The Creation of The Den ( In Progress )

Discussion in 'General' started by TheOriginalMad, Dec 15, 2011.

1. So Ive recently embarked on the journey to transform my crawlspace into an area to chill, game and smoke. It is to small to stand up in and was covered in mouse shit and dust when I started. I also had a budget of $0 so everything I will be doing is made from materials and possessions that I already have.

Log:

Day 1:

[​IMG]

This is what the entrance to the crawlspace looked like when I started my project.

[​IMG]

Left Side.

[​IMG]

Right Side.

I spent the first day clearing all of the objects out of the crawlspace. It was mostly wood, lawn chairs, Tupperware lids and florescent light bulbs.

[​IMG]

I had a little mishap and cut myself with a sheet of glass, which then shattered all over the floor.

[​IMG]

Paper towel wrap cause band aids are for pussies.

[​IMG]

Hardest thing to move was this fish tank filled with equipment and rocks.

Day 2:

[​IMG]

This was the entrance when I started day 2 of cleaning. It was mostly cleared of objects but was dirty as shit with mouse feces on the right side.

[​IMG]

I took out this wooden shelf that was taking up the whole left side.

[​IMG]

I swept most of the dust up and vacuumed just about everything. I then sprayed the entire crawlspace with a mixture of water and bleach and let it sit overnight.

Day 3:

[​IMG]

Today I recruited my little sister to come hold these sheets while I stapled them in place.

[​IMG]

Yes that is a Pokemon bed sheet blocking off the storage area. That's just how I roll.

[​IMG]

Needs some work around the light but for right now I'm leaving it.

The Den is ready to be furnished which I will be doing in a little bit and tomorrow. I found an air purifier which I put in the space on medium speed to keep the air fresh. I think I'm going to put it behind the Pokemon bed sheet and run it whenever I'm in The Den.

Suggestions and Advice welcome.

I know its not pretty but I hope that when its done it'll be a pretty chill place.

2. Yay, I love stuff like this! I know you have a budget of 0 dollars but you should check out yard sales and stuff for super cheap things to put on the wall when you have some cash to spare. Or if anyone you know is crafty ask them to make stuff with you.

3. So you plan on laying on you're stomach or something? Space looks small as fuck

4. I wish I knew someone making a "chill spot" I would love to help you! lol

5. Yeah my attic and basement are full of junk and I'm probably going to throw some of the cooler stuff in their.

I'm 6'2 and the space is big enough for me to sit straight up in. Its definitely not huge but its bigger then it looks.

6. If theres enough space add a mini fridge you can store great drinks for the sesh and you could roll one up on it.

7. You should do an LST grow inside :smoke:

8. You should definatly get a rug and some comfy pillows or something! I love the crawlspace man, can't wait to see it when it's finished!

9. Grow grow grow some bud... da da da da daaa merrily merrily merrily grow some bud.

10. i would drywall that shit at least :p
    if you had money... ahaha

11. I'm within 15 feet of a fridge so I got that shit covered. Gonna be looking for a way to ventilate it later without smell leaking so I can blaze up freely.

Thanks man, yeah I'm looking for some pillows and shit. Got 1 already and made another one out of a pillow case and some old clothes. For a rug I have a 2 sheets but yeah I agree that's definitely up there on the list.

All in good time. I don't know if I would be able to do an LST but If I get some seeds I might start a micro grow sometime after I get back from Christmas break.

I started furnishing a little bit, Ill post a pic before crashing tonight.

12. You could store a few dead bodies in that storage space, it'd be perfect...

13. ...but then what would I use my attic for?

14. [​IMG]

View from right side

[​IMG]

View from left side

[​IMG]

Sweet mushroom statue on a little table

I'm off to enjoy a nice shower and a waterfall bowl of bubba kush :smoke:

15. That's so cool. I'd love to have a tight, secluded spot like that- best I have is my really small bedroom.

Make sure you post pics once you're done. Do you plan to decorate the walls with posters or even wallpaper?

16. I know I won't use wallpaper but I'm definitely going to decorate the walls. I was thinking hand drawings and shit as well as actual photos.

17. I am interested in seeing the completed project. A little while back my friend bought a 16x14 shed or something, that he was gonna use as a smoke spot. Now it's finished and has: heating, air conditioner, mini fridge, microwave, computer, tv, xbox, two chairs(one is a futon), and a bed. We comfortably fit four guys in there one night it's pretty sweet

18. That sounds sick, I was going to bring down our old microwave but someone threw it out I think :(. I'm going to bring an old TV down their tommorow and possibly my gaming chair thats up in the attic. Somehow I doubt ill have wifi down their so Im gonna have to thread an ethernet cord through the whole house :eek:

19. Damn, what are you, John Wayne Gacy?

20. Nah man I dont do that much charity