Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Complete Connoisseur's Guide to Enjoying Cannabis:

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by The Legend, Oct 17, 2008.

1. heres some little additions.

Look at the hairs of your nugget, the darker the hairs the lopnger the grow time.

When you burn your nugget look down at the ash, if its white its flushed well, if not it hasn't been flushed of nutrients properly.

If there is any stale smoke, don't be afraid to put your mouth on the female part of your bong and blow all that nasty crud out!

Keep a clean and fresh bong, use iso and salt to clean your pieces

Fresh water is a must in water pipes, warm water for "denser hits" and cold water for "fresher hits". Both get you just as high, matter of a persons preference on how they like their smoke.

When hitting a joint, don't drag it like a cig. Take a puff and inhale and hold it there for a little bit, blow it out letting it flow over your tongue, keep your nose open too so you can get the full taste of your nuggets.

If taking bong rips, blow out all the air in your lungs before you hit so that you can pull a monstrous rip.

Don't ever drink bong or bubbler water, and if your gonna ingest any THC make sure its been released in some substance that has fat or oil, otherwise your just wasting weed.

Brownies and firecrackers work, just give em some time, youll love the high!

2. Ha. I really don't see anybody hating here.

Unless you want to count this...

Not to make it into anything bigger than it was. It was just a comment that he made..that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It wasn't directed at me, so i guess I should have just kept quiet. I just don't like to see people try to flaunt their supposed superiority. Its a habit that a few of the old heads on this board have, and it really shouldn't be like that.

that being said...IAL posts some of the dankest herb i've ever seen, and has started a great guide, that I would love to see completed.

3. this thread has great potential..good info already

i hope u finish it

4. Would love to see this expanded with pictures and get more in-depth, thank for for what's written so far.

5. +rep but uhm.. what is a connoisseur.. =D

6. #26 skunkytokes, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    For butane free smoking a product named "bee line" has been developed. Bee line is an organic burning string made from hemp and beeswax. It burns like a candle so it burns pretty slow. nice alternative to the sun, and soldering irons.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. I've never seen anything like that before man. Have you used it yourself?

If so how is it?

8. I havn't personaly used it. I read an article about it in the newest high times. Seems like pretty legit stuff. The article say's it does a good job with keeping the complex flavor of dank that is lost by butane and sulfer. although the article does say it gives the smoke a hint of honey. So now looking at it i don't think that it's that great as a connoisseur tool, because the flavor is not pure. But it woud be good for the health concious pot smoker.

9. Cool guide, man. I like the washing hands deal. Gonna have to start doing that more. Thanks for the pointers.

-Trikky

10. agreed this is gonna be good.

and with some great tips and info for the younger ones.

11. a few new updates, i'll do some more work later...

12. my guide:
    blaze.

that is all

but then again you can often find posts about people asking "WHAT DO I DO WHEN IM HIGH!?! OOOO :eek:" so this is pretty useful

13. #33 The Legend, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
    BUMP BUMP BUMP

Resized the pictures

&

NEW SECTIONS ADDED:

- Cork Jars

- Kief / Kief Boxes

- Tools of the Trade

14. Nice, It was a good read.

15. Hey I just had a question or two about some information in your post. Now the enemy of any fresh bud would be air obviously, but wouldn't a TightVac jar, which uses a vacuum seal without any real sort of gasket, be good enough for storage of bud?

Also in the event that your green does happen to dry out, does it affect the potency of the bud? I know this is a connoisseur thread so taste is important thus fresh green is necessary, but I always wondered. Thanks mang!

16. #36 spaceman46&2, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This is nonsense. Utter, complete nonsense. You can deceive yourself as much as you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it's completely untrue and not factual in the least.

This is more nonsense. It may have been originally written by whoever owns Bee-Line, but that doesn't make it any less false. When butane combusts, the only byproducts are water vapor and carbon dioxide. The only way you can harm yourself with butane is by inhaling it straight out of the lighter without igniting it. And the easiest way to avoid flint particles is to use a lighter that has piezoelectric ignition. There are a ton of these lighters cheaply available. Furthermore, Bee-Line is not chemical free by any means. You are burning the wick and vaporizing the wax and inhaling both. If you want to get your THC without any byproducts at all, use a vaporizer. Bee-Line is just using scare tactics to sell a product that is likely worse for your lungs than most methods of lighting your weed. A butane lighter does not produce ash or vaporized wax.

17. I'm pretty sure the lighter burns any "germs" on your bud...honestly i go through maybe 1/5 of what you do to smoke weed..I grab a game and break it up roll it up smoke it up...I enjoy every minute of it too.

18. haha sorry man already beat you to it, i told the OP to add this already, dont say i didnt cuz it was a PM.
    And i REALLy want to try this, i wish they sold it in stores but ive only seen it online so i will have to wait til i can buy a box...=[

19. #39 The Legend, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
    Let's just review some facts kids:

- Considering the amount of germs and bacteria that your body comes in contact with on a daily basis, and considering your hands are the going to be in your mouth, on your face, whipping your ass, or lighting a bowl, it would be RIDICULOUS, UNHEALTHY, AND DISGUSTING to not wash your hands frequently.

- Studies prove that inhaling butune is extremely harmful to your health, and as a connoisseur of cannabis I can not recommend the use of a standard butane lighter to anyone for just that reason! If you had ever tried any of the methods I have recommended in my guide you would have realized the EXTREME increase in flavor, noticed that bowls burn twice as long, and probably wouldn't have created your post.

With that said, you sir are 100% WRONG!

20. Bump for the real connoisseurs out there!!!