-The Devils Garden-

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Devils, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Welcome my fellow grassers to my 4th attempt at growing natures goodness for personal use.

For this cycle experiment, we will be using a 2x20L (5 Gal) bucket RDWC setup under 2x 240W Blackstars.

The specimens for this cycle come to you care of Tangy, who unforutnaltey met her demise early today and has been left to hang out and dry, and also the letters T, H and C.

I will be running the Canna line of nutes on this run and have no trips planned for the next 3 months, so hopefully it will be a boring run for those who choose to follow.......yeah right I hear you say! I have a feeling this round, will be smooth...hopefully......

Anyway couple of starter pics below, hope you hop on board for the ride......toot toot!!!

Attached Files:

2. Nice, are you planning on running the LED's through flower as well?

3. Yup, welcome aboard!

4. #4 Devils, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    Ok, so from what I have managed to gather from this particular strain, be it from experience first hand and what I learned from the Internets, TD likes a high Ph level and really low EC.

Example:
    Ph @ a min of 6.2
    EC at 1/4 strength of recommended and go from there

She is a fickle girl, but if looked after I am sure she will be a corker!! The original Tangy is drying, not smelly from a distance, but oh so very sticky!

Will try to keep an updated journal this time around as its a pure Tangerine Dream run under LED.

Touch wood for a dream run.....recommendations or questions welcome!

Edit: These girls have been 7-8 weeks in my veg compartment, see previous journal for pics. The large one has been topped at least 5 times, smaller one 3-4. If the mum was anthing to go by, this girl will stretch and fill screen......hopefully

5. subbed mate :) cant wait to see this tangy dried and trimmed :p did you get a wet weight?

starting to push against the screen :)

6. nah, didnt get a chance to get a wet weight, had to do a speed chop due to having a lot on over the weekend, even with a friend helping me, still took 45mins to get her up n drying. She will be good to trim in about 2 days so will let you know then.

7. Love the LED grow, and you got the RDWC goin on, Mind if i lurk? lol

8. i know what DWC deep water culture but whats is RDWC R deep water culture

9. #9 Unhinged, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    Hope this helps :)

Recirculating direct water culture systems (also known as RDWC) use a reservoir to provide water for multiple buckets. Traditional methods using unconnected buckets require individual testing for pH and conductivity factor (CF). This has led to innovations that have seen the removal of air stones in favor of connecting multiple buckets together and recirculating the water. As the water is reintroduced to the bucket it is broken up and aerated with the use of spray nozzles. Constant recirculating oxygenates the water and ensures a good mix of nutrients CF and stabilizes pH throughout the entire system so testing is required only at one point, which would be at the 'Tub' like reservoir. The Deep Water Culture system requires adequate water + oxygen nourishing solution.

The solution is oxygenated (possibly near, or equal to, oxygen saturation) from an air pump combined with porous stones. With this method the plants may grow faster because of higher amounts of oxygen that the roots receive, verses other forms of deep water culture.

Super-saturation of water, i.e., increasing dissolved oxygen (DO) level well above saturation of the source water (ex., DO of 40 ppm [mg/L] at 75'F), is unnecessary for the 'best' plant growth. And has been found to hinder plant growth verses saturated water (ex., DO of 8.4 ppm at 75'F) and slightly-more-than saturated water (ex., DO of 9 ppm at 75'F).

10. Nice info UH, I am probably leaning more towards the oversaturation at the moment, have a 20L per minute air pump running x2 double Micropore Air diffusers in each plant bucket, no airstone in central res. The water pump in central res keeps that decent enough, its set on slowest setting so its just over a bit more than a dribble coming out into each bucket.

Just checked the girls today and they are loving their new home, lots of growth today, I am glad I switched them to 12/12 right away as they will stretch like bitches, but this way I can guide them during the stretch to fill the screen.

Ph is running at 6.6, thought I would leave it as she seems to be liking it, PPM is about 800.

My new permanent multi-tester arrives tomorrow, once the probes are in the central res, I will be able to see the readouts at a glance off the central display, if cords on probes are long enough, going to try and set it up outside the wardrobe so I dont even have to open the fucker to see what my Ph, EC and temps are sitting at!

11. gonna check that vid feed again :)

12. She might seems like she's liking the 6.6ph but it'll catch up, you need to keep the ph as close to 5.6-5.8 as you can for them to intake the nutes they need.

13. #13 Devils, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
  14. Will still pull Ph back to 6.0 tonight just in case :p

Looks like we are finally getting some movement on the de-criminalisation for weed, couple years of debate and we might get somewhere!!

Drugs war 'a failure' that bred criminals

15. hopefully a bill passes to make the war on cannabis end, as for other drugs liek heroin crack and speed i really dont think they are safe and should still be prohibited.

16. #17 Devils, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  17. [quote name='"jackc"']hopefully a bill passes to make the war on cannabis end, as for other drugs liek heroin crack and speed i really dont think they are safe and should still be prohibited.[/quote]

Not only that, people don't OD from MJ. Look at the process Meth goes through?! Or Heroin!? Cocaine!? Even Alcohol is reasonably intense... MJ grows wild with zero added processes other then simply drying it out at a certain point... Nothing but nature created it, not man... No one has ever died from MJ by smoking to much, the only side effect is some lucky corner store might make some money due to the munchies. When I smoke up I want to munch, relax, watch a movie and pass out lol. The last thing on my mind would is picking a fight, or robbing a store, or doing anything illegal for that matter. If anything it makes me think MORE about a the task or thought at hand. Key word here is "think" something the gov't doesn't want us people to do, because if we ALL stepped up and said NO due to us second guessing there bs decision(s) the gov't would loose all there stolen power. With all the starving people in this world and all there cuts etc. they STILL carry a HUGE wage, thats well into the six figures per year but hey THEY deserve a raze! Instead of cut medical or schools etc. why not take a pay cut? What you can't live on less then $300,000+ a year? Wtf? 90% of the country lives on less then $50,000 a year and live happy...

Sorry kinda went off there... But dam...

18. mate i completely agree with everything you said, except the watching movie part i prefer reading a nice book or hanging out with my family and then crashing :p unless its a full on indica where i cant move lol or when i vape too much my eyes cant focus on the words in my book i just find the telly way too annoyinh sometimes lol but then i dont have an ariel and only have movies and tv shows i have watched over and over again lol but im starting to watch more docus.

19. Just installed the new el-cheapo el-chino Tri Meter in the res. Seemed to be able to get the Ph in calibration easy, not 100% on the EC just yet, seems to be a bit of fluctuation. Have a Bluelab truncheon to compare against, will give it a few days and then make a final decision on it.

Have lowered the Ph to 5.95, pic below was taken mid way of bringing it down. Its pretty interesting to see how it takes effect with the water flow and pump, well after a couple of hot ones it is anyway :)

EC should be at 0.9 but when adding Ph it went up to 1.0 for some reason....

Growth going well, filling up screen on left nicely. Right one is going to be stumpy me thinks.

Attached Files: