The Current State On Cannabis And The Facts!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Backa_, Oct 3, 2017.

1. TO START THIS ONE OFF! First I'm going to start with this quote
    Home Office Spokesperson - "There is a substantial body of scientific and medical evidence to show that cannabis is a harmful drug which can damage people's mental and physical health. :cautious: The UK's approach on drugs remains clear – we must prevent drug use in our communities and support people dependent on drugs through treatment and recovery." - What about my nan who's dependant on drugs (alcohol) where's her treatment? You can see where I'm going with this... DRUGS - a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
    No wonder people (especially people 30+ onwards that have have been brainwashed by the government and medias propganda) but you already knew that.
    Before Legalisation Is Even Considered...
    We need to educate people on the facts, while yes a small percentage have adverse effects to weed and if you do it's not for you! What's always bothered me is how alcohol is legal and weed isn't (I like a drink myself on special occasions like Christmas not knocking anyone for that) Some people would be more suited to weed (my mum likes a drink everytime she's off work and she goes for it if you know what I mean) Whenever she's drunk she picks fights, bringing up my past and loves to argue... You probably all know someone like that) She recently using the druggie comment in her agruements saying go get stoned... as if that offends me :cautious: Anyways rant over...
    I was speaking to a friend of mine on video call one-day smoking a blunt I'm 18 she's 17 (gives you the idea of age range) her words were "Connor omg no that's bad why you doing drugs that's bad" It still amazes me that people even now are still being brainwashed and don't know or want to listen to that facts, because our government couldn't possibly lie to us and our parents...Well that's where people are wrong. They're protecting the pharmaceutical companies because they will lose big money with legalisation. Whenever I someone says that weed is bad I'll always correct and provide the facts. I would never force it upon somebody to smoke it but I think we as humans need to educate our peers.
    Some of the people including myself that now smoke weed used to be the same people that said weed was bad because It's a drug. As soon as someone hears drugs alarm bells ring!
    ...IT'S A GATEWAY DRUG
    Now this comment you'll all recognize as a counter especially amongst older people. It's not their fault that the government lied... maybe not lied but didn't know as much as they do now!
    In a sense It can be a gateway drug hear me out! Some dealers are junkies and do take other substances that are harmful unlike weed and may persuade you to try other substances. That's not directly the fault of cannabis. We could combat this like other countries have by legalising it and either allowing dispensaries to open up or personal use growing.
    I have been smoking for 5ish months (not long I know) I would never touch any other substance infact since smoking weed I've stopped taking my normal presription tablets (dexamfetamine sulfate and Risperidone for my mild Autism) I have I highly addictive personality but I can easily stop smoking weed like that!
    Some Cool Facts!
    1. It’s physically impossible to overdose
    2. Obesity rates are 35% lower in weed users
    Legalizing cannabis in the UK would earn £4+ billion in tax revenue
    4. 160+ million people in the world use cannabis
    5. Couples that smoke together are less likely to experience domestic violence
    6.Uruguay became, in 2013, the first country in the world to make it legal to grow, sell and consume marijuana

Comment down below if there's anything else you want me to add?!:thankyou:

• Like Like x 1
  2. well i can agree with number five, my wife and i have been together for close to 15 years, smoking everyday together, and i havent once ever wanted to beat her lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've seen it first hand... My mums ex used to beat her, he started smoking and all was good until my mum found out and stopped him from smoking. Then It went back to the usual.

4. i love family guy lol

5. here is the current state and most likely future too

Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
    Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3

Patent US6630507 - Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

More
    The Endocannabinoid System: An Osteopathic Perspective
    The Endocannabinoid System: An Osteopathic Perspective | The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. More facts= phyto-cannabinoids are Food! phyto-cannabinoids are in fact termed - secondary metabolites... that means we need them as a nutrient source and cannot make them ourselves without ingestion...
    Secondary metabolite - WikiVisually
    we have primary metabolites that are made in us and are fundamental to our survival
    Primary metabolite - WikiVisually

how cannabinoids work.... phyto-cannabinoids are signalling molecules that allow calcium and proteins to enter into the cell wall membrane freely uninhibited except when FAAH stalls signalling FAAH ... Bio-active molecular compounds do this because they have the correct shape, structure,size and weight to activate/De-activate receptor cavities on the cell surface leading into intracellular retrograde transmissions that maintains the homeostasis of the cell.... Add up all th ecells in you that have receptor capacity to signal with and every cell communicating with each other to keep you as a whole organism and you have equilibrium physics or energy flow
    A FAR FROM EQUILIBRIUM THERMODYNAMIC PERSPECTIVE OF METABOLICALLY GENERATED FREE RADICALS AS THE FOUNDATION OF HOMEOSTASIS
    Signal_transduction
    lipophilic compound at DuckDuckGo
    The Endocannabinoid System, Cannabinoids, and Pain

7. Intrested reading, reading that just says that It has medical use (I use it both medically and recreationally) It's the psychoactive part that mainly help me with my mental health issues (SPD, OCD and AD HD) trouble is the UK still denies it medical benefits! That's the torys for you :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 2
  8. sounds like you're in the bass akwards zone of the controllers too in UK... just think the exact opposite and you'll see the truth.. a reverse philosophy paradigm. Like, cannabis has no medical value= false... thc is the bad guy = false... any bioactive compound can be a negative if you use it incorrectly but what is incorrect is subjective to each individual... take care man, peace

9. Salutations Galaxy420,

Sorry but these days i systematically reject practically everything coming from the United Kingdom, home of Commonwealth's Head Chief on planet Itnoc, mother and father of bigot Victorian anti-cannabic prohibitionism as far as i can tell!...

:cautious:

THC is only 1 out of 104+ cannabinoïds identifed among 545+ compounds in cannabis, although i concur it's not exactly a nuisance i came to conclude that THC-centric genetic cultivation was. Because there's no joy in extremes on the long run: it only supports more bigotry from the enemy camp IMO, because of people with mental conditions who basically can't seem to assume their own abusive actions, etc., which gives us all bad press in self-serving/contemplative mass-media, and more.

As a pro-cannabic consumer who was turned into a self-vilifying agent myself for way too long i can only demand "BIO" with a vast palette of THC/CBD/CBN ratios meeting everyone's requirements/expectations and not just exacerbating THC only varieties. Which is the legacy of a national ban calling for institutionalized state-endorsed stigmatization (and eventually much more!) since 1923 in Canada...

Personally i wish for aroma/taste enhancing the appreciation experience tenfold, self-awareness promoting consumption tools open to "harm reduction" and "conservation", fighting all types of nuisances possible including economical as that's part of the wrong doing attributable to a predatory society ruled by politically spineless bigots!

Etc., etc...

Good day, have fun!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. While I've only highlighted key facts for people new to weed (not wanting to bombard them) and people that are curious we all know these facts! It just annoys me to see people that automatically think cause it's a drug It's bad. Lets face it guys we all know weeds safer than paracetemol etc! The first thing I go to whenever I'm in any pain is weed! Anyone else the same?

11. #13 Egzoset, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Salutations Backa,

It's OKay except by focussing on ways to defend ourselves against bogus "science" it's the enemy who's running the show... That is why basic events of history are important too, since that's where the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionist warriors get their power from, at 1st provincially (1890 in Québec), federally (1923 in Canada) and internationally (1925 at the League of Nations). We can no longuer ignore those facts in my province since Lucie Charlebois (a very bigot health sinister) imported texts from the WHO which were drafted during the COP6/FCTC event of 2014 in Russia, that same one which ended with external observators locked out the very last day. Yet this is the kind of strategy used by the enemy to deny proper democratic debate, which allowed the minister to create Québec's "loi #44" where tobacco, e-Cigs and Vaporizers are practically equivalent. And now her logical next step has been to ban the personal culture of cannabis pretending there ain't gonna be enough money!...

IMO we shouldn't bother defending cannabis too hard as that's rarely where the "danger" comes from. Of course it's much safer than pretty much anything one could consume as a substitute. When i read about those claims about psychological and physical damage i'm tempted to reply instead that it doesn't matter how true or false this is, it still just doesn't justify taking over our public institutions to inflict intense trauma capable of resulting in permanent prejudice, most especially to vulnerable children exactly.

Those 3rd-party intere$ts which never seem accountable for their own wrong-doing need to face some consequences, but that ain't easy: we all know of relatives contaminated by official brain-washing propaganda.

When they talk about "danger" most people forget to mention socio-toxic phenomenons emerging from an environment submitted to intense dynamics, for some obscure reason - like to enforce the law violently via police when it's time to heal through the public health system, etc. It wasn't "stoner$"/"droÿés" who benefited most from THC-centric genetic selections, for example; or who induced artificially-inflated economical distortions by which our successive governments managed to shape the world around us, so we'd become vectors of their sickening legacy ourselves... By actively promoting monster rips, the "buzz" and whatnot, etc.

No minor gets properly educated about alcohol starting with a 40 oz bottle (i hope!), instead we wish our kids will be exposed gradually to alcohol if that's unavoidable: better prepare than be sorry. But then how do young consumers get a pro-cannabic education by self-poisoning themselves, using toxic combustion + paper + glue, Trudeau's mari-caca seasoned with BANNED pesticides, trying to make opaque clouds which spell ABUSE?... One difference here being that alcohol is legal and cannabis is NOT.

Now imagine if cannabis happened to work like music which requires training to acquire "filters" which later open the door to emancipated appreciation. Actually i'm not saying a minor should automatically start exploring cannabis the way we do initiate to alcohol, but i've got to wonder if waiting for 25 years wouldn't be too late and hence that may later translate into the effective Cultural Genocide imagined by self-serving politicians worthy of the Victorian era. What if cannabis requires a suitable initiation just like alcohol to prepare/shield our youth against eventual forms of abuse? What if it's in fact the method of consumption that promotes abuse in the first place?... Now, how about multi-intoxication contaminating the bigot's so-called "scientific" data for decades, because of wood pyrolysys as with paper combustion, etc., etc. What if cannabis also requires that tool to actually influence a user's consumption profile, pushing it away from abuse if that can help it!

And now, my hammer question: what have bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists ever done to address these many issues responsibly?? In The Name Of Children...

[​IMG]

Not to mention sometimes a picture is worth a thousand word, so lets not be too sparse with those! For example tell your oponents about the cruel story of Bounkham Phonesavah:

[​IMG]
    [ abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/05/baby-in-coma-after-police-grenade-dropped-in-crib-during-drug-raid/ ]
    ABC News: Baby in Coma After Police 'Grenade' Dropped in Crib During Drug Raid (2014-May-30)

How do these troubled-mind zealots justify risking the lives of those most vulnerable drug-war victims who they still keep pretending to "save"?

The truth is that for spineless politicians it's just easier to play safe, in other words do whatever they think necessary to protect THEIR very own personal agendas between 2 elections.

As for those voters who kept supporting institutionalized bigot stigmatization for decades it's all too clear to me they'd stop to think this over twice if their vote were making them truly responsible for the escalation of attrocities which simply didn't exist back to 1923, when a proud brave Liberal DOCTOR declared the UNILATERAL TRANSFER of a provincial "compétence" to ban "Indian Hemp" coast to coast.

No need for a reference to paracetemol, just open their eyes if/when they won't/can't listen.

Starting with various parallel discussions on documentaries as "Kids for Cash", then finish them up viewing "Fix-my-Kid"...

M'well, if they're this open to the "truth" on mari-caca, that is.

Good day, have fun!! :D