The DEAs Response To Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thebeaver50, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Wonderfully presented thanks for this info bro reposting this on Facebook to let some people know... Let the info wars begin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Gotta justify the point of his job existing lmao

Sent from my VS840 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Who here honestly cares what the DEA thinks about legalization? thats like wondering what a dictator thinks of a revolution.

4. No, just imagine if the good ol' we know everything that is best for you government decided that starting tomorrow, you will be allowed to buy only 5 ears of corn, 1 radish(2 if small), 1 tomato plant(3 if they have not born fruit yet), and you are allowed only 2 rose bushes in your yard(as long as they are not flowering)?? Oh, and its against the law to grow your own vegetables to feed yourself and family. Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?? Now think of how they want to control another plant, its only a plant remember, but YOU MUST ADHERE TO OUR RULES REGARDLESS. Would there be national outrage over this?? Would everyday Joe Schmoe scream, yell unfair, write his senator/congressman/governor?? Or would he just sit back and say,"well it is the government and they do know whats best for me"?

5. Clear point VTyanky, but the main fallacy to your argument is 100% of people eat, and according to most reports only about 5% of Americans use cannabis depending on which report you read. The key to cannabis reform HAS to be in medical, then, only through research can the rest of the world know how harmless it is.

Watch this and see what Wernard Bruining says about it. Watch the whole vid, but Wernard is around the 10 min mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vSfOraUD7j0

6. Glad to see someone gets it.

7. Some people can't eat without the aid of cannabis.

8. He lyin I didn't say it.

9. #89 VTyanky, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    No fallacy to my point. Yes 100% of the people eat. Is it right though that the 100% should only be allowed to eat a certain pre-determined amount AND by a pre-determined source? No, its not. So why should this be the case with Cannabis? Because the "we know everything thats best for you Government so shut your mouth and feed what we give you" says so? I think not.
    @[member="Sgtstadanko707"], oh yeah i get it all right. Ive gotten over the past 30 years of enjoying Cannabis. I got it before the widespread "Legalize to medicalize" craze started. Dont get me wrong, im all for using to calm nasuea, increase appetites, calm seizures. But what im not for is the ever changing rules of the game which will increase over time. CBD only strains, lessening conditions for usage approval, home grows restricted or phased out completely, the eventual phasing in of specific facilities of obtaining specific strains. The whole thing sounded great in the beginning. Gave you hope that maybe one day Cannabis WOULD be removed from the DEA/FDA schedules and any Tom, Dick, or Harry could grow/use without fear of prosecution. But, all you had to do was read between the lines. Once again its the big power hungry money grubbers who are snatching that ball back up and locking it away in their corner after giving folks just enough of a taste to keep them eating out of their hands once again.

10. Well said sir. I love how every blade so Anti government until this recent legalization bs. Now they feel like the politicians are working for them. Lol. They figured out a way to corner the market now. That is the only reason they are allowing this stuff to play out.
    Theme of GC. It's legal who cares.

Sorry that some of us aren't satisfied with the status quo. It's a process. Enjoy your drought.

12. What drought. I was one of the smart few. 300 ft well. It's the suckers that have to pay for water.

13. #93 Dony, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
    Our government is corrupt plain and simple. 

14. I am an mmj that don't think it should be legalized states are only in it for the money I see our IQ dropping 20 points as soon as it passes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

But when the "change" you are accepting is COMING from those whom BROUGHT you the "staus quo:"

what changed? Nothing. You were fed a line of B.S. to accept something that SOUNDS good and will just fold cannabis into the status quo like everything else. And insisting that you and I will rally in the courts to change any laws that are passed to take on the largest corporations in the world is pure fallacy. That is their playground you're walking right into. Good luck.

16. #96 dekabos, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014

Our own storm cloud. Your obsessive pessimism again overshadows your valid points. 

17. I dont think anybody is trying to be a storm cloud. Its just some people dont really fall for the "status quo". Do you honestly like being instructed on how,what, when, where, how often, how much, what type, of something you may use or enjoy? Why should a plant that grows just like any other plant on earth be so controlled? Because of the money. If you buy a blue berry bush from a retailer you probably pay a state sales tax. No big deal, goes to your state, end of tax issue. You grow your blue berries, pick them, put some on your cereal, in your yogurt, however you enjoy them, you enjoy them year after year. Maybe even grow some more bushes from the same first bush. Woohoo blue berries galore!!! Now lets say you get your bush, grow your berries but now, each time you pick them you have to pay the government a tax per a set weight. No matter if for personal use or sale. Each time you pick some, you pay them. Also, any new bush grown from the first one, you have to pay a tax for the bush and any berries picked from the bush. That is, if the breeder of the first bush hadnt made it genetically impossible to grow new bushes first. So, you would be ok with this?? Now, lets take tobacco. Perfectly legal AND perfectly legal to grow IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD!! Imagine that, a plant that is ok to grow, consume, has absolutely no health benefits, in fact causes death from disease, but you want to grow it? No problem, go ahead. Cannabis on the other hand, list your own benefits here, oh yeah, no deaths, schedule 1, hmmmm, go figure. Need a hint?? Money and control. And i ask again, your ok with the "status quo"? Im not.
    I just want to grow what i want to grow when i want to grow where i want to grow however much i want to grow and to use and/or cunsume said product at my leisure with no one saying oh no, YOU cant. Now thats MY fucking status quo. You dig?

Dig this, that's how it is for 99% of plants already. We're working on it with this favorite of ours, but like I said before: it's a process.

Now where it's legalized and regulated, it's just a matter of sensibly deregulating it. The most brazen attempts at regulatory overreach have thus far seemed to collapse in on themselves pretty reliably. Public perception is a-changin'. We'll see how long it takes.

19. Say what???!!! I dont remember paying taxes every spring on the raspberries i pick alongside the road. What do you mean by thats how it is for 99% of the plants??? And when im pulling carrots from my garden, Uncle Sam isnt tapping my shoulder with his hand out. On top of that, ive never had a doctor write me a prescription for a chefs salad and told me which drugstore and whuch pharmacuetical companies blend i am allowed to purchase. And how long it takes?? I would say that 77 years of brainwashed hypocrisy has been long enough. Once again i will put it in a nutshell: Its all about money, power, and control. Those who have the money, have the power and take control. If you let them take control, as they did 77 years ago through hyprocrisy and scare tactics, they will gain power to increase their wealth by continuing their tactic of "we are the government and only we know whats best for you" way of thinking.

20. until cannabis is classified as a dietary substance you cannot compare it to food plants. unfortunately, unlike you and your independent mindset people are lazy and want someone else to do all the work for them while the lazy people sit like kings ( albeit dependent kings ) and take in the fruit of others labor. In America ask anyone you know how to get clean water without it being pumped from other people and look at their response. even the most needed and simple thing in life as clean water is beyond the scope of most people in America