The DEAs Response To Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by thebeaver50, Jan 18, 2014.

1. DEA admits marijuana legalization 'scares us'

A top official at the US Drug Enforcement Administration has said that legalizing marijuana, a drug that a majority of Americans are now in favor of decriminalizing, is "reckless and irresponsible."

James L. Capra, the chief of operations at the DEA, was responding to a question from a senator Wednesday when he admitted authorities are nervous about the prospect of legalization measures, which are becoming more popular throughout the US after decriminalization initiatives passed in Colorado and Washington.

"I have to say this...going down the path to legalization in this country is reckless and irresponsible," he said. "I'm talking about the long term impact of legalization in the United States. It scares us."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUsU_YHhIY

2. Democracy my ass. Sounds like we live in a dictatorship. Sent from my SCH-R760 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. wont someone think of the children?!

4. #4 thebeaver50, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  5. that dude should take some xanax and calm down...

but kicking in non violent citizens doors, and hauling them off to jail is not reckless and irresponsible..

7. Government is a fucking joke.

8. #8 cball, Jan 18, 2014
    the last time they repealed a prohibition they said the same things...mof..they do it every time... :laughing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repeal_of_Prohibition

history has an odd way of repeating itself for those that forget... :bongin:

9. Oh how the pirates fight when their boat is sinking. I love it.

10. Some random: "Oh, won't someone think of the children"

My response: Pull out a shotgun and shoot you "shut the fuck up"

But anyways..... boy don't the DEA love communism..... you should suck kim jong un cock..... hehe..... maybe kim jong un won't let the DEA suck his cock, because weed is legal there..... hahaha

Kim jong un > US government and DEA...... fuck yeah

11. fucking shill

Yea tell that to the people who staved there in the 1990s during the famines

13. At least weed is legal there..... eh....

Yea that makes living under an oppressive despot unnoticeable. 

15. I'd be scared too. It's way easier to pump their numbers up to make easy busts on non violent pot growers, than say some tweakers doing dangerous stuff. Those guys are probably a lot more of a hassle to deal with than some random person growing some plants.

Maybe they will spend some time going after the more dangerous drugs on the streets. But that's a scary thought.

You'd think they forgot about them entirely as much of a stink as they are making over the money they are about to lose.

17. I would say that the US is just equally oppressive as north korea.....

not really the land of the free if the US government want to be an asshat

18. Im from Australia so my viewpoint may not be correct but...Marijuana legalisation, which coinsides with alcohol and tobacco, will be taxed greatly and could be a very possible way to 'try' and claw their (US Goverment) way out of their Debt. This will take years to completely make it out and at the rate their spending rates are going will barely help at all. THE US GOVERNMENT IS FUCKING UP THE ECONOMY. I have noticed in Australia and they are not alone, but the police forces are being militarized, greatly thanks to a few governments that are not helping our world out! #LegaliseNatureSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #19 GazzaOak, Jan 18, 2014
    I'm from Australia myself, and my mum boyfriend would often joke about Australia being a "double dictatorship". And im sure the US and UK is like that

20. I'm surprised this man can sit down straight with all the money the phramacutial is putting In his back pocket.