The Dead

Discussion in 'General' started by AK Infinity, May 15, 2006.

1. On 9-11-2001

2,986 people were killed senselessly in a brutal act of terrorism

Since then, many more than that have been killed in a senseless act of imperialism

Iraq & Afghanistan

The Dead - 245,464
    The Maimed - 521,750

But hey fellow stoners, it's only a number right? How many more have to die for a lie?

“For behind all imperialism is ultimately the imperialistic individual, just as behind all peace is ultimately the peaceful individual.”
    <O:p</O:p

~Irving Babbitt~<O:p</O:p

2. deffinitly thought this was going to be about the grateful dead lol

3. "At least 618,000 Americans died in the Civil War, and some experts say the toll reached 700,000. The number that is most often quoted is 620,000. At any rate, these casualties exceed the nation's loss in all its other wars, from the Revolution through Vietnam.
    The Union armies had from 2,500,000 to 2,750,000 men. Their losses, by the best estimates:
    Battle deaths: \t110,070
    Disease, etc.: \t250,152
    Total \t360,222

The Confederate strength, known less accurately because of missing records, was from 750,000 to 1,250,000. Its estimated losses:
    Battle deaths: \t94,000
    Disease, etc.: \t164,000
    Total \t258,000"

I dont understand, all these people who are saying the goverment is 100% corrupt, lied about 9/11.. Why would you belive them when they give you the death counts? You belive them then?

4. as did i, and i don't even like the dead

5. Yeah, me three. but I LOVE the grateful dead. and just for the record The Grateful Dead and The Dead are two diff. bands, some of the same members. I still see dead shows but none will beat the original lineup.

6. And to think, all in the name of globalism and the collective greed of a few very powerful men.

7. I wish the title could have been about something as benign as the "Grateful Dead" but I'm actually referring to the wholesale slaughter of human beings.

8. seconded

9. Why don't you post more often?

You seem like a really intelligent person.

Intelligence and articulation make for some good conversations.

10. First point, these death statistics aren't from the government which is why they are more accurate and far bigger than we've heard. Second point, the government isn't the real problem bro it's the lethargy of the populace that's the real problem. The people aren't demanding more out of the politicians that govern them. It's a very easy thing to do to blame the federal government for the ills of society but it's another thing altogether to look in the mirror and address ourselves as equal participants in the outcome.

Last point, Mr. Bush is a symptom of a greater malaise that has set in, the type that gets a lot of innocent people killed and allows the guilty to roam free and issue terror threats. I guess it's really all about the type of government we really want because we can debate American foreign policy until we're blue in the face but it won't change what's fundamentally wrong.

Anyway...just a thought.

"Democracy is not something you believe in or a place to hang your hat, but it's something you do. You participate. If you stop doing it, democracy crumbles."

~Abbie Hoffman~

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few."

~George Bernard Shaw~

Stay green!

11. dude thought this was about the grateful dead

amazing band

i'm :smoking:

other amazing bands from general: The Association, The Lovein' Spoonful, The Turtles, The Everly Brothers, The Free Design, The Critters, The Trade Winds, The Kinks (early years), The Mamas and Papas, The Monkees, Sagittarius, Os Mutantes, Yellow Balloon, and of course The Beatles & The Beach Boys.

Iraq? THat's the only word I read in the post.

Invade Mars Not Iraq! (The Flaming Lips)

12. No Jerry Garcia, no deal

13. Why do we let the government that is supposed to be run by us control us. They manipulate minds into thinking what they do is "for the people", but really is just the currupt minds of a bunch of lunitics. Half of them don't even know what they talk about or what they are voting for. In Farinhite 9/11 they addmitted to only glancing over the Partriot act. Now all our right have been taken away. It is only know people are relizing that the government is doing this. Many of the people who supported the war and the Partriot act are now seeing what they did has fucked them over. Thousand of people are dying, Iraqu is not any better, everyone hates the US. We have a dumb fucking government right now.

14. "Until they become conscious they will never rebel, until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious."
    ~ George Orwell

15. such true words

16. Have you read the book '1984' by Orson Wells, Dark_Angers? I think you'd enjoy it.

If reading isn't your thing, check this site out: www.infowars.com

17. I'll check the book out. Thx

18. If only the American people would open their eyes to the world around them maybe things could be different, but until we're willing to be honest with ourselves safety and security aren't realistic goals no matter how many people we bomb. Either we all work towards a mutually beneficial goal or none do, but make no mistake about it the "human destiny" is shared by all of us.

"All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."

~George Orwell~

Grasscity Deals Near You