The DEAs Response To Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thebeaver50, Jan 18, 2014.

1. The jaws of their worst nightmares are leaping at their heels. :smoke:

2. It would be funny if popular mechanics made another "billion dollar crop" article like before it was banned...this time about recreational marijuana

3. [quote name="GazzaOak" post="19362559" timestamp="1390047347"]I would say that the US is just equally oppressive as north korea.....not really the land of the free if the US government want to be an asshat[/quote]here's a, crazy thought. kim jung un reforms real quick, gets on with some rich capitalism, builds resorts in a year & becomes Cuba. or, the northeastern Asia version. I'm baked. but I'm serious. then he makes north Korea the pot & gambling destination in the world & says "Wuuuuuut!" to the world. with Dennis Rodman at his side.Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. once legal it will balance out cost wise because the novelty will wear off and common sense will prevail and people will see how they are spending money on a plant that can grow in the yard for free. but we spend our money on that already, how many people do you know who grow their own food? not many so there will always be a market from the lazy people ( which unfortunately is almost everyone in america) to buy what they need instead of produce it themselves. it is guaranteed that people living 100 floors up are not growing themselves, how can they? 

5. #25 thebeaver50, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014

I agree with most of what you said there but the part about " the lazy people ( which unfortunately is almost everyone in america) to buy what they need instead of produce it " - that's extremely judgmental . 

No no no there are tons of reasons why someone might not grow it . What about the guy who makes 100K a year and does not have the time too grow because he is working and rolling around in $100 dollar bills or the disabled person who cant grow . 

"I have to say this...going down the path to legalization in this country is reckless and irresponsible," he said. "I'm talking about the long term impact of legalization in the United States. It scares us."

It scares them that their revenue will shrink by more than half if pot is legal in all states. 

I wouldn't believe anything that Popular Mechanics says.  That publishing declared that all three world trade center buildings imploded due to steel softening and pancaking. 

8. I expected his point of view.  What I thought was disgusting was his theatrics - made my stomach turn.  I thought he was going to break down and start ballin' like Boehner.

9. Legal alcohol and cigarettes scares me....oh wait Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #30 Galaxy420, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014

that will be the great divide-  the person who sees the plant as growing free in the yard and the worth they place upon the plant and the millionaire who sees the plant as dollar signs. regardless of the millionaire or the person who grows because they have no money the plant is the same but the plants worth is different between the two.

no mater how you slice those two scenarios the plants worth will be completely different from each perspective.

once the novelty wears off it is just another plant growing in the ground...

11. #31 thebeaver50, Jan 19, 2014

yes and you also have to think globally .  Globally this plant will never be legal in our lifetime . there are just to many religions and close minded people im afraid . We could be a major exporter of Hemp and Cannabis products for the rest of the world at least for a while .

12. #32 Galaxy420, Jan 19, 2014
    I meet people everyday with their pre conceived I've come to this place and know everything blinders on and you can beat them on the head with truth but the blinders stay put, I have my own set of blinders on (ego) all the time.  if cannabis connects the planet just from the commonality of its plant life I'm all for it. sign me up!

wow....you are one ignorant little shit.

14. hahaha..... but hey, aren't im right.....

15. By taking it off the streets the children will win!!  A drug dealer may or may not care who he/she sales to as long as they make money, kids included.  Legalization will take this out of the equation, where you gotta be 18-21 to get pot, with an id.  Kids do drink underage, but it is much harder with it being legal than illegal since drug dealers dont put an age limit on who can provide a profit to them. 

But yes the DEA is scared, they should be!  Their entire deparmtent was original created against pot, so yes they do not want this. 

16. What exactly is the long term affects that he says scares him

17. They are scared because the "war on drugs" is just a welfare system for the D.E.A.  Without weed to battle they get billions less each year. Gotta keep those awesome salleries coming in at the demise of the American people. 

18. [quote name="todderfran" post="19376167" timestamp="1390258670"]They are scared because the "war on drugs" is just a welfare system for the D.E.A. Without weed to battle they get billions less each year. Gotta keep those awesome salleries coming in at the demise of the American people. [/quote]And this my friends sum it all up. No need to look any further then this. It's a numbers games.. And the DEA want to receive the highest numbers. Pot bustArrestManpowerMoney!

19. I think this idiot is scared because he knows his budget is going to be slashed when we are no longer persecuting innocent people.

think how these people will feel years later when they look back and realize all humans can be healthier from clean cannabis and they were preventing millions of people from experiencing that health with their unclean views.