The Decline of Western Civilization...as we know it...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Bob_Gnarly, Oct 29, 2010.

1. people have been saying "THE END IS NEAR!" for thousands of years but what does that statement REALLY mean? depending on your interpritation of it that could applied to anything. i know that i'm not the only person who thinks about the breakdown of society. maybe i've just seen Mad Max too many times but when i stop to think about whats going on in the world around me i often end up wondering and asking myself the same questions...when is this going to happen, why is it going to happen, how is it going to happen, if/when it does will i be prepared and what can i do to prepare for such an event?

like i said, i know i'm not the only person who thinks about this stuff so i want to hear some of your thoughts:D

2. I think something will happen politically that will be so gross that people will refuse to stand for it any longer. I think society will be broken up into 3 sections, Head Honchos known as the elite the bankers and the corrupt politicians, the police force who will be split up between the head honchos and the proletariats, and the proletariats who will be the renegade force to rise up against the government and kick everything off. For a while the Head Honchos will have most of the police force on their side but as society breaks down and definition of power switches from money to something else the police will begin to side with the proletariats seeing as the police are proletariats anyway.

I have many hypothesis on what will happen this is just one. I shared this one because it's one of my more reasonable hypothesis but I can think pretty out there as far as what will happen. Some people might say I watch too many movies and play too many video games, but in honesty I think these are some of the best places to look to understand the general mentality of our society and where we are headed. The world talks if you're willing to listen.

3. as ive said in previous threads, i think that soon there will be a change. i see how politics "work," i see brainwashing, i see ignorance, and i see greed and hatred. the world is far from on the right track. our "democracy" will, sooner or later, fall. i think we can all agree that our government, and most likely every government, revolves solely around money and power. but how could a true democracy be that way? people that want power will always want more power, and people with money always seem to want more of that, too. humanity needs something else to work towards. without something to take the place of "the american dream," the cycle will continue. until something big happens and people truly wake up, the system will continue to deteriorate. how long can things continue to get worse before people start to realize it?