The Cold War Was a Fraud

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Previously Classified Documents Reveal US Failure Over Decades

This should provide further proof of how the Military Industrial Complex dictates foreign policy, not national security interests. When communism and the Soviet ceased to provide a credible threat, the War on Terror was born.

2. We're the United States. We're a fucking monster. Learn to love it.

3. Who's more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him?

4. the fool who follows him.

you should hit me up on aim dude. i love talking about this shit

5. Dude, talk on here...... I want to hear your opinion.

6. Does anyone else notice that this piece is completely ridiculous. It's self-contradictory.

Look at these two points:
    and
    This doesn't make sense. Either ALL OF THE MODELS involved a NATO first strike, and then there is no model for a Soviet Preemption, OR some of the models did include a Soviet preemption in which case it is impossible for ALL of them to involve a NATO first strike.

Or consider this point:
    But this doesn't make sense given the above quote that the Soviet leadership did not rule out a preemptive strike option. How can Soviet Leadership be both deterred from using nuclear weapons and simultaneously not rule out using them FIRST (which is what preemption means)?

Ultimately, however, this study is outdated (I know, I know "It's History, how can it be outdated?"), it was written in 1995.

In 2007 (12 years after the study) actual Soviet war plans were found in Prague (source: Soviet plan for WW3 nuclear attack unearthed - Telegraph ) and involved, among other things:

This is in direct contradiction to the argument presented from the 1995 study that:

Since the original study was written without benefit of the Soviet war plans, and was based mostly on interviews without supporting documents, I see no reason to put much stock in it.

7. How many nukes are needed to destroy the world?

Far less than what was created.

Who regulated the costs and development of either nuclear program? Once someone owns a nuke, production costs are at their demands.

Someone made a wholelotta money off of both sides. There is no proof. It would be foolish to think we have any "facts".

We can... speculate.

8. This. This right here applies to every single war we have ever been in. Every single political move including foreign and domestic policy has been about someone making money. This is where every conspiracy theory comes from, and where every true conspiracy is based.

Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

9. Let's assume people could actually fend for themselves... and not on the mass scale gmo fields that provide them food (Prime nuke targets).

Let's also assume radiation doesn't exist.

Let's also assume no variation in levels of destruction. I'm sure all warheads affect 14.9 km^2. It is a constant of the universe, surely.

I don't mean to incite fear. But I don't think that thread is accurate, at all.

10. Would you by a used car from BDM Corporation?

Can you believe anything any 'government contractor' actually says???

The only way of finding out if and what actually happened is to go to Russia and ask someone who was there. It's far easier finding out from Russia than from the USA anyway. Take UFO info for example, there's no great secret over there, they all admit they haven't a clue what's going on!

:smoking:

11. you are quite right.

'follow the money' is all you need to do to get to the bottom of 98% of things.

12. I don't know how accurate this is but you can be sure that there will always be some threat to control the people.

It should be obvious to everyone that fear is been used to manipulate and guide society and its mostly a bunch of BS.

The US has waged wars all over the globe because of the 'threat' posed to us by the soviets.

Its called the FUD factor. Fear, uncertainty, doubt. We are bombarded with it every day.

We once feared the Russians and now we fear terrorists, rogue nations, swine flu and global warming, next UFOs or asteroids from space. :rolleyes:

13. We live in the US yet I don't think we can say with any certainty what actually goes on here. What makes you think it'll be different in Russia? Powerful regimes tend to not be transparent. Anything you think you know about them is simply the little bit they let you know.

14. Truf be told.

15. I don't disagree completely. Under both systems, both now of course capitalist, there is a need for secrecy to keep the ruling minority in power.
    We can't let the people know what's going on, they might kick us out and CHANGE things!

Heaven forbid....

:smoke: