The day has come!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Perihelion, Oct 3, 2008.

1. So today I went with both my parents to my psychologist to begin the process of diagnosing my possible Attention Deficit Disorder. Over the years it has been brought up, and finally now that I am older and more mature I have succumb to the understanding that I likely DO infact have it, seeing as my brother and father do.

So after we chat for a while, my mother brings up the issue of 'Well a few years ago R & K were caught smoking marijuana' and a light literally went on in my brain...THIS WAS THE TIME TO MAKE MY MOVE:
    So as many of you hopefully know, cannabis can in fact help treat some symptoms of A.D.D. and seeing as this was an appointment regarding said issue, I took the opportunity to say the following:

"Okay, well I'd like to start by saying, I feel I am thoroughly more knowledgeable on the topic of cannabis, and would like to share an interesting fact with you (parents). Cannabis has actually been proven to treat some symptoms of A.D.D. ...(more unimportant jargen)"

and my Psychologist flat-out agreed with me. She even continued to talk about how her children all experimented with marijuana, and that it is no more harmful of a self-medication issue than caffeine, etc.
    I believe that I truly opened both of my parents eyes today, and have finally lifted a huge burden from not only mine, but their shoulders as well.
    They finally understand that it isn't a bad thing.

Hopefully you can all understand the significance of having the people you love most finally accept an important part of your life.

Now, we did go on to discuss how she's not going to write me a scrip to go smoke weed, but ONE SMALL STEP LEADS TO THE NEXT!

Thanks for your time GC : - )

2. I congradulate u, but at the same time you lucky bastard! my mom was a bitch about that, and always will be even though she knows its not bad for you she just says its illegal so you cant do it blah blah blah.

3. you lucky lucky bastard

4. Yeah, my psychologists would never go for that. I don't have one right now but my old ones were always like DRUGS ARE BAD!