wife and I are rewatching Star Wars (on Episode 2 atm).
    I read that and I see
    [​IMG]

So its settled then; the button should be renamed the dislike button :D

i've never owned a phone other than a fliptop.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. The problem with the disagree button is a guy like myself, who doesn't seem to have a bad rep around here, could be on some crazy drunken tyrant and start spamming disagree to this whole thread and half the forum, and 90% chance there will drama stirred, and names, and hate, and just generally ugliness.

Opportunity to spread positivity is good, everyone should foster that, but opportunity to spread negativy, is a different situation

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #28 Vee, Apr 24, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    As mentioned earlier that happened to me I fell out with a noob, he disagreed with my 'standard' advice for the time, I logged in next day to find he'd disagreed with every post I made for months, he must have spent half an hour just ticking all my replies.
    It was an easy fix for mods, click the noobs profile go to his 'Ratings Given' and untick said Disagrees
    ..Dumb really a 5 minute fix for any Mod

...and you may do such an action but at 4500+ posts here ...
    you are well known any funny biz and the known members will eat you and then the mods stick you in a special room to chill ....for weeks, in that time you may well log in under a new name..
    but your prose again will let you be known, at 4500 prose's you will be noticed ...lol

good luck

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. There are humans that have so little to do but occupy their useless lives that go from post to post clicking 'X' everywhere? Pathetic.

For years we have tried to prove that weed is just a plant and nothing to fear. Now instead of weed, we are afraid of 'X's? Totally Pathetic!

The fact that I am spending my time reading and responding to this idiocy is ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ...and yes you have come to this site with a genuine concern as I and many other have
    only to find over time that many members have done as you or about to do as you
    and as you have been advised here before perhaps you are obligated to reply
    or just want to help these guys out because thats the guy you are.

welcome to GC

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]

:love-m3j:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. I just came to see how many x disagree trojangrower would have here. It's all fun entertainment.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. We should replace the x with a sad or crying emoji, take the evil red x that triggers some,and just replace it.
    :notworthy: :(

• Like Like x 3
  14. #34 Vee, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    Chuckers even ICMAG have flipped to the 'Xenoforo' forum system
    but their is a serious cost that admins have got to get back at most in ads ( @RMJL )

with Xenoforo theirs very little actual site distinction other than the quirks each site holds

ICMAG was great in its day anytime before 1990 lol now the mods bet as to how many noobs they ban a month, chuckers has little time for noobs, thankfully, as RIU these days is all noobs under 18yo

A good site indication is when mods ban a member, if they leave the banned members content still up?
    most do, that means the member is still held in the database tho banned he is still considered a member,
    that way you can tell your advertizers you have 10000 members forget to add that 9999 are all banned .....lol
    ask 420 magazine thats the worst ...lol you CANNOT mention stuff thats not on the approved list

xeno.jpg
    whatcha get on Xenoforo

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Heck I didn't know the 'X' was the dislike button. Guess I'll have to pay more attention now. I consider myself technologically advanced except for phones, I've always hated phones, they're a big intrusion on my life. I have sons that live in 3 different countries now so I mostly stay in touch online through e-mail, WhatsApp, things like that. I screen every single phone call I get and if I don't recognize the number, I don't call back or really even care.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Nerf The World!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I think rep should be brought back.

Built community, alerted everyone to the trolls, was a point of pride to have a lot of positive rep, gave weight to those who had received more of it.

I could go on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1