the constant threat that is my Mother..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rossignol, Jan 4, 2014.

1.           so i've been smoking now for like two years and my mom has recently become a problem for me and my boyfriend. since he moved in we go out to the porch every other night and smoke. in the beginning of this my mom thought we were going out there to spend quality time with each other, we were, but smoking was the main reason for going out there. recently my boyfriend had his friends over they were making a fire outside and we had a good amount of stuff sitting out on his friends tablet.then we see the light turn on and the dogs come to the door, so we know who is coming to the door next. we rushed to move the stuff somewhere else before she could see it. and we knew she definitely couldn't smell it, mostly because the stuff we had was really cheap and hard like a rock. when we took it out it had literally no smell. but she came out and called me inside saying that she could smell everything which i believe to be nearly impossible. 
              but anyways she has been suspicious ever sense. yet again we had his friends over and they were playing with his bb gun. which he had tapped a red dot sight to. his friend lifted the gun up to his face to sight it and she walked out there and saw that. then she comes up to my room and sarts yelling at me saying how everyone needs to leave and not come back. i was verry confused. we got the whole thing settled. and she still doesnt believe she is wrong. 
              the ironic thing is that when she was my age maybe a little older, she smoked just like me. and now she feels the need to tell me im doing wrong. its just a confusing situation... xp

2. Okay, here come the first couple of obvious responses.

If you are over 18 and your mother is that big of a problem move out (seems like since your boyfriend moved in, both of you are in a situation where you cant afford your own place)

Try to come up with a compromise.  Make sure she knows that you're not keeping it/smoking it in the house but you are taking it outside to be more "respectful" towards her.

I mean really there is no set string of words you can say to her to make this NO become a YES.  

Your concern should be focused on moving out of your moms house...then there wont be this drama at all

3. I mean it's her house. Respect her, if she doesn't want you to smoke then don't...

4. As long as you're living there, you should at least respect her wishes. As a parent, I'd be a fair bit more lenient than her, but everyone is different and they have their reasons for why they do what they do, regardless of whether they're good reasons or not. I'd have a discussion with her and straight up say that I will not bring anything to the house that you don't want here, but know that cannabis is a part of my life and will remain so. I will not let it impact my decision making or keep me from obtaining my goals. I'd also discuss the medicinal benefits from it and the fact that the world is slowly taking notice that we've been fed lies for far too long regarding cannabis itself. If she's worried about the side effects on your health, counter that with the fact that there are far better routes of consumption than smoking, but if you don't have the means at this time, that it's something you will be looking into in the future. Cannabis itself isn't "unhealthy", but smoke is. Aside from that, I honestly don't think there's anything within it that will impact your safety and well-being, aside from maybe local law enforcement (depending on where you live). If you can't be respectful of her rules while you live there, you should probably look to move out. Don't leave on a bad note though as that will only make your mother feel as if the cannabis is creating a barrier between you two. Honesty, calm discussion and information will be vital these days with making previous generations understand the reality and not all that "reefer madness" crap they were force-fed.

Who knows...maybe your mother is one of the few that might actually be able to have a logical discussion with you and come to terms with it. It'd be a lot better for you to be able to consume on your property, out of sight of public view because getting in trouble with the law is FAR more detrimental to you than cannabis which isn't at all, so long as you keep your priorities intact.

5. She birthed you..so she kinda has the right to tell you what to do. At least until you move out and pay for all your own shit.

6. IMPORTANT QUESTION HELP PLEASE. I got caught with weed on Dec 3, 2013 and got a misdemeanor for possesion and my court date is Jan 6, 2014. Since I have a clean record, try have me a diversion plan. All I have to do is complete "teen drug court". A program run by the police and the school. I know they drug test at teen drug court, but I don't think I'll have to go that soon but I will find out when it starts at my court date. But my parents try to tell me that I will be drug tested at court. I've looked online and people have said that you won't get tested in court and I was told that I didn't even have to go in front of the judge or anything, just sign the diversion agreement. I smoked yesterday (about a g) should I be worried?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity ForumSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Knowing this shit come upon you, why the fuck would you? not good idea. Yes of course if your tested soon, you'r fuckd. Drink lots water and hit the gym

8. Seeing that you are going to do diversion at court, I don't think they will make you go pee pee until you see a probation officer. Now the probation officer WILL most likely pee pee test you every single time you have to go in and see him/or her because it was a drug related charge and of course if mom and dad have their say in it then the good ol' judge may make you head straight to the hospital for a drug test...yeah you could be screwed...sorry kid.

9. [quote name="TwinkleWeeder" post="19283570" timestamp="1388908570"]Seeing that you are going to do diversion at court, I don't think they will make you go pee pee until you see a probation officer. Now the probation officer WILL most likely pee pee test you every single time you have to go in and see him/or her because it was a drug related charge and of course if mom and dad have their say in it then the good ol' judge may make you head straight to the hospital for a drug test...yeah you could be screwed...sorry kid.[/quote] My parents would never want me to take a drug test because they wouldn't want to take the chance of me failing. Also I'm not even on probation. I'm being put on teen drug court even though I'm 18. It's a program run by the school and the local pd and it says on the diversion agreement that I'll have to take random urinalysis through the drug court. So I don't really think they twould drug test me at my court date. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum