The cost of living is high

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackattack, Mar 5, 2006.

1. The cost of living is getting too high to be comfortable and could be lowered if the government wasn't so high-strung about making it own profits like its a corporation, One government program that I see as a MUST is a research project on ways to provide the country with free electricity, Electricty is something that nowadays we cannot live without but the price for it is expensive, We must improvise a way to setup a system that will get the job done, I know free energy will take out a couple corporations but i see the lives of the people more important than a corporation, plus there is little things such as paying for a tag every year a little sticker which costs about 5 cents to make and we're being charged $40+ plus for it, I wonder what were paying taxes for? Once getting a free energy service up and running the next step would be free telephone service, Another thing we cannot live without, I would love to also do away with the military and army programs or atleast cut the budgets of it, Its wasting money that could be put to good use and lowering the amount of money the government needs from the people, In case of a war it could be restarted but when there is no war threat there should be no funds going towards it, Im sure there is alot of other stuff we could do to make life easier but this is what i came up with,

2. If the war budget which has increased global terrorism, increased iranian influence in Middle East, increased likelihood of terrorist attacks, caused suffering to millions of innocent iraqis etc was ploughed into something worthwhile, u could obliterate HIV if u fancied.

But US is run by a bunch of Neo-Con Imbecile sociopath cocksuckers

3. Alright, then you get your ass up and go defend the country, because without an army, we're going down, countries hate us.

4. Nothing is free.
    The government will not provide us with "free" electricity, WE will provide ourselves with "free" energy by paying more taxes. And knowing the goverment and our past tendencies as a nation, the cost of electricity will skyrocket. Just look at healthcare expenses... the government and insurance companies pay outrageous amounts of money for seemingly inexpensive medical visits or prescriptions. Medical companies take advantage of the consumer's ignorance and gouge the hell out of the government---because they can and nobody will object. We don't consciously take money out of our wallets to pay for prescriptions so we feel OK.

There are only two medical fields that have decreased in price over the past 10 years: Plastic Surgery and Lasic Eye Surgery. Do you know why? It's because we, the consumer, have to pay out of our own pockets-- insurance and the government don't let us blindly wave the bill. The fact that we have to pay for it stimulates competition and ultimately lowers the price. If we stopped relying on the government to take care of us, than the cost of medicine would significantly decrease along with the cost of living. :D The same idea applies to electricity, education, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. We need a revolution.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I saw a thing on the news where ppl had solar panels placed on their roofs. It was like a whole neighborhood of ppl that had them and they would have extremely cheap electricity bills and some ppl were even payed because they produced more than they used...i think if we could start converting houses like this it would be wonderful.

7. Check this out man... go steal some solar panels. Holy shit, one job. And you never have to pay for electricity again in your life, assuming that you live in a house that you own and don't plan on leaving... hmmm...

But yeah, solar panels are becoming more and more efficient. Soon they'll be an option for everything, financially.

8. I dont see how the fact that having a war budget would increase global terrorism. Just because they both go up doesnt mean that they have a direct relationship.

I have no problem with cutting some funding to the military, however theres lots of other things that can be afforded to get cut too.

All in all its not so much the institution that is crooked its the players, with all of the porkbarelling the politicians do to stay in office and get what they want its no wonder our deficit is so huge.

9. I just wish everyone would shut the fuck up already.Im not usually mean on this forum, but goddammit, do you guys have to critiscize the government on every fucking thing they do? Sure, it would be nice if they legalized bud, and sure, it does suck that major corporations and conservative dickwad republicans are making so much money, but god damnit, thats what makes this country run smoothly. Free energy would be nice, but cant you deal without it? Fucking survival of the fittest, if you cant afford to pay your energy bill, tough shit. And im not rich or even middle class, so dont whine about me not having to deal with a poor mans problems. If you really want to see the nation improve, go to work, work your ass off, go the extra mile and try to make other people do the same. Then, little by little, our economy will become stonger and you will start to see an improvement in everyday life.

I really dont mean to offend anyone, and I know that everything i just said can be proven wrong or flipped on me or whatever, but im just saying that it is not all the governments fault. Just most of it. We, as a nation of individuals, can make a difference.

Im sorry if I offended anyone, feel free to curse me out.

And cutting the military funding is not a good idea. Keeping our troops trained and in shape, and researching new tactics and weaponry is essential to our survival.

10. Dude you know what our whole problom is? its a simple five letter word... it's GREED. Watch the world pay for afew mens greed.. oh wait it already is, silly me. Look at nature dying, look at the polar ice caps melting, look at all the shit we have fucked up because of greed and look at all the shit we have to put up with! There are good people out there and I believe alot of them reside here in the city but there is only so much we can do... Till we evolve out of our destructive nature we will only end up hurting ourselves. Earth will be fine because after we are all dead and gone the earth will still be here and that means so will life.. So hell... lets have a good time before we go shall we?

Oh and yah the government sucks balls too .. blah I wish I could put the smack down on the lot of em but unfortunatly I can't so until we band together to change it we will sit here and twiddle our thumbs because I enjoy doing that and smoking pot too.

11. Sure it's not all the government's fault, but a good portion of it is. What good is a strong economy if only a few people are making any more money? There is more money in the U.S. market today than ever before (except briefly during the dot-com boom), but the quality of life for many has gone down. Health insurance rates are through the roof, babies in poor areas are dying of malnutrition and fucking typhoid, and about 30 million people can't find a job, but--ooh, the economy's up!

Why? Because the government has repeatedly cut corporate taxes and bailed out "failing" companies in a misguided effort to improve the economy. Sure, it worked--but only for the guys at the top. Everyone else is just as fucked as before.

I certainly don't condone an able-bodied person sitting on their lazy ass and not working when they can easily find a job, but this isn't always the case. It's not as simple as just going out and getting a job. You appear to ignore the fact that the minimum wage isn't enough to live on in all but the most rural areas, the fact that the only jobs you can get today with less than a couple of years of college are in the lowest bowels of the service industry, the fact that public transit budgets are being cut in areas where most poor people can't afford to own a car.

This is basically what the government is saying: "Don't like your life? Go work hard and it'll get better!" Well, this is coming from a bunch of third- and fourth-generation millionaires who have never had to "work hard" a day in their life. They aren't, in my opinion, the ones who should be running the country.

(My answer to everything: campaign finance reform! Get the rich guys out of office and things are bound to improve.)

Didn't mean to jump all over you, Stamppad, I get on a rant sometimes. No hard feelings, okay? :wave:

12. The cost of living is high, think about it, do you really live that efficiently?

I think everyone should live in smaller homes that run more efficiently and conserve energy.

One day everyone will live in green houses (no, not where plants grow but eco friendly homes) and we'll be back to living more natural instead of with smog constantly going into the air.

13. You could go kill a squirrel, drink out of a lake and live in a box and not spend a single dollar.. its up to you how much you want to spend to make your life better.

14. No you cannot unless you own a shit load of land and if thats the case you would already have a shit load of money and wouldnt need to worry about anything

15. i think I know a possible reason why it is high(no pun intended)

maybe the people on welfare should get up and get jobs instead of money being taken out of my hard earned paycheck to support thier lazy ass
    if you are able bodied and able minded, get a job
    if your kids are on welfare, quit having kids. don't expect the government to do your job. thats the problem with some parents today, they allow movie ratings and parental advisory stickers judge thier kids' content

I have aspergers sydrome and ADHD and I have a job, pay my own rent, cell phone bill, truck, student loans (when I graduate), gas, beer, and weed. then again thats not a severe disablity

granted though if you are like paralized or in a coma or something then yeah I can see why
    but thats

16. i think I know a possible reason why it is high(no pun intended)

maybe the people on welfare should get up and get jobs instead of money being taken out of my hard earned paycheck to support thier lazy ass
    if you are able bodied and able minded, get a job
    if your kids are on welfare, quit having kids. don't expect the government to do your job. thats the problem with some parents today, they allow movie ratings and parental advisory stickers judge thier kids' content

I have aspergers sydrome and ADHD and I have a job, pay my own rent, cell phone bill, truck, student loans (when I graduate), gas, beer, and weed. then again thats not a severe disablity

granted though if you are like paralized or in a coma or something then yeah I can see why
    but thats just what i think idk

17. Other countries hate the U.S because of how they have chosen to deal with forign affairs, the U.S is a war machine with more monstrosities done in its name than anyone would probably care to count, and its done so for mainly self-serving goals.

The human toll has been grossly high.

18. Youre showing terribly flawed logic here. The United States of America is the world's last remaining superpower. We cannot cut our military budgets only to "restart" them when war occurs, that's called "Suicide". Someone who was very influential in shaping America into what it has become once said, "Peacetime is merely preparation for war." No words ever rang so true. War is INEVITABLE people! Get that through your fuckin heads! There will never "Peace on Earth" or that any of that pussy bullshit. War is part of the Human Experiance and that's that.

America is also in the unfortunate position of being essentially the World's police force. You can't expect to maintain our supiriority in Military Force Projection by cutting it off comepletely. There are people out there who want every American dead, and will gives thier own lives in reach of that goal. Cutting our budgets isnt going to make everyone more complacent with each other, thats naive thinking. If America didn't have the military capability that it does, this world would be MUCH worse than it is now, thats a fact.

If you have nothing worth fighting for, you have nothing worth living for.

19. ugh i hear ya bout cost of living. my ELECTRIC bill last month was over 500. turns out my town pays the highest electric rates in the entire country. the second highest was some hick town out in the middle of no where. 500 dollars for 30 days of low use is rediculous.

you guys have probably seen that domino's comercial with the light in the house? yeah thats me just in real life. if the computer is on then only 1 other light is allowed on and thats the one above the comp.

20. Ideally police forces don't cause more crimes than they solve. The U.S is in the unfortunate position of doing exactly that.

A lot of those people's families have been unjustly murdered by the actions taken by the united states for one goal: personal progress, in the face of human death.

If America was a 'police force' that was only concerned with upholding justice, preventing unneccesary turmoil, and advancing the cause of human rights this would be true, however that image that they project for themselves couldn't be further from the truth, they are cold blooded murderers, whether you'd like to admit this or not.

The U.S doesn't fight for worthwhile goals, they fight for one thing and one thing only: National interest.

• Like Like x 1