The difference between these grow lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bababuwii, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Ok i've been looking on eBay for grow light sets for HPS and MH lights because I cant find any companies that deliver to canada so eBay is my best resort and ive found quite a couple of good ones i just dont know what the difference is between them so a little help would be great

these are the 3 choices:

AIR COOLED GROW LIGHT

DIGITAL AIR COOLED GROW LIGHT

OPEN REFLECTOR GROW LIGHT

I want to know what the difference is between digital and just plain air cooled and is it better to get an open reflector? keep in mind i have a small closet and i want to grow 3-5 plants

thanks

2. Digital and air cooled are not interchangable terms.

Digital refers to the ballast and air cooled refers to the reflector.

A digital or electronic ballast can run both MH and HPS bulbs of the same wattage.

An air cooled reflector has ports to run inline cooling through the reflector to keep temps down. I would go for that one as you can plug the ports and it will still run cooler than an open reflector and still have the option to ventilate it if needed.

3. then whats the difference between the digital one and non they look the same just 100$ difference?

4. looks liek teh cheaper one doesn't come with a ballast

"
    A BALLAST IS NOT INCLUDED WITH THIS BASIC PACKAGE AND IS RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WITH THEIR OWN BALLASTS. THE REFLECTOR AND BULBS WILL NOT OPERATE WITHOUT THE USE OF A BALLAST."