Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Difference Between a Head High and a Body High

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, May 7, 2011.

1. Ever since I've started smoking, everybody talks about head and body highs as two different things. I've seen a summary of what those terms mean, but the descriptions are way too general. Can anyone describe to me in specific detail, particularly in terms of the effects of both a head high and a body high? Thanks a ton.

2. I haven't had an intense body high in a while but when I got really stoned I could really feel my stomach moving as I breathed and if you lay down and lift your head it feels like theres a weight attached to it . All of my unpleasant experience in my early days were due to body highs but not everyone has that problem and now I think they're great .

I noticed I used the terms 'high' and 'stoned' interchangeably' but as I have come to understand stoned generally refers to a body effect whereas high is for head.

3. With a head high, you'll think a LOT. Your thoughts will race, you'll think a million thoughts a minute, and it sometimes gets hard to stay on one train of thought. Mental highs often also produce lots of laughter. Colors will seem brighter, you'll notice small details you didn't notice before, and a lot of the time, small things, such as the way something feels, will become completely enhanced. Going outside on a nice day with a mental high is amazing, because you see everything differently than you did before, such as the way the sun glitters over a body of water, or the way wind moves leaves in trees.
    On the other hand, body highs have a couch locking effect. You tend to want to lay around and just in general be lazy. Your walking may be effected if you're particularly high, and a lot of the time you can feel a sort of vibrating throughout your entire body. The way you feel things changes as well; you become more aware of yourself, more or less. Body highs generally tend to be the kind of highs that make you feel relaxed and tired, and are nice right before bed.
    I guess that's about it, hope it helps!