The Desert's Hottest Grow: Nirvana's White Widow x 4

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by WhiteDesertBoy1, May 19, 2010.

1. lookin good dude! if you pay attention to your plants they'll give a nice warning if anything is wrong. if you identify any problem as soon as you can, then usually you'll have a bit of time to work out a solution. thats the beauty of plants, they're usually very sturdy, and rarely die instantly. looks like you're gonna have an amazing harvest :smoke: those are some good genes!

2. Thanks man. Yea, I havent been hit with anything that has been a long lasting problem yet! Nirvana has their shit down :smoke:

DAY 45
    Quick update
    The widows grew a lil close to the light so I had to raise it a bit. A couple of crispy leaves here and there. They all were very thirsty and wanted lots of water. Switching to 12/12 on Sunday :hello:
    Going to Vegas over the weekend, but once I get back I need to get a real carbon scrubber, its getting a little dank smelling in my place. Otherwise, picked up an 1/8th of some Headband that has been real good to me. I recommend it :smoke:
    Pics kinda sucked today, the fans kept blurring it, so next time i promise to turn them off first. (camera battery ran out so i couldnt reshoot)!

Attached Files:

3. DAY 49
    Time for 12/12! Set my light timer so they will be hitting it at 8pm. Gave them a dose of water with some GB and starting with the Open Sesame. Wasn't able to start it yesterday like I wanted because I got back from Vegas waaaaay too late :D

Attached Files:

4. Day 52
    Everything is going well since I switched to 12/12. Good amount of growth in a couple of days!:D Even had to raise the lights a tad. Just gave them a watering today and admired their ganja beauty and smell. Also, went to the hydro store and talked with the guy their about getting the widows some carbs to fatten them up and ended up leaving with some Botanicare "Sweet Grape". He said that after an application they should start getting a grape smell to them. It will be a good nourishing day for them on Sunday.
    Pics kinda sucked today, kept blurring. I will use a better camera next time. At least you can get a gist of the growth from them :smoking:

Attached Files:

5. i started reading last night and im subbed. will you take a pic of your closet so we can see the whole setup not just your widows. i mean i dont have any problem with them (i love them!) but i want to see the setup = ).

6. oh! and you never named them

7. Thanks for stopping by! Yea I will give you all the tour hah. Pics will be up Sunday night :smoke: and with the names, I just couldn't think of any that would stick :confused: maybe if their personalities start to show during flowering I may get more creative.

8. DAY 56
    So walked into the grow room and one of the plants was a bit droopy and another plant looked like it has a deficiency of some sort. The other 2 seem just fine. I'm doing the same thing for every plant so it is kinda of weird. I took some pictures of the problems so any input is helpful. As promised, I took a couple pictures of the set up. It is in a walk in closet that is located inside a bathroom. I took the door off the closet and put up a blackout curtain with Velcro applied around the edges. I cut holes in it for ventilation also. Just bought a carbon filter/fan combo from HTG so I will be installing that sometime this week since the ladies are starting to be a bit fragrant. Gave them their nutes and water as usual so im hoping that any problems they have will be sorted out. The droopy one I dont think should be overwatered? Ah well, it wouldnt be fun without a couple of speed bumps :smoke:

Attached Files:

9. Good luck with it! I just started curing my latest WW. 8 plants, 9.8 zips :smoke::)

10. looking good! as for the yellow leaves idk what to tell you ... maybe lack of water? i doubt it though .... its probly just a deficiency. hope all goes good.
    and did you sex them yet?

11. Thanks man. Nice haul dude, cant complain with that much.

Thanks, just trying to keep em stable now. I have not sexed them yet. They are femmed seeds, but I have yet to see any balls hanging around :D

12. DAY 62
    All is well in the garden of the desert. It seems that the Widows are just becoming more demanding of water since going into 12/12. Every thing went from droopy to all better an hour after watering. Installed my brand new carbon filter in the grow room couple of days ago. The widows haven't been too fragrant yet, kinda a subtle piney smell, but doesn't really emanate from the grow closet yet. A question to all you other growers: Have often do you generally water your plants once they are in 12/12? During veg all I could water is twice a week. During flowering is it ok to increase to 3 times a week?
    p.s. All confirmed females! wooo! hopefully they stay that way!:smoke:
    Pics kinda suck, I need a new camera!

Attached Files:

13. grats on the fems! = ) i bet there will be a monster harvest man haha.
    and yeah they can get needy of water! lol

14. I think you may be right about that monster harvest :D Thanks dude

DAY 69

Sorry for the lack of updates. Just got back from a trip to Cali :smoking:
    Had my roommate water the girls and keep an eye on them and by god he did not let them flounder. Came back to a jungle with some nugs forming on my bud sites. wooo the fireworks are starting! must be that open sesame :D So they are all looking healthy and gave them a good load of nutes and water...they sure are getting greedy with it, thats for sure. Turned off my carbon filter for a minute and the smell wave hit me, looks like it is doing its job just fine.
    Snapped a couple of pics but this camera is just an old dud...maybe for my next grow I will purchase a better one.

Attached Files:

15. Those are some nice widows you've got going there Desert, I'm watching this one. By the way, what size pot are you using?

16. Thank you thank you :smoking:
    I have them in 5 gallon pots FTW

17. are you going to sell and smoke it , or just smoke it all?

18. Basically just growing for friends and myself. If they want some then they have to contribute to the grow cost is all.

19. Hey guys, I know its been a while since Ive updated but Ive been busy moving to a different place and getting things settled. Also, didn't have internet for a week too :eek:
    But the good news is that the plants are looking great and I borrowed a friends camera so I for once have some great shots that I think ya'll will like.
    So I have been watering them 3 times a week, every time with the Sweet I got and once a week with a big dose of nutes. I had to switch to a different closet but I like the set up much better. The buds are all starting to form and I havent seen any hermie parts yet. I did have a nice bud branch get snapped somehow but it stayed intact and I tied it back up, so it should recover nicely and yield a good amount Going strong until the first week of September I estimate. Already starting to look into my next grow and get that set up. Any Qs and Cs are welcome. Enjoy the pics

P.S. : Picked up some Purple Mr. Nice from some old 50 year old hippie, and damn it was a good head high. Give some love to the old stoners, they still know their shit:smoking:

Attached Files:

20. Welcome back, glad I get to watch your widows again, When is your harvest date?