The DEAs Response To Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thebeaver50, Jan 18, 2014.

1. You really belive that.
    Wow. Thoroughly confused.

2. Watch

3. In my 50's and been watching this from a front row seat in CA since the early 70's.  You have Rick Perry saying that he will start working on a rehab instead of jail option and call it decriminalization.  We had a voter initiative decrim of less than an oz on the ballot in the early 70's.  So basically, you're over 40 years behind.  Since I might not live long to see what you are predicting will happen, why don't you explain how "the whole weed thing was a back up plan to make money if our country was ever in a pickle."  Here's your chance to explain it to us all Boi.

4. Is there an ignore button on this thing?Sent from somewhere over there. No, not there...over THERE.

5. That was brilliant.  OK - it's all about the money and the pickle is we have a $17 trillion dollar debt.  The highest weed revenue estimates I've seen for a legal national market are $200 billion per year.  If the feds got half of that in taxes, it would take 170 years to pay off at no interest and assuming a balanced budget.   Weed becomes legal, MMJ is supplied by pharm and the pickle lives on and grows larger and larger.

6. #66 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    Well there you go. That is how you present a argument Tejas. You might learn this In your 10th grade English class this year.
    So does he just tell everyone to suck his dick when he doesn't have a logical response

7. would you actually expect them to WORK ?? all "civil servants" are required to take the easy route , if they didn't they might actually  accomplish something meaningful & we can't have that can we ???

Um...AS a Civil Servant I should take offense at that, but I know enough of my coworkers make the stereotype fairly solid that I really can't argue.

I, of course, am a hard worker and am trying to make things better every day.  :bolt: 

9. [quote name="TejasBoi" post="19436674" timestamp="1391114196"]Explain my opinion?Why? So you can tell me how in the 40's when you were a lad everyone was praying to Jesus to wipe out the devils plant off the face of this earth.But you knew better! You knew the benefits of mother nature and decide to smoke anyways.. You were a rebel!Now when a young'in has an opinion you bash him and him that "back in my days" bullshit..Look old man, I gave my opinion..If you don't like it suck my dick with your dentures out.It's just something that I've notice.Government patents, the confirmation from the president that they won't go after legit dispensaries, the legalization of recreational uses in 2 states.. The legalization of medical MM in many more.For what? The people??Your stupid if you believe that. It's about the money! Or did they not have money back in the good ol days?[/quote]I was a freshman in high school once, too...

10. few things in life are 100% true , but as you say you know enough of your coworkers who fit this stereotype to make my statement true (very sad but true) . I know some civil servants who are diligent & good employees but the 1 in a 10,000 find it hard to make a difference or change things  & I feel my statement applies to ALL facets of government & the employees ; perhaps if the few good ones keep at it , one day in the never to happen future they can rid themselves of the shitheads ????

11. #71 XxAirDalexX, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    The only reason the fucking DEA is scared because they will loose there jobs once the gov figures out how huge a fucking waste they are

12. he forgot to add that they are actually scared of losing 60-80% of their budget which goes to fighting marijuana.

13. #73 floating_by, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    Bah. They shift budgets all the time. They aren't worried in the least. And all the "legalization" laws will mean they are more "relevant" than ever. Almost all of these legalization laws have the lion's share of taxation going to law enforcement and prohibitionist special interest. Meanwhile, none of the other laws pertaining to propety seizure etc. will have changed, so business will still be good.

14. I don't get why people fail to realize this.

15. The new propaganda tells everyone everything they want to hear.

16. can we make "thoroughly confused" a thing lol.

17. Kids and suckers eat that shit up. Co legal system. 80% of that tax is going to regulation and enforcement. Lol. Like they are afraid they are really going to be losing money and job. Think a little bit here kids.

18. I know, I read the proposed OK bill the kids are excited about and same revenue structure there.
    Shit, in our state, decrim'd since the 1970's, the police and the prosecutors get....drumroll.......80%.
    No surprise that both DEM and REP governors both pander to the police unions here and won't even budge to allow medical.

19. I know people are excited about any form of legalization...and in reality any legalization is progress...but I have some words of wisdom from ron Swanson..."I have some tomatoes....would you like some?' 'Yes...here is some money!' This is as complicated as it should ever be to start a business in this country!"

He is right! If you have home grown marijuana to sell....anyone should be able to buy it with no restrictions. That would be true freedom!

20. #80 claygooding, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    Since the DEA has never had proof that marijuana was more dangerous than alcohol as they have claimed by putting marijuana in Schedule 1 in the first place,,,after the DEA was created no "true" scientific studies  have been allowed,,the FDA requires any substance must have studies on the "benefits of the substance AND the harms" so they can be compared to see if the benefits outweigh the harms before being approved as a medicine..

,Nida admitted that their agency does only harm studies,half research and  half science as justification for placing  cannabis in Schedule 1 and renders all research by any federal agency concerning drug policy  corrupted and although they  have a free pass from the DOJ,Congress and the Supreme Court,,they did not  get a free pass from the voters.

The only scientific research of organic cannabis is one done before the DEA was created(1972) and took control of any research or study of organic cannabis.

It has come full circle.

http://druglibrary.net/schaffer/Library/studies/nc/nc.ZIP