Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The cure for cotton mouth

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by weedlover2011, Nov 19, 2011.

1. I thought I was the only one. My roommate bought these gold crisp apples a few weeks ago and holy shit I ate like 7 of them after one of my sessions. It was the most amazing thing I have ever eaten.

And my teeth felt really fuckin awesome after eating the apples for some reason. :smoke:

2. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']Cotton mouth is when you dont produce saliva, right? And you do know what salt does to water, right?

So tell me how that is supposed to work[/quote]

I'm not going to argue as I have no fucking clue if it does or doesn't. Rather I will try it out myself and report back.

Just know that cotton mouth has nothing to do with hydration. Drink a fucking gallon before you smoke you'll still get it.

3. #24 Bong n a Blintz, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    It's called a conditioned stimulus I think, your brain knows when your mouth tastes salt it will get dry, in an attempt to prevent this you salivate?

edit: proven by the fact that while I was typing this I thought of sour patch kids and it happened, try it with yourself right now :) lol

4. Fuck that noise just crack open a nice cold Arnie Palmer. :)

5. Monster Rehab.
    And this is coming from a dude who hates all other monster and energy drinks. Redbull included(nasty shit). but those rehabs are tasty

6. [quote name='"samash"'][/quote]

Naww, original ftw.

7. I used to always get cotton mouth. So, i adapted and now i keep myself hydrated all the time, whether im lifted or not, and i just feel better

being hydrated=generally feeling better

8. I hope for this OP that he's a troll, otherwise i feel bad for how stupid a person could be.

Either way, water + fruit = win

9. I find that eating anything with a strong flavour helps, as it increases salivation. That's the reason I eat when I'm high, not necessarily because I'm extremely hungry - that, and the fact that I never actually notice how full I really am. Drinking only gets rid of it for like 5 seconds lol.

10. gum does the trick for me.. so i think i'll just stick with that rather than salty water thanks:)

11. #33 MisticalToker, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    These are great free options, but I recently stumbled upon some very useful Halls. They are basically halls but they are made specifically fir dry mouth. So that same day I told my mom I needed them for, well, I get dry mouth. ;)
    Btw they are called " Halls Refresh for Dry mouth."

12. Ever heard of saline? They make sprays out of it and its the liquid you use in netty pots to hydrate and clean your nose when you have nasal issues. Its balanced salt water so it makes since that it would help with dry mouth. Salt by itself would dehydrate you but a simple rinse could help. Quite being harsh when you really don't know shit.

13. I think it might be possible.

There would be a greater salt concentration in your mouth for a short period, then your body would produce more saliva due to the salt gradient.

So maybe. I might try it and see how it goes.

14. #36 Periced, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
    I started using those when i had a sinus infection, and i wish i'd found them sooner.

Those, are the best thing, in the world.

15. So gatorade (contains plenty of salt) dehydrates you? (sugar diuretic effects aside)

16. Wrong. Your body needs salt. Just not all the time. You only should drink Gatorade when your working out/Playing sports. ( That's what it was made for )
    Because when your active you sweat, what is in sweat? Many things, sweat gets rid of waste in your body, but also salt. Ever notice Gatorade tastes good when you've been working hard, but like shit when your not? That's because it is refreshing this you sweat out, like salt, and since your body needs it, your brain says this shit tastes good. Just like if you haven't eaten for days you could eat grubs Bear Grills style without thinking twice.

17. Little tangerines. I love the bastards

18. My question was rhetorical, the point was that just because water has salt in it doesn't mean it will dehydrate you. It all comes down to the concentration gradient in your body (right down to the glomerulus). Many of the posts before immediately gave the OP shit because "salt dehydrates".