the cure for aids

Discussion in 'General' started by negligent, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sending people to a desert island is much more just :rolleyes:

2. Well, I dont have AIDS but Id love to live on an island! lol:smoke:(no disre. to people with aids:smoking:)

3. sure a tropical island where one could actually LIVE, not a desert

4. hey, you\'re not putting them through the pain of death and suddenly ending ALL hope of some kind of a life. If you only live once, and there is no afterlife, killing them just wouldn\'t be very fair. *Notice the \"ifs\"*

*edit* lol and by desert i just meant lacking life. it can have plants and stuff....you wouldn\'t wanna torture them

5. Geez, I go away for a couple of days, and you guys get stupid on me! Yeah, it\'s me, the Gay Blade again. The kneejerk attitude you guys have about putting all the people with AIDS in one place and then doing away with them is probably the single most ignorant thing I\'ve read on these boards. Besides the blatant and hostile bigotry that\'s apparent in the idea, it\'ll never work. You\'re talking about testing EVERYONE... well, there goes our legal rights out the door again! Mandatory testing is impossible. Plus you guys obviously don\'t know about false positives, false negatives, and so many other unpublicized factors. Any one of you could have a false positive test and be thrown in with the rest of the \'tainted people\'. Then there are all those people who have the virus but it hasn\'t developed into full blown AIDS and won\'t show symptoms for decades. How are you going to catch them? And what about the disease coming right back again through human/simian contact? What are you going to do then? Round up all the other primates and test them?!

A much better idea would be to find a way to kill the disease, not the people who have the disease. Then maybe we wouldn\'t have to worry everytime we had sex without a condom, or shoot up using an unsanitary needle, or have to deal with ignorant fucks who think that genocide is an acceptable ideal.

6. damn yall are taking this too seriously, besides there will never be a cure for aids or cancer, how many billions of dollars has gone into studies and aint shit came about yet? think about it, chemo for example, it doesnt necessarily always get rid of cancer, but it does a damn good job of prolonging life for your insurance or self to have to pay for the treatment and meds. because without serious illness such as aids and cancer the government loses mad fuckin cash for prescription drugs and treatments, it would do serious financial damage to hospitals and pharmaceutical companies

gotta think realistically, its population control that makes money, and that in itself is worse than genocide in my book.

edit: notice that all the diseases that kill within a short period of time are easily cureable for the most part? i aint a doctor so i dont know alot about diseases, please correct me if i\'m wrong

7. Well, of course I\'m going to take it seriously. Nothing in your post instructs me to think of it as a humorous suggestion. And what you\'ve suggested has been suggested in earnest before from different sides of the global debate. So tell me, why we shouldn\'t take it all seriously?
    What do you know about \"back in the day\"? You couldn\'t have been more than a toddler when AIDS hit the US...

8. ur right i dont know anything about back in the day, i\'m not sayin i do, haha i jus got that from austin powers where he gets out of bein frozen n wants to \"shag\" without a condom and venessa (i think that was her name) tells him how thats in the past due to mad diseases

but i even acknowledged in the initial post that my idea would never be put into effect, it was just an unrealistic idea that would greatly reduce the amount of people with hiv, me n my friend were just talking about the idea n i posted it

i\'ma let a few more people post and then i\'m deleting this thread cuz its a bit more controversial than i thought it would be

9. in before delted!

10. This thread is horrible and I\'ve only read the first post. It was reported and I agree with it being reported. It\'s being closed. I\'m going to read it completely and then go from there.

11. Well, I read it.

Forget giving those with AIDS a lethal injection. The world would be a better place if those that are ignorant got the injection.

Threads like this start out as a bad scene and end even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.