the definition of fun times

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Rotties4Ever, Aug 8, 2011.

1. No sir, you're copping out now. You made this thread to get approval. You wanted people to be like, "fuck yeah man, you really showed them!" and to gain agreement that karma is acting out on you, the good person who was only trying to show your parents the error of their ways (by calling them dumb. nonetheless!). Why, oh, why, couldn't they just have listened to you, the wise one with so many years of experience, was your complaint. You wanted people to agree you were right. Otherwise, why make this thread?

btw, your opinion doesn't really matter on what constitutes incompetence. There's a definition for it. Here, let me show you..

By the definition itself, YOU are the incompetent one. YOU lack the ability to fix your own ceiling. YOU lack the ability to pay for workers to fix the ceiling. YOU lack the ability to move out and live on your own. This is why your parents don't give a fuck what you have to say.

2. #22 Rotties4Ever, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
    again you dont know me stop acting like you do, and the conclusions that you come to with baseless facts are staggering..what ever I dont care.
    you can think what ever you like, just dont say bullshit about me like why I made this thread.. you can say "I think this is why you make this thread" but you cant say shit like that like its fact, you say I am like a kid, but in reality it is you

edit- I made this thread out of boredom and wanted to let people know about my situation, not everyone cares what some pot head online thinks of them. lol
    "to get approval"
    hurray someone approved my thread, I dont know them but its ok my life is now complete lol

fucking jokes

3. I can tell who's spoiled and who's not in this thread.

4. I haven't said I know you, or acted like I do. I've formed my opinions based on what you have said in this thread.

Your posts are becoming more and more incomprehensible, so I'm just going to let you wallow in your own arrogance.

5. [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6. you have on multiple occasions and the fact that you cant see that only proves you are biased, and anything you say cant and wont be treated like you know what your talking about...cause you dont.

7. Well that was an exciting thread. I'm gonna get back to work for seven more hours, then go home and hassle my landlord about fixing stuff that has been broken for four months, watch my basic cable because I don't have an xbox, feed myself, etc etc and call it a day.

Maybe you were right. Maybe your parents should've listened to you, because you do know a thing or two about this and that. But dude, does the city need to hear about your parents giving you no respect, then you patting yourself on the back, and then karma hating you, all after a leak in the ceiling that got fixed in a couple days? Everything is gonna be alright. Smoke some weed, man, unwind a bit.

Also, karma isn't a magical force that governs who gets leaked on. It's just cause and effect. A really complicated, never ending string of cause and effect.

8. #28 Rotties4Ever, Aug 8, 2011
    honestly no offense, but I made it out of boredom and wanted to see what people will say, i didnt make it to please you, you dont have to like it, plenty of threads to choose from. I made it to give people my definition of a fun time, see part of freedom of speech is you can freely speak your mind,
    you make it sound like its a small thing, the leak, but the buckets are filling..
    and I am sure that if you were sleeping and at 4 am water started dripping on your face, you would not regard it as nothing.
    You dont like something thats cool ,
    but what is it with voicing your concerns to me, I dont care, I am not gonna do or change something based a pot head from online concern so why even type it out and tell me like I opened a concern box for my place of business

9. Fair enough, man. At least you're honest.

10. #30 Rotties4Ever, Aug 8, 2011
    calling my parents incompetent might be disrespectful but what if they are incompetent,
    I dont look at it from a point of respect or disrespect thats not the issue, incompetence is. What difference does it make whether or not I called them incompetent, the problem should be whether or not they are indeed incompetent, because if you realize you are incompetent and you care, you will find a way to be competent then you wont be called incompetent, but if you are competent and your offspring calls you incompetent out of the blue with no logic or reasoning to back up the claim, then you can say disrespect.

again this is just my opinion, I will raise my kids the same way.

edit- if I go by the same logic as some of the people on this thread, then I should disregard everything you say that I dont like or approve, but because I am open minded unlike most of you, I take it all in consideration.

11. This is the last post I'm going to make here, but:

The matter is not whether you are right or wrong. The matter is, you have NO ROOM to call your parents incompetent. The fact that you still live with, and are supported by your parents strip you of that right. Your parents are OBVIOUSLY competent enough if they support both thesmselves and a disrespectful son like you. They contracted work to fix their house. They make money to pay for that contract. You do not. Therefore, they are competent and you are not.

The fact that you call them incompetent in the first place proves your ignorance and naivete. If you knew anything, you'd know that when you hire someone to work on your house, you're not talking to Joe Blow the construction worker. You're talking to a contractor or the head of the construction company, someone with a construction management degree. These are individuals who went to college and were trained in business, and the business of construction. Sure, they can do estimates and know a bit about construction, but first and foremost, they handle the business aspect. They (typically) aren't the ones doing the grunt work. They have workers that they pay to do that, and may only visit the actual job site once a day at most or if it's a smaller company they'll supervise the guys to make sure they aren't just jacking off. Perhaps the construction company they hired made some poor choices on who they hired? Your parents had no idea what quality of workers they were getting to actually do the job. Your parents should not be held responsible for the quality of these workers, and shouldn't be called incompetent by anyone, especially not you, who has nothing to lose and only a fixed ceiling to gain from this situation.

12. #32 Rotties4Ever, Aug 8, 2011
    lol I cant even began to grasp the level arrogance
    see thats the thing they hired joe blow ...you cant seem to grasp that simple concept

edit- they didnt go to no contractors or people who ran a business so to speak, they hired joe blow of the street,

again you dont know my situation but you act like you do, countless times you make arrogant and ignorant assumptions, and you called me arrogant hahhahaha
    the irony

edit2- observing people make mistakes has nothing to do with who are the observer and who is the observed. both parents and their offspring are susceptible to mistakes
    just cause you raise a kid doesnt mean, that you can never be at fault..

you need to grasp the fact that it cant always be spoiled kid and perfect parents, sometimes parents fuck up and the kid has nothing to do with.

edit3- in case someone is still unclear, the workers were working in the kitchen on top of the leaked ceiling, and they removed a pipe then put it back but didnt shut it properly and it the water acommilated during the off hours when they left and started to leak at night.

13. Without wanting to get overly involved...

OP. Save this thread somewhere, print it, email it to yourself and save it in a folder.. Whatever.

In a few years when you have children or your own house and a few responsibilities. Take the thread out and re-read it. Then I think you'll understand mur13 s POV.

Until then it's pointless because you can only see how you feel about the situation.

Oh and I'm 18, live at home, work full time and pay £250 (400$) a month rent to my parents.... They don't need the money, not even close. But I feel that if I am working I'll contribute and I know it doesn't even get close to paying the food, heating, water, Internet I use... Let alone my washing, ironing, cleaning, cooking.

If I called my parents incompetent, they would be hurt. How would you feel if you bought some bud, got ripped and your friends called you incompetent?? Times it by 100 at least and that's how you are acting to your parents... While they fork out cash to keep you alive and enjoying life.

Personally... I feel sorry for them.

14. I think the OP is a spoiled brat...go sleep outside or build your own house since your so skilled at carpentry...

15. You and me both. The OP has much growing up to do.

16. this thread is incompetent

17. UPDATE TIME: the first two leaks stopped leaking, a new one sprung from a pocket of water that filled up the drywall. Also all over the ceiling there are wet spots, huge circles of water basically and lines and shit going all over the ceiling.
    In stead of calling a plumber, the incompetent workers came back in the morning said its their mistake and they will fix it later this week. lol
    they were suppose to come today to finish the renovation and they didnt even come.

they did that also last week, not showing up
    or not showing up at the time they gave us...

lol in my opinion this is all a half-assed approach by half assed people.
    cant say this is how I would do it.

fun times fun times

edit- I forgot, I got scared that the whole cieling will start leaking all over, and I had my bed tv and pc under it, so I spend approx 2 hours moving everything to a tiny ass claustrophobic room with no air to breathe, but at least my shit is safe. lol

18. Fuck contractors, especially the ones that didn't use waterproof drywall IN A FUCKING SHOWER. Now I get the fun job of redoing all of it. :rolleyes:

19. these guys Im dealing with are not even contractors, I guess you can call it the ghetto half assed version.
    what really pisses me off is that if I were to put a tiny dent anywhere or a scratch or a mark on a drywall, they would go apeshit,
    but ceiling falling apart is a-okay.

20. like i said, maybe you should prove that you could do a better job than they can.
    obviously theyr gonna keep fucking it up until youve dished out thousands or hundreds of dollars

incompetent carpenters..fuck.