The difference between the North and the South

Discussion in 'General' started by scout695, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Supply and demand.

The houses in the ghetto are cheap,
    doesn't mean I'm going to live there.

2. [quote name="ItsReneeYo_" post="19447594" timestamp="1391277298"]and our weed is cheaper :D.....[/quote]Lies. Lies lies lies. Weed in the south sucks ass.

"south" could refer to culture or the frame of reference.

DC does not have a south culture because a lot of educated people live there, but it is physically south of the mason dixon line right?

i think the distinct "north" culture starts at philly and northward. but there are places in western ny and pa that are "south" as shit

4. #24 ckycampmember, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014

[​IMG]

5. I'm on the Mason Dixon line....We'll walk across the street ....but to kill you! Fuck saving you. One less person is more elbow room at the buffet. Some of us is real Hongry!

6. #26 fruitality, Feb 4, 2014

why is this map relevant? this is 2014 not civil war times...

Holy shit you're wrong. Some of them moon-shining hillbillies in the Appalachians grow AMAZING weed. But you can't get it if you talk like a "Yank" or act like a typical southerner...You got to be backwoods as shit. And I mean if you are wearing a collared shirt...you best have your buttons all out of order and shit. Hillbillies can dig holes by the light of the moon too!

• Like Like x 1
    it would be a clear definition of what the united states has always defined as north and south.
    but i suppose that was hard to infer when you consider philadelphia an intellectual city...

• Like Like x 1
    thats quite alright, i would rather grow my own.

10. #30 fruitality, Feb 4, 2014

it sound's like you're real defensive about the south being stupid, so it's not surprising that you're not that smart. 

maybe english is your second language? if that's the case then my bad amigo.

• Like Like x 1
    You mean..... "Lo siento, amigo."

• Like Like x 1
    sorry bill you're right

• Like Like x 1
    and somebody is defensive of the city of brotherly love....
    anymore witty comebacks?

please elaborate on how philadelphia has a better education than the entire south?
    and provide data that the philly school system is on par with the rest of the northern states....
    id bet there are some backwoods areas in the south with better school districts.

14. 1. This map is antiquated, far from a "clear definition".
    2. You equate the South as being unitelligent making broad sweeping generalizations, then attack the intellegence of others.
    3. The website you stole that map from is from a genealogy firm based in Kentucky, certainly not a scholarly source, but you can only find out so much through google images. Hardly objective.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #35 jawmbii, Feb 4, 2014
    You should be the one posting the data proving Philidelphiha has inferior or on par education. You can't make an argument berating the rebuttle for lack of data when you have no data yourself.

16. #36 fruitality, Feb 4, 2014

i said you're dumb because you make incorrect inferences and then have a bitch fit about it.

i never said philadelphia is better educated, i said it's culturally a 'place-marker' for where the north starts.

i said DC is highly educated. and DC is not culturally "southern"

just like miami is physically a part of florida, but it's not really a part of redneck territory.

17. #37 ckycampmember, Feb 4, 2014
    [quote name="jawmbii" post="19463573" timestamp="1391526224"]You should be the one posting the data proving Philidelphiha has inferior or on par education. You can't make an argument berating the rebuttle for lack of data when you have no data yourself.[/quote]Pretty clearly defined. Blue, red, yellow, black...you need glasses? It might be out of date, from some random website, but when was the last time the shape of the United States drastically changed? Also when did the civil war states change...we can rewrite history?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Southern ride to school
    [​IMG]

Northern ride to school

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. #39 fruitality, Feb 4, 2014

because no one is talking about the civil war definitions?

and based on your reading skills, education in the south is clearly subpar

• Like Like x 1
  20. [quote name="fruitality" post="19463574" timestamp="1391526240"]i said you're dumb because you make incorrect inferences and then have a bitch fit about it.i never said philadelphia is better educated, i said it's culturally a 'place-marker' for where the north starts.i said DC is highly educated. and DC is not culturally "southern"just like miami is physically a part of florida, but it's not really a part of redneck territory.[/quote]Ya you better edit that post...Twice...DC is farther south than Philly but I agree, it's not southern. Hence the map...The yellow states are neither north nor south. Why I posted it...Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app