The defintion of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and my night in jail

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by takeadab, May 8, 2013.

1. I work in fast food, and last November, I was closing down the store like any other night. We got out right around 11pm, which was pretty standard for us, and then I proceeded to warm up my car (I live in Michigan where it's fucking cold). While I was waiting for it to warm up, I took a couple dabs in my car, which is tradition. :smoke:

Now that I was nice and high, and my car had been running for several minutes, I decided to leave. I began turning left out of my work's parking lot and this is where things got very interesting. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a police officer walking his K9 right towards my car..and since I was in mid-turn, and extremely sketched out, I had no intention of stopping, which was my main mistake.

I continued down the road, and turned onto a couple of roads to attempt to shake him, since it was merely an officer on foot, or so I thought. As I was driving down a side road, a police cruiser whipped around the corner I was approaching. At this point I knew I was fucked, but it gets even better.

The officer that turned onto the road I was on pulled right in front of my car, barricading me, and at least 3 or 4 cops pulled up behind me. At this point I officially had no clue what all the fuss was about. The cop approaches my car, acting like I'm a mass murderer or something, and I ask him why they followed me. It was because the gas station next to my work was robbed, and since I happened to be leaving when they were performing the search for the suspect.

Now I know running was beyond idiotic, but at the time I was running on a cocktail of adrenaline and THC. So I explain to the officers that I just got out of work, and at this point I don't think they believe me, even though I was wearing my uniform. As I continue explaining I didn't know shit about a robbery, they pull me from the vehicle, as well as telling me I reek of pot.

I know I was a suspected robber, but since I was not, I told the officer I didn't consent to any searches, although me smelling like weed was probable cause too. Anyway, I had a 280 dollar zong with dome attachment, a bowl, a bubbler, a chillum, some trim, and some hash oil. Losing my pieces was so shitty but the only part that made it somewhat laughable is the cops didn't touch my hash oil.

So although they now knew I wasn't the robber, they planned to charge me with reckless driving, operating under the influence, and possession of marijuana. I was brought to the hospital to get my blood drawn, then off to the jail. It was my first (and only time so far) in jail, and I was put in the drunk tank overnight.

I was then released and lawyer'd up, since I thought the circumstances were unfair. It cost a $600 retainer fee, but my lawyer worked his magic and got all of my charges dropped. I am extremely lucky that it turned out the way it did, and consider it a second chance.

2. I'm glad things worked out for you talk about a buzz kill.

3. damn dude, thats rough. those dickhead cops should have just let you go once they knew that you werent at all responsible for the robbery

4. so they're dickhead cops for doing their job?

he shouldn't have smoked in his vehicle, had possession of weed and paraphernalia, and been driving under the influence. he deserved the charges and is lucky they got dropped

5. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']

so they're dickhead cops for doing their job?

he shouldn't have smoked in his vehicle, had possession of weed and paraphernalia, and been driving under the influence. he deserved the charges and is lucky they got dropped[/quote]

Supporting an injustice makes them assholes. Regardless why we're you rolling with so much shit on you?

6. I think the most interesting part of this story is that OP works in the fast food industry and can afford a lawyer lol

7. i bet you don't support your tax money going to the prison system where corporations make a profit off these harmless cannabis offenders yet you still work a regular job. are you not supporting injustice?

8. OP just grab a little pipe and bring enough bud to sustain for that time, although I would definitely not mind being your friend. :smoke:

9. #9 SuperPhreak, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    Were the Einsatzgruppen der Sicherheitspolizei und des SD (SS) dickheads for doing their jobs? They were under orders so of course not!!

If you are wondering, they were mobile killing squads that would go to towns, round up all the jews, and gun them down on the spot. Once again, doing their jobs!

[/sarcasm]

They are doing an injustice, I don't give a flying fuck if it is the law; it's wrong.

10. Why would you carry all of that gear in your car?

11. #11 takeadab, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
    Yeah, I regret having so much paraphernalia and shit but I was practically living out of my car at the time. Although I was in "the wrong place at the wrong time" I was still breaking the law.

I'm just glad I still have my license and freedoms because I already have points on my license. I got very lucky. After I got a lawyer, I was pretty confident that the charges would be dropped, but you can never be sure.

Also, I live in a medical state, so once the cops saw all of my pieces they asked me if I had a doctor's recommendation.

12. Good thing you got the charges dropped. Sucks about the $600 though. Definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time

13. Glad it worked out for you, OP! You didn't deserve it, but that'll sure teach ya not to roll around with a bong in the car.

Yeah welcome to life.

There isn't a place in the world where anybody agrees with 100% of the nation's laws. Based on your standards, nobody anywhere would be a cop.

There also isn't really a place where marijuana is completely legal....tolerated, perhaps, but legal, not really.

So if you want to keep on living in your imaginary world with perfect ideals inside your head, that's fine. But please come back to reality during election season so you can vote in the right direction towards eventual legalization ;)

14. I work in fast food, and last November[​IMG]

15. even if you are being sarcastic, you're comparing people getting locked up for driving under the influence to people being forced into labor camps, starved, and gassed with severe human rights violations. are you high as fuck or what?

yeah it is fucked up that cannabis is illegal but everyone supports a god damn form of injustice whether they want to or not

16. you should have never let them draw your blood. that is a huge violation of your rights.

17. there's no "right place or time" to get pulled over after dabbing in the car man... you set yourself up for that one, it was gonna happen eventually

18. This guy playing dad over here.

19. yes, OP set himself up here by having an oil set up in his car. but that doesnt excuse the fact that those cops are fucking dicks. probably too lazy to find the actual robber

20. you better get your shit together and listen up son