The Colony

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Madmike420, Sep 2, 2009.

1. #1 Madmike420, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
    The Colony

Anyone watch this! It is like a post apocalyptic real world!

2. yeah i watch it online usually. i want the new episode so bad.

and the texas rep john c is a fucking genius.

3. Fuck ya I love John C's beard! He just has the whole mad scientist look down to a T!

4. I saw a couple episodes but couldn't stand to watch it any longer. It's much too obviously scripted.

Zero concept of survival and so transparently prioritized objectives to capitalize on what's good for TV.

Food, water, shelter, and not in that order. Once you have that set, then you fortify your ability to maintain it. Electricity? Don't be daft. Especially not in an urban environment with competition for resources. Electric lighting might as well be a neon sign saying "we didn't spend enough time building spears, come take our shit."

It's TV scripted MacGyverism.

5. I agree with knowboddy.

I haven't really watched it enough to make a fair judgment but from what I've seen it seems extremely contrived.

6. Agreed.
    I started watching because I am a sucker for the Post Apocalyptic concept, so I'll basically check out anything with it to see who does it well.
    They've done it miserably though. They did it in the middle of a city which was stupid because now they have to work around that by being very obviously scripted and just giving them the things they would actually have to go get like wood for their constant fire and a billion fucking car batteries conveniently all on a single lot.
    It doesn't help that they have the dumbest fucking people on this show. The only cool people are John C, George the Doc, and the martial arts chick. Everyone else is a major league asshole, or a stupid fucking bitch. Sometimes it's hard to tell how much they are "acting" and how much of it is just them being seriously fucking retarded.
    Terrible show.

7. god damn. it's a reality tv show. what do you expect? they're ALL scripted at times.

kinda cheesy at points but this is the only reality show i watch. it's mostly entertaining and still cool seeing all that stuff built from random garbage. even if the garbage was specifically placed there to do said project its still cool to watch.

i'd be down for another season. or maybe they should fill the time slot with an mtv reality show like i love new york? maybe you all would like that a little more? didnt think so.