The Dank Chefs Stank Kitchen

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by *-_Chef_-*, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Hey folks!

I had a thread for my first grow, it went pretty well, but now I'm making this thread to keep track of all my future endeavors.
    Just placed an order for 5 Tutankhamon fem by Pyramid Seeds. Ordered them from the gorilla, which I have never used before, but I've read cool things about the site. Anybody know about how long they usually take to ship to the states?

I'm only going to be growing these 2 at a time but I'm going to try and completely fill out my 4x2x6 tent with a 400w MH for veg and a 400w HPS for flower.

Still going to be running the general hydroponics line and FFOF//Happy frog mix, and this time I'm definitely going to use a Scrog once I make the switch.

2. Subbed straight in, looking forward to seeing how your next one goes after the success last time out. I'm also going to switch to scrog for my second grow using 400W lamps in a similar sized tent (3x3) so will be following closely.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

3. #3 *-_Chef_-*, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    Alright guys, so my seeds have shipped and they are on their way to the US, now I just gotta get through the nerve wracking part of waiting for it to get through customs... ugh...

Anywho, I went ahead and got my site rebuilt today. Still using my 4x2x6 tent and all my fans, but this time around I'm only going to grow 2 plants in 5 gallon buckets instead of 3 plants in 3 gallon pots.

Setup.jpg

Got a little crafty here. This is my veg bucket creation for early veg and seedling.

Veg Bucket.jpg

In case you cant tell from the pic, that is a 5 gallon Lowes bucket with an inverted 1 gallon pot inside of it, and a 16 ounce solo cup on top underneath 2 clamp lights, each holding one 60Watt equivalent spiral CFL bulb. I didn't want to give the plants too much light to start with so I probably won't even start using the 400W MH until two or three weeks into true veg.

Honestly though, my initial plan was just to go straight into the 1 gallon pots after germination. I should probably just find something to put under the 1 gallon buckets inside of the big 5 gallons to raise them up high enough so that the plants are within effective range of the spirals.

Also I got a question.... How the hell do I get a vertical picture to stay vertical when I upload it on here?

4. Looking good.

How was the smoke from your first grow? Is it done curing yet?

Not sure about the pics. I just attached them using Tapatalk and they stay vertical.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

5. Finally!!!

Attached Files:

6. 2/2 germinated. Planting tomorrow or wednesday

7. New babies!!!

Attached Files:

8. Day 4 of veg

Attached Files:

9. Hey flux! Sorry about the delayed response, guess it just sort of slipped my mind.

The smoke from the first grow was alright. I've definitely payed premium for worse on the streets before but it wasn't the best I have ever smoked by a long shot. Ended up being just over 6 ounces cured. Overall I am happy with that grow though. Where I live 6 ounces might fetch 3 grand on the streets and I only invested about 500 into the grow and thats including all of my equipment. Doesn't matter where you're from I call that a success.

Anyway, heres the Tut's on day 8 of veg.

Day8.jpg

Roots are already starting to swirl in the bottom which is just blowing my mind, the first grow at this point was just barely starting to show roots on the outsides of the cup, and at 2 weeks when I transplanted they definitely werent pooling up in the bottom. Making my anxious to see how bushy I can get these girls in the 5 gal buckets. I'll probably end up transplanting into 1g pots in the next couple days, probably let them veg in those for a couple weeks before I go into the 5's and set up the scrog

10. Transplanting tonight. Will post pics later

11. 6 ounces is great for sure, good job.

12. Day 12 first transplant.

Attached Files:

13. Day 15 of veg. Did the first topping today.

Attached Files:

14. Been a little while since I updated, sorry.

Anyway today is day 22 of veg, I went ahead and LST'd the main stalk 90 degrees to get the 2 new tops from my training level with the rest of the nodes. Also, I topped some of the side nodes that were getting a little tall.

So far with this strain, I'm just amazed at how well they are veging. They literally sprouted just 3 weeks ago and I've already counted 12 tops on both plants!

I've only just started introducing extra nutrients this week, and its only been about a 200PPM strength and they aren't looking deficient at all.

I'll get some pics up later tonight once the tops turn back up towards the light so I can really get a good look at my canopy

15. And heres the pic after the lst recovery

Attached Files:

16. Looks great man. That strain looks like it is going to grow like a sativa, so expect a massive stretch.

17. It is supposed to be a 60/40 sativa hybrid. Was kind of surprised at how fat the leaves were

18. Day 26 of veg. Might start flowering cycle Thursday

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Day5.jpg
    Day 5 of flower, got the mesh set up today.

Picked up some Hawaiian Bud PK boost from the grow store today aswell, but I wont be adding that until week 4.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Day6, saw a couple pre flowers :D The scrog is filling out nicely! Day6.jpg