Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Complete Connoisseur's Guide to Enjoying Cannabis:

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by The Legend, Oct 17, 2008.

1. i'm greedy..

i want more! :)

sorry dude but this shit is sweet and its like a tease.. idk if you can but you should get it all done then post back up :D:D:hello::hello::hello::hello:

2. dude are you serious? what is it missing...

3. Looking good, TL.

Still waiting on: packing snaps, heady glass, extract smoking slides, glowrods, carbon adapters, diffusers vs. regular downstem, glass screens, Grunge Off, and if i can think of any more than that, i'll let you know. I have pictures of many of those things on that list, so if you need them, let me know.

Keep it up, this guide is the shit.

4. I've covered Grunge Off and Snaps...

I have a few HUGE things coming for this guide and the city...

5. great thread my man

6. Thanks my man! :D

It's my first thread to be sticky'd and I must say I'm proud of her! I still have ALOT to add to this one but it's coming along nicely.

7. Thought of another one- K-clips. Also, inline a/c's vs. Multi-Arm A/c's vs. Pill Bottle

8. btw cool sig

9. Hahaha thanks again brotha! My wife was like "how'd he do that?" she thinks you are the mad scientist behind the computer or something hahahah

10. dude... vaaape! :D

idk if it's been in your plannnss..

but i own a vaporbros.. and just think its ESSEEENTTTIAL if youre attempting to fully enjoy the herb.. especially on multiple levels [different tastes & highs]

11. Soldering iron works great! And true that, butane is fucking horrible for you. At the very least you should carry matches with you.

12. love the thread man, big props!

13. I'm finishing up my guide, I'll be done today and have it turned into TL. ;) :D :smoking:

14. Dude it won't let me edit it anymore? Can someone contact a mod or tell me which mod to contact...I need to post a HUGE update.....

15. Holy shit thank you for posting in this thread. I saw your name and remembered you had that thread about eating mangos and I forgot about the ones I have in my kitchen ripening.

I havent been in the kitchen much since I have blazed in a week but im gonna eat those 2 mangos and them smoke a gram of some nice KB

16. OHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe let trikky know??? :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

17. Nice, post the results I'm curious as to how much it boosts the high from a smokers standpoint.

I plan on trying it too soon, but for the sake of science ;) post it when your done.:D

18. #99 GreyMatterTripp, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
    Looks like we can't update for some reason.

I'll just post the vape section for those waiting and delete it once it gets updated. Once we fix the issue that is.

Vapes

Now before we get into types of vaporizers lets ask ourselves, "why vape?".

The reasons might be medical, or they might be based on preference of effect or taste.

For those who have never had the opportunity to enjoy a fresh vaporizer rip just imagine the smell of the most overwhelming, pungent, herb and translate that into a taste. It is CLEAN and I mean no taste of ash or harshness as long as the herb is well cured and flushed and the vape is at the right temp. Its impossible to describe how luscious and rich the flavor is but if you imagine the best green hit you’ve ever taken, that funky skunky or clean and piney flavor that you tasted and multiply it by 10 and that’s about the best description one can muster.

The high produced by the vaporizer, in my experience and the experience of those I have spoken to, is more intense than with smoking the same amount of cannabis. When I rip a huge bong I get loaded don’t get me wrong but I also cough and have to hold my breath longer and exert more to clear it so I have a light headedness as well, the immediate effect that I get from hitting the vaporizer feels different in that it doesn’t subside but gain strength as the minutes pass until I’m higher than a kite. I believe this has to do with the higher concentration of THC in the vapor compared to the smoke. Vapors consist of 95% THC and smoke only consists of about 12%.(see source below)

As for the medical reasons its not hard for one to imagine the benefits of consuming only vapors as opposed to smoke. Here is some information from a NORMAL study on vaporizers showing the scale of the reduction of harmful compounds in the vaporizer method as opposed to combustion.

“The new study used a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer (GCMS) to examine the gas components of the vapor. .The analysis showed that the Volcano® vapor was remarkably clean, consisting 95% of THC with traces of cannabinol (CBN), another cannabinoid. The remaining 5% consisted of small amounts of three other components: one suspected cannabinoid relative, one suspected PAH, and caryophyllene, a fragrant oil in cannabis and other plants. In contrast over 111 different components appeared in the gas of the combusted smoke, including a half dozen known PAHs. Non-cannabinoids accounted for as much as 88% of the total gas content of the smoke.”
    Source: http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy2.html

Now that we’ve gotten through the WHY lets get to the types of vapes on the market currently.

1. First off is the pocket vape I’m not sure how effective they are because I’ve never tried one, but they look like a hassle. Picture pretty much explains it, it’s a weed crack pipe.

[​IMG]

2. The next and least effective method is the dome vape. These are the cheapest next to the glass tube. I’ve seen them for as little as $20

[​IMG]

These vapes are one of the first models to hit the market and are by far the least effective, do not base the vaporization methods effectiveness on this device. They work by having a heating element raised at the center for the herb to go, they have a glass dome to house the vapors and a plastic hose coming out of the base or the dome to clear the vapors. The problem is that the herb is put directly on the heating element instead of letting heat pass over it. The result is you get burned herb which produces smoke, thus defeating the purpose of vaping the cannabis.

3. Next is the Box Vaporizer, which is just a heating element in a box (a soldering iron) and a separate glass whip with a plastic hose connected to a mouthpiece. They usually run around $100-$200 depending on the company, quality, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You grind your herb and put it into the bowl of the whip place the whip on the heating element and inhale, drawing a fresh stream of vapors into your lungs. This is my preferred method as the vapors are fresh and the hit is instantaneous as opposed to waiting for a bag to fill up. Its important to note that unlike smoke vapors do not get stale, regardless I like this method the best and I feel like it’s the most effective and efficient.

4. The Vapir one style portable vapes, these are powered by a fan and can be used with both a tube and a bag, providing convienice and functionality for the user. The typical retail price is $150 for this unit without the bag inflation kit which is usually sold seperately.

[​IMG]

Your herb is grinded or broken into small chunks and placed in a herb disk, set a temp, and a green light goes on when the temp is reached and you inhale through your tube or fill up the bags. The vapor bags pictured below are made of a durable plastic and are reusable as well as mint flavored to cover up the plastic smell/taste.

[​IMG]

5. The Volcano Vaporizer consists of a cone shaped base which houses the electronics and heating element. Ground herbs are placed in a heating chamber and inserted at the top of the base. The heat is pushed over the herb vaporizing it and into the bag. The heating chamber is removable for easy cleaning. These can go for as much as $500-$700.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the most popular versions and any others are just variations of these desings with the same principle.

In closing I would like to stress the importance of buying a vape from a reputable company if you want your investment to be sound as some off brand companies make theirs with extremely cheap parts and have design flaws.

If you choose to invest in a vape your lungs and eventually your wallet will thank you.

Happy Tokin' GC

-GreyMatterTripp

19. Awesome thread man.