Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Complete Connoisseur's Guide to Enjoying Cannabis:

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by The Legend, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Think it will look weird if i'm digging through my local grocery store's mangos looking for ones that are slightly overripe? lol

2. #102 Jaded, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    i want me a vape...

but good stuff! i definitely don't wash my hands before touching myself, though... used to when i first began smoking.. but i guess i got over it. though i really don't touch it all that much. usually stick it in a pill container and cut it up in there with scissors.. and then i usually just pour it from there into the bowl. :)

*EDIT* "before touching myself" hahahaha. obviously i meant 'before touching IT"

3. #103 GreyMatterTripp, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
    Lol, sure. Sure you did. ;) :D :cool:

I'll keep that visual to myself, no worries.

4. free ganja!

happy new years and happy holidaze everyone!!!!

5. Hey nice guide, man. I'm sure it will help a lot of people out. :D

6. would using a candle to substitute for my bic be better?

7. Very nice post, I commend you for putting forth the effort to better you common stoner by producing this guide. However, when I was reading it I came across something that struck me:
    I was told this when I first started smoking but after learning how to grow I found it is not true. The act of hanging your buds upside down is not to have gravity concentrate THC in the tip of the bud rather it is just and effective method of drying.

8. Awesome stuff.

Am I the only one who doesnt like using grinders to pack bowels? I only use em for rolling jays and blunts.

9. Poker:

A trusted poker can be a helpful tool in the fight against clogged bowls! Here is a cool one I picked up from ROOR:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the $9.99 ROOR Poker may be a bit pricey, the small glass tip is excellent for handling hash oil efficiently and very easily, making it well worth the money in my opinion. Most headshops carry great metal pokers for less than $1.00 that work just as well. Use anything that works well for you as a poker, just be sure to have a safe place to keep it to avoid smearing black resin on your favorite shirt or chair.

i thought these pokers were meant to be used with a jet lighter...........you heat the end with a butane(jet) lighter till redish hot and then you use it the same as a soldering iron, so it lights ur bowl with just a pin point of heat, conserving your dank, eliminating the toxins from a lighter, and making the taste of your bud really come out

10. Hahaha well i bought them at Dementia Smoke Shop in Los Angeles, California...home of more ROOR products than anyone else in the United States and also the main distributor of ROOR USA products...where they informed me that it is just a simple glass poker.

11. Wouldn't a normal zip lock bag be okay for storing small amounts of weed? And how should hash be stored?

12. Absolutely not, ziplock bags are not even close to being airtight. Leaving fresh nugs exposed to oxygen will RAPIDLY begin to dry them out resulting in a dry harsh smoke and a lower THC content. I recommend using mason jars for daily use and vacuum seal your herb with a food saver for long term storage.

13. Not a bad guide, but you lost here here:

"Locate the tip of your nug, that is where the most THC's at. When plants are harvested they are cut at the base and hung to dry, the laws of gravity kick in and the sticky resin slowly seeps down the plant to the tip of the nugs."

This is an urban legend. The resin is contained in the trichome heads and doesn't seep anywhere. The reason we hang them upside down is because it's the gentlest and most convenient way to dry them.

Aside from that it looks pretty accurate.

14. Good to know friend!

My father told me this many years ago and I've considered it a fact ever since hahaha. I'll make sure to get a mod to edit that out asap ( it won't let me edit the original guide...hence the lack of posts!!!)

15. It's all good. It's a common misconception that was very popular in the 70's. People used to think that there was resin in the roots even and if you kept the plant whole and hung it you'd get more resin to flow to the buds ;)

16. im from chicago, where can i get some candain kush from. PLEASE HOLLA @ ME

17. Chicago should have plenty of good bud. Make some new friends. You're not allowed to ask for hookups here (against the rules) if that's what you're asking.

18. Excellent guide keep up the good work

19. hahaha, a fucking magnifying glass? just use a vape, muuuch less effort--or stop freaking out about inhaling butane. i guess standing there holding a magnifying glass over your bowl for ten minutes is worth it for you "connoisseurs" but, i mean, while this has a lot of great tips that i didn't know about, like the mangoes, some of it seems borderline obsessive. i smoke weed the old fashioned way and it works for me.

other than that, you should add green tea to the munchies section. +rep legend

20. okay dude, stay in newb section, cuz solaring a bowl (lighthing w/magnifying glass) takes no longer than a lighter does as long as its nice out, and is soo clean and smooth. try it before you smash the idea. and while you dont know this b/c youve nvr done it, wind cannot prevent you from lighting your bowl with the glass the way a lighter can. i personally can light just as fast you with my glass and burn much less weed while doing it. give things a chance and youll thank everyone's DANK ideas that are passed on to you