The Devil and his Friend

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by .ViciouS., Nov 18, 2007.

1. An excerpt from the book Total Freedom by Jiddu Krishnamurti.

I find this to be very 'enlightening' and expressed well. He said this among a speech of the Order of the Star, an organization that has said to have the coming of the "World Teacher" in which Krishnamurti was made Head of the Order. The speech in it's entirety can be found here.

I know most threads in S&P are being overly done with religious threads, but I thought this might be a slight change-up, being with a new perspective on the "Truth."

2. No thoughts at all? I guess everyone's comfortable in their bubble huh?

3. I came to that discovery a little while ago. I also think that organized religion is the devil's work. I think of it like this. 'Lucifer' is supposed to hate humans and wants to control them. God just wants us to be happy and love each other. I am not monotheistic, so I don't think it is all that simple.

I think the most valuable commodity in the universe is life. To needlessly waste it is a crime. That extends both to killing sentient creatures, and letting others tell you what exists in your life and what doesn't. Everyone has the right to find their own truth.

In other words, I agree.

4. Dude, shut up, friends is on and I've only like seen this one twice.

I agree with the story in the terms of the grand truth I guess. I definitely don't think any group that profits from my faith is trying any harder to enlighten me then a burger King commercial.