The definition of irony

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MrBurgerking, Sep 20, 2007.

1. I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this, so I'd like to preface this story by saying that I am 18. I'm in high school, still, and that's what this story is about.

At the beginning of the year, one of our clubs, KUNI (Knights Under No Influence, we're the knights, it's an anti-drug and alcohol club) held a video and essay contest. First prize was 250 dollars and second prize was 100 dollars. Me and my friends are into making movies so we decided this would be an excellent opportunity to make some money for our movies.

Long story short, we film and end up coming in second. About a week and a half ago we went down to Navy Pier in Chicago to meet up with a bunch of other schools in the area to receive our prize and tour some DEA exhibit and have lunch.

This day could not have been more stoner-appealing. We got to miss almost the entire day of school. On the bus ride down there, the teachers in charge brought a shit load of chips and candy bars. We get there and there's a delicious looking buffet. It had italian beef, pizza, hot dogs, salads, lasagna, cheese cake, cookies, etc. The entire time, I was thinking, "This would be 1000x better if I was baked."

Some DEA agent talked to us and he was probably the biggest asshole I've ever met in my life. Some asked him what his favorite part of his job was. He responded with, "I love putting people in jail. People break the law and deserve to be put in jail and I love doing that." Someone else asks, "Do you classify marijuana in the same category as heroin and cocaine?" and he goes, "The way I look at it, I carry around a 45. If i were to shoot you from this distance (like 8 feet) it would kill you almost anywhere I hit you. If I were to shoot you with a .22 in the right place, it would kill you too. I have yet to meet a heroin addict that hasn't smoked marijuana." I bit my tongue so hard because i just wanted to be like, "but the thing is, no matter what, marijuana can't kill you. And have you ever met a heroin addict that hasn't drunken alcohol?" but I couldn't because everyone there like devoted their whole lives to being drug free.

So we finally get our prize money.

I'll give you one guess, because that's all it will take to get it, to guess what I used the money for?

Yup, I bought myself some weed.

I was given money for supposedly promoting the drug free lifestyle and ended up using it to buy drugs.

I love irony......and weed.

2. Sorry, but it's a shame you didn't stand by your principles. Especially considering you make films, you're in a real position to make a difference through spreading truthful information, which is infinitely more valuable than money.

What's the worst that they could do? Taser you?

3. I was with our dean and like every other dean from the schools in our area. I didn't wanna get a bad name with the teacher's at my school and stuff.

And I have thought about making a movie about weed. It would be like an alternate reality where alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine were illegal and weed and coke were legal. Like in vending machines, they'd sell small packets of coke instead of coca-cola. Guys would be getting busted for smuggling coffee in from Argentina and stuff. It would get people thinking, why is alcohol acceptable and caffeine perfectly acceptable to be addicted to, but people who smoke weed and do coke are looked down upon. It's kinda weird how social ideals played out like that.

4. lol i was the dude with the chronic T-shirt in highschool, always stankin sweet like herbs, and you dont wanna get a bad name with your school, haha shit.
    kids these days really are dedicated to there education...

5. that dea officer sounds like an ass hes awsner was totally evasive of the right question it kinda left me wondering how in the world did his statement answered the question asked, too me i bet he knew it couldnt be classifeid up there with herion but he loves putting people in jail so it makes no difference to him. shoot im proud that you bought weed with anti drug money! i hope you smoked a nice fat bowl asap too!