The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Phamas, Oct 28, 2010.

1. That's the name of the third film.

The Riddler isn't the Villain.

It won't be in 3-D.

=

Christopher Nolan is a genius. Can't wait for this one.

2. Eh, the title could've been more original.

3. I'm sold

4. Me too. 3d is gay.

Based on his comment, there will be a new villain in batman universe.

5. Nolan said a while ago (before Inception was released) that 3D was a fad and detracted from image quality--a fair point, as hyped as Avatar was it did suffer from blurriness. I would count on anything released by him to not be 3D.

I don't think he meant that there will be a new villain in the universe, but rather that he will be using some that hadn't been seen in film yet. Something he's been doing for a while now anyway, with Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow, for example.

6. Thank god re: Nolans comment on 3d. I hate that tacky third film 3d crap.

Excited for a new batman villain! Who knows it could be Mr. Freeze again, Penguin or Harley Quinn + a new joker

7. Not Mr. Freeze.

8. My money is on the following for villians

Black Mask
    Cat Woman
    Hush
    Penquin

Obviously not all of them, but id say we will probably see 1 for sure, 2 probably

9. bane would be legit

too bad they butchered him in that horrible film

10. damn not releasing till July 20th, 2012 though thats gunna be awhile lol

cant wait though and I'm glad its not in 3d

i've never seen a 3d movie before ... i've watched a match on a sony 3d tv and it sucked I think the idea is far from perfected and I dont think 3d is meant for tv and movies

when I'm talking 3d I'm talkin disney world and universal studios with shit really poppin out you knooo :)

11. For certain shows/movies it makes it more enjoyable, like I went and saw Jackass 3d with some friends and it was pretty cool. But when I saw Avatar in 3d it just annoyed me.

12. i vote for penguin

13. haha damn thats funny too cause I soon as I saw that jackass was in 3D I told my sister I might have to go see a 3D movie cause I had a feeling it would be good for it

thanks for letting me know i'll be goin to see it soon

14. I can't believe all the hate on 3D. I absolutely love it, it really makes you feel immersed in the movie especially when you blaze before you go in which is a must lol. The glasses suck for now but they'll be history soon. A cool thing to integrate into a tv is a 3D slider like the new nintendo 3ds has. You can control the level of 3d effect which is awesome. Technology progresses fast as hell exponentially so it really works in our favor. Don't get me a wrong I love a good storyline but visual effects will get much better too.

15. but theres just some movies that shouldn't be done in 3d.. batman is one of them

16. I wouldn't be surprised to see Harvey Dent back again...even though he "supposedly died" on the last film.

17. Dude he is dead, writers even said so lol

18. Based on my knowledge of the Batman universe, I think that he might be going down the path of using bane.

Most people have a retarded vision of who Bane is within the comics due to the awful schumacher movie. He's actually a genius in the comics, not a drooling idiotic juice pig. That serum he pumps himself full of increases both strength and intellect.

I think they may use the real, interesting Penguin (Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot) as well, the arms dealer that has no problem telling batman who he sold his weapons too.

I'd also love to see Deadshot show up, maybe as a hired gun? My faith is with Nolan, h's yet to dissapoint, whatever he does lol... However, I hate that name, if that's what it will actually be.

19. Man-Bat or Clayface would be interesting. Probably unlikely though.

I could see someone like Firefly being there.

20. Nolan likes to ground his Bat-verse with more realistic themes, so Man-Bat is probably out of the question, as much as I'd like to see him. There are rumors circulating that Killer Croc and Clayface are the potential new villains, which is intriguing. I am hopeful that they go with the Azrael story line, that would be sick if Nolan tackled it.